• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1) This match is redundant since Kirby already won against Morgoth

2) I'd take what Azathoth said into consideration.

As in, Kirby doesn't deserve that victory or just for the tier change?

Morgoth's staying the same (one of the few characters who is).

The match itself needs to be removed since the primary method of victory seemed to be empathy hax on a being who is evil on what is essentially a conceptual level.

And being evil on what is essentially a conceptual level gives you mindhax resistance equivalent to how many people in LotR?

It means when evil is ingrained into your very concept, it's gonna take more than any amount of regular empathy hax to deal with it. You'd need to alter concepts for that.

Pretty much what Wok said.

It'd require a hell of a lot more than just run-of-the-mill empathy manipulation to make Morgoth not himself, as being "the devil" is kinda connected directly to his timeless, higher self.

It honestly bothers me when non-4-D beings have resistances out of nothing due to its position that are not proven in canon and their profiles don't mention.

But it is part of the canon.

The Valar and Maiar are immortal spirits from beyond the physical universe. Their physical forms are like shells they cloak themselves in.

I feel like due to the amount of characters who can mess with concepts and stuff, this wiki kinda forgets their importance.

A concept is what defines your existence on the most fundamental of levels. An alteration to the concept of something would be pretty much insurmountable by normal methods. Unless we use type 3s, it's pretty much entirely immune to normal outside influence that has not demonstrated the capacity to work on that level. You wouldn't need an explicit feat of resistance for something like that, the hax would need to prove it can work on such a level.

I do agree that profiles should better clarify stuff like that, though.

With all the respect, that's bullsh*t, a 3-C attack that can't affect concepts would destroy his body, so does a 4-A attack with enough power. But hax with feats to work on a considerable high scale needs to demonstrate the capacity to work on a conceptual level? What?

In this case it would because its empathic hax. Since what would be effected by empathic manip is conceptually ingrained, yes. It would. Spatial manip or something random wouldn't, because its not trying to affect his concept.

Morgoth's true essence and mind are higher-dimensional.

His body isn't.

The latter is infinitely easier to affect than the former.

Seems incredibly straightforward, to me.

What I doubt is how his non-higher-dimensional body gets privileges from his true self without feats or statements, this is not always the case. Destroying his body with normal 4-A is ok yet trying to affect it isn't, how? What establishes this resistance?

Because his lower dimensional body is a projection of his true form, which is where his concepts and stuff would be at. Affecting a lower dimensional concept is still out of Kirby's possible reach FRA.

Eficiente said:
With all the respect, that's bullsh*t, a 3-C attack that can't affect concepts would destroy his body, so does a 4-A attack with enough power. But hax with feats to work on a considerable high scale needs to demonstrate the capacity to work on a conceptual level? What?
No it wouldn't?

It would harmlessly pass through him if it couldn't.

"Destroying his body with normal 4-A is ok yet trying to affect it isn't, how?"

Nobody said this.

The specific power Kirby is trying to use on him has nothing to do with his body, which is why it wouldn't work. If he was trying to use spatial manipulation to erase his leg or something, that's different than trying to make Morgoth "friendly", and an unfathomably easier task.

Well, can someone add something to his profile to inform the stuff here that anyone wouldn't get just by reading it?

Schnee One said:
It would harmlessly pass through him if it couldn't.
@Azzy This^ should go next to his Intangibility/Non-Corporeality, as many users were thinking that Non-Physical Interaction was enough to punch to death the guy. And the resistances where the resistances go, all of them he may have.

I'll add something next to the Intangibility, soon.

Not sure on the resistances, since I don't think he'd technically "resist" it if done by someone that could actually affect him (it's just that such a thing is hard to do), but I'll think about how to word it.

Its less a resistance and more like a barrier to entry. While intangibles don't really "resist" everything that lacks NPI, stuff without NPI still can't really do anything to them. Kinda weird situation.

Back