• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirin AP Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already explained above the reasoning for the debris to move in the timeframe of the lightning strike, why damage has still not addressed.
The explanation up above doesn't seem to actually address my point from what I can tell.

I get the debris moving in the timeframe of the lightning. That's not what I am disputing.

Just calc the distance the debris traveled in the panel that we still see the lightning. Easy fix
There's no reason to as I've already addressed the issue of the debris reaching said distance in the lightnings timeframe. Not to mention the timeframe would be far lower than the 0.2 seconds due to them move before the lightning disappears.

Your issue is the debris reaching the calced distance in the 0.2 second timeframe which I've addressed above.
I don't really know how to rephrase the issue; because what you've addressed isn't the issue that I've brought up.

Arc7 seems to get where I'm coming from.

Is your issue not the rocks moving to their calced distance into the 0.2 second timeframe?
Yes.

Your explanation here:

The second page shows the action of Kirin moving the pieces along with their destruction as we can see BZ getting smacked with rocks and the bushes next to the mountain getting pushed by the air pressure.

Shows the pieces of moving during the 0.2 second timeframe which is all well and fine. But here:

The last page shows the end process of the destruction where we see all of the rocks already at the distance calced, where we don't see any movement of rocks any more.

Does not actually prove them being the calced distance within the 0.2 second timeframe.

I think I've said what I can for now. The calc's assumptions are not supported so I can't support it being used.

You've yet to support your claims using the canon material, while I've given more than enough evidence to support mine.
We're both using the same canon material.

I'll be happy to explain it again to any other Calc Group Members who join in on this thread, but for now I think I've said enough.

This part doesn't make sense to me.

You're using a shot of how far away the debris ended up away from the Uchiha hideout after the destruction took place, but you're assuming that the debris travelled that distance in the same 0.2 second timeframe as the lightning strike which doesn't make any sense.
I have already addressed this concern above with a reasonable explanation and you have yet to bring up a counterargument.

I have already addressed this concern above with a reasonable explanation and you have yet to bring up a counterargument.
You providing an explanation doesn't automatically make you correct. You're simply wrong in your explanation; as I stated up above, your analysis proves movement occured during the timeframe. It does not prove that the movement was complete during the timeframe. The latter is what you need for your calc to be correct.

You providing an explanation doesn't automatically make you correct. You're simply wrong in your explanation; as I stated up above, your analysis proves movement occured during the timeframe. It does not prove that the movement was complete during the timeframe. The latter is what you need for your calc to be correct.
You have yet to prove my explanation wrong.

It shows the rocks getting blasted off screen while the lightning is still going on and shows them at the calced distance with no indication of them landing there after the lightning strike stopped.
Yes, them being off-screen is kind of the issue.

Since there’s indication they could’ve traversed that entire distance but no absolute proof, why not just average the distance WoI calc’d with what we see on panel? It’d essentially be a middle end.
I'm no CGM, but if this is acceptable, then I'd personally be behind it.
I've personally been torn on both sides of this, and kinda saw both sides' points.

Since there’s indication they could’ve traversed that entire distance but no absolute proof, why not just average the distance WoI calc’d with what we see on panel? It’d essentially be a middle end.
Basically you want me to use this image to get the distance the rock is and subtract it from the total distance i calced? Also for the compression part of the feat, should i use the statement from Zetsu as the timeframe?

I'm not 100% sure. I don't think Arc7's really works as being any more solid even if it is a compromise.

In all honesty I would rather an alternative method were used to calculate the Kirin's AP than trying to relying on the KE of the rocks for an unknown distance over this 0.2 second timeframe.

My suggested method for this would be close to KLOL's first method; where the compression calc is used for the volume of the hideout directly hit by the lightning, then violent fragmentation is applied to the remaining volume.

This version would use the least amount of assumptions for it, I just hadn't been motivated enough before to work on it I must confess.

My suggested method for this would be close to KLOL's first method; where the compression calc is used for the volume of the hideout directly hit by the lightning, then violent fragmentation is applied to the remaining volume.

This version would use the least amount of assumptions for it, I just hadn't been motivated enough before to work on it I must confess.
Can't, only fragments left in the manga are the concrete slabs and some hard stone.

So yeah, we're shit out of luck and KE's all we got.

Because the concrete slabs belong to the hideout itself at the top of the mountain?
No, they belong to the mountain itself. There's not enough material in just the building of the hideout itself to account for the fragments of that size.

Here's a view of the mountain from a distance.

Here's the mountain mid-destruction.

Here's the rubble afterwards.

The rubble scattered around are fragements of the mountain itself, not just from the hideout on top.

No, they belong to the mountain itself. There's not enough material in just the building of the hideout itself to account for the fragments of that size.

Here's a view of the mountain from a distance.

Here's the mountain mid-destruction.

Here's the rubble afterwards.

The rubble scattered around are fragements of the mountain itself, not just from the hideout on top.
You got the official colored scans?

Here's the mountain.

Here's the rubble.

Some of the mountain appears to be colored like the concrete, others appear to be colored like the mountain.
That certainly makes the usage of destruction values here problematic, given that in the scan where the mountain is blasted almost none of it is painted concrete.

Either that's a goof up in the coloring, or they're just remnants of the concrete hideout. And majority of the mountain is nowhere in sight at all aside from a few remaining large chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back