• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby (universe) revisions part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I will revert the changes.

I'd like to add that I strongly think MFTL+ base Kirby can stay.

Kirby has consistently been able to keep up with the Dark Matter race, who could cross several galaxies in a second, as well as Dark Mind, who could keep up with the Warp star when he was injured, and Landia, who could keep up with the Lor Starcutter, even when split up into four mini-dragons. He did this all on foot. That's definitely enough to eliminate the FTL+ lower end.

Also, Mario has a Sub-Relativistic low end because many of his games are drastically different in terms of his portrayal of speed, while Kirby practically has MFTL+ feats around every corner.

Okay. What do you think Azathoth?

To add more justifications to my edits;

Tornado Attack (ÒâêÒâ½ÒâìÒéñÒâëÒéóÒé┐ÒââÒé») and Tornado Slash (þ½£ÕÀ╗µû¼Òéè) are the names given here, which are MK becoming a tornado and MK creating 1 giant tornado respectively and that's different than his Mach Tornado in which he becomes a tornado and creates 2 giant tornadoes. Tornado Attack and Tornado Slash ignore the guard of Kirby (and his helpers with shields and real protections), and Mach Tornado and Galaxia Darkness ignore the guard of Galacta Knight.

The MSS justification of MK is him fighting evenly with someone he never defeated and defeat someone who is only MSS via scaling, adding his other victories made sense. With DDD while has his own feat, given his "he started off as a punching bag character" it seemed appropriate.

I disagree with Dedede's 4-A feat of removing the stars from the sky in Dream Land. We see earlier in that video that the stars are very small, and comparable to Kirby in size.

We see a star not from the sky. Like the ones Kirby spits out. Kirby clearly flies upwards to check, which very likely aren't the same star shaped blocks as earlier.

It's 4-A if he carries all the stars at once.

But if dedede stole all the stars, where did he put them? In his castle? Is there a particular place on the planet where he stores them? If that's the case, then I don't think we should treat them as actual stars, since they'd be much smaller than the planet.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I'd like to add that I strongly think MFTL+ base Kirby can stay.
Kirby has consistently been able to keep up with the Dark Matter race, who could cross several galaxies in a second, as well as Dark Mind, who could keep up with the Warp star when he was injured, and Landia, who could keep up with the Lor Starcutter, even when split up into four mini-dragons. He did this all on foot. That's definitely enough to eliminate the FTL+ lower end.
May you show me a link pls?

ArbitraryNumbers said:
https://giant.gfycat.com/DelightfulSplendidHookersealion.gifThere's the crossing galaxies feat. Note that this is done by regular Dark Matter soldiers.
https://youtu.be/KMjSPEcqaVI?t=7m24s

There's Dark Mind's feat.

https://youtu.be/eAQKUsnw_hw?t=9s

There's Landia keeping up with the Lor Starcutter.
The problem is that's mainly flight speed, not travel speed that involves only running.

These are the only travel speed feats Kirby did:

Fights off several enemies that produce black holes.

Outruns a light-consuming vortex resembling a black hole thrown at him by Magolor.

That's why it needs the "At least FTL movement speed, Massively FTL+ with Warp Star" instead for Kirby's speed description to reclarify it.

Magi RobloxG said:
The problem is that's mainly flight speed, not travel speed that involves only running.
Except it's not, though?

Dark Mind can keep up with Kirby while he's on the Warp Star and fight him at the same time, and while passing tons of stars in the background. And Kirby could keep up with him in combat without the warp star.

Same thing with Landia. It could keep up with the Lor Star Cutter and fight it at the same time, and Kirby defeated Landia. Plus the Dark Matter soldiers were reacting to Ribbon while she was turning and steering, all while moving at intergalactic speeds.

Just because it doesn't involve running doesn't mean it can't be applied to combat/travel speed.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Magi RobloxG said:
Except it's not, though?
Dark Mind can keep up with Kirby while he's on the Warp Star and fight him at the same time, and while passing tons of stars in the background. And Kirby could keep up with him in combat without the warp star.

Same thing with Landia. It could keep up with the Lor Star Cutter and fight it at the same time, and Kirby defeated Landia. Plus the Dark Matter soldiers were reacting to Ribbon while she was turning and steering, all while moving at intergalactic speeds.

Just because it doesn't involve running doesn't mean it can't be applied to combat/travel speed.
How so?

Kirby only used combat & reaction speed in order to fight him.

^ Same as before.

Combat speed? Yes. Travel speed? Not exactly.

I just explained why it's not just flight speed. That was the whole point of my comment; Kirby was able to match and surpass Dark Mind, Dark Matter, and Landia in combat and while on foot. I don't understand why it's suddenly not travel speed just because none of them did their speed feats on foot?

Besides, our Speed ranking system basically measures Combat Speed. If you have MFTL combat speed, you're MFTL.

@Magi RobloxG With the second galaxy I found in the Mirror World you can stay with Kirby being able to run from one to the other in seconds if you are still with doubts.

I think that ArbitraryNumbers seems to make sense.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I just explained why it's not just flight speed. That was the whole point of my comment; Kirby was able to match and surpass Dark Mind, Dark Matter, and Landia in combat and while on foot. I don't understand why it's suddenly not travel speed just because none of them did their speed feats on foot?

Besides, our Speed ranking system basically measures Combat Speed. If you have MFTL combat speed, you're MFTL.
Ok, I see your point and I will rephrase Kirby's speed rating.

Here's my correction: "At least FTL movement speed, Massively FTL+."

@Magi RobloxG You imply that a ridiculously high number of characters have their speed wrong, how many times and in how many threads are you going to insist with this?

Eficiente said:
@Magi RobloxG You imply that a ridiculously high number of characters have their speed wrong, how many times and in how many threads are you going to insist with this?
Never said all of their speed are wrong, only Kirby's speed technically is since it needs a reclarification b/c his movement speed is considered to be "At least FTL" while everything else is MFTL+ & fine the way they are.

I said imply not to say, it's what to do with the justifications for what you gave.

"At least FTL" while everything else is MFTL+ & fine the way they are."

Also, how can Kirby be "FTL" and everyone else being "MFTL+", when most of the verse scales to Kirby, Meta Knight, Lor Starcutter and Dark Matter?

I also think that Kirby should continue to have MFTL+ speed.

Is there anything else left to discuss in this thread, or should we close it?

@Antvasima We didn't discuss if the things I mention should be implemented or not.

Okay. However, I am too tired and overworked, and my attention is too split, to make a judgement call. Perhaps the other staff members here are willing to help out?

@Eficiente You did not read what I said correctly, Kirby's speed rating should be "At least FTL movement, Massively FTL+" due to the lack of travel speed on foot feats.

Doesn't Kirby have that feat of outrunning a wave that was consuming the universe?

The fact that it consumed a universe without taking eons to do so means it was moving extremely fast. Unless for whatever reason its speed varies and was slower when Kirby outran it.

Let's not separate from the main discussions of this thread, please.

Magi RobloxG can do a different one to downgrade Kirby's speed if he wants, he already accepted that in one part of this thread, in my opinion he is insisting too much with that without vary his arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back