• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts Revisions: Third Time's the Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
Yes, I know this was already addressed two times, but I still do not find the conclusions of the threads satisfactory. The ranking of Sora and his friends is contingent on this calculatio. There are a couple problems with this, and the scaling used to move the characters from it into 4-B.

1. The Calculation is Outdated: Probably the biggest one here, but the calculation assumes that all the stars used in the constellation are Sun-like. "But aren't most stars like our Sun?" Short answer: No. Our Sun is large and actually fairly dense compared to the majority of the stars we know of. I went more in depth with this in calculation what the average star would be like, giants, white dwarves, and neutron pulsar stars excluded. If we plug in the found number of stars, 614, and multiply it by my average star GBE, 1.517x10^41 joules, we get a new value of 9.314x10^43 joules. Not quite 1 FOE. In fact, this is pretty far below Large Star level+, falling just in the upper end up Large Star level.

2. Casual Scaling: The original calculation was accepted, and Sora and crew were moved into 4-B, despite the gap between that and the next level being over 5x. This was because Zeus did this feat without much effort, and he is weaker than the main gang. But unless we want to essentially get rid of the "+" symbol entirely for any feat that isn't max power, we should adopt this form of scaling. Until better options arise, it is the best we have to go on, so we assign them the tier of "At least (insert feat level), likely higher."

I would be fine with the tier of "At least High 4-C, likely 4-B", but outright slamming them all into a higher tier for a feat more than 5x below the baseline requirement seems disingenuous.

3. Not Destroyed: GBE assumes that someone is able to destroy something to the point that all gravity of the object is broken, and all pieces are scattered into space, never to be bound together again (unless another body pulls them back together). Zeus didn't do that. He moved them. If I throw a bowling ball, it doesn't mean I can obliterate that bowling ball.

I know that he moved them at FTL speeds, but at this point it is completely unquantifiable. If going by the Celestial Body Feats page, the cast should all be 4-A, as moving multiple solar systems at FTL speeds would be classified as 4-A. While I personally think this is outdated in and of itself, I don't see where they end up as 4-B.

Essentially, it takes yet another assumption, that of assuming Zeus cannot only move the stars, but also destroy them, to assign the cast this ranking. While I do generally think that he could have destroyed them, since this moving feat is casual, it would probably take more effort, and thus make the jump from High 4-C to 4-B even more erroneous.

So? What now? Kingdom Hearts cast either drops from "4-B" to "At least High 4-C" or "At least High 4-C, likely higher".

TLDR: Calc is incorrect in assumptions, jump in tiers too great to be accomplished without some serious jumps in power of the characters, and even then it is dodgy. Bring them down to the guaranteed level and let the "high" or "at least" add-ons to their job.

I'm just going to repost what I wrote on the other thread:

Zeus isn't even the main feat.

The main scaling comes through Kingdom Hearts itself, which is the source of the Hearts of every world and thus their creation.

There are clearly as many of these worlds and stars as there are natural stars in the night sky.

And every star in the night sky is another world.

Both Xemnas and Vanitas were able to access a fraction of this power with an artificial Kingdom Hearts and the ¤ç-blade respectively. Xemnas was defeated by the combined might of Sora and Riku. Vanitas was stalemated by the combined strength of Aqua and King Mickey.

These guys scale to literally EVERYONE RELEVANT.

Zeus is only backing this up.

Note: Worlds include their own suns.

@Repp

1. If Zeus isn't the main feat, he shouldn't be listed on the front of Sora's reasoning for being 4-B.

2. As in every world as described by Sora's cutscene, being each star in the night sky? That's around 2,000. If that is the case, a more descriptive calc needs to be done. Even at 2,000 stars, that is still around 3 FOE given my average star. If it is every star into the universe, that would be clean into 4-A by a LOT.

Edit: According to its profile, the version used by Xemnas restored "hundreds of worlds" and then only scaled to Zeus for it's 4-B rating. So unless that profile is wrong, I don't think this is good evidence.

3. A fraction? As in how much? This is still speculative percentage based, and is the same reason we denied scaling Darth Vader to Darth Sidious. Even a tiny fraction of 4-B is far higher than High 6-A, yet we put our foot down to this kind of scaling. Why would we make an exception here outside of favoritism?

@Assaltwaffle

I don't mind revising that when I have time.

Kingdom Hearts is responsible for every world in existence sans artificially created ones like the World that Never Was (which aren't numerous at all). So yeah, probably everything in the verse.

Terra outright says there's "like a million lanterns shining down on us".

I don't understand how this is favoritism when Xemnas outright merges with an artifically made Kingdom Hearts. It was created with the countless hearts scavenged by Keyblade Wielders and is comparable in size to the sought after Kingdom Hearts summoned during the Keyblade War. Sora and Riku beat him in the end.

Zeus is a supplement, not the rule.

@Repp

Then the Kingdom Hearts (World) page also needs revising, since your statements seem to imply everything in the universe.

Is this artificial heart as powerful as the true, universe-controlling heart? It seems like the one Xemnas sought after was far weaker, only restoring "hundreds of worlds." Merging with something capable of creating hundreds of stars and planets isn't 4-B.

Honestly from what I am seeing here it is 4-A or bust. There is no reason they land in 4-B; either they should probably drop to High 4-C or go to 4-A outright.

@Assalt

I'd rather have Ever on here because he has more of the specifics than I do.

Though personally I'm leaning towards the 4-A end of the scale.

Alright. I'll wait for him to reply.

Basically 4-A hinges on 3 things, imo.

1. The heart Xemnas wanted to replicate is as powerful as the true heart.

2. The true heart sustains all stars in the universe.

3. The artificial heart is as powerful as the true heart.

If we get evidence supporting those 3 conditions, I am fine with 4-A Kingdom Hearts. Also I'm changing the title from "downgrades" to "revisions," since this seems like it needs to change, but could go either way.

As of now I'm going to sleep. Goodnight y'all.

I will come back later when we have the chance, but no matter what, I think this should be highlighted.

This effects literally the entire verse.

Assaltwaffle said:
Alright. I'll wait for him to reply.

Basically 4-A hinges on 3 things, imo.

1. The heart Xemnas wanted to replicate is as powerful as the true heart.

2. The true heart sustains all stars in the universe.

3. The artificial heart is as powerful as the true heart.
1. I dont recall either KH was complete. The most complete KH we have seen was probably in BBS. Even in 2, they stated it was incomplete. I might be missing something here, could totally wrong.

2. Yes, that sounds about right.

3. Ehh....debatable? But occams razor does lean favorably. But this kind of goes back with 1. I only say debatable because both were made with different methods.

In 2, it was made by the hearts released by Roxas and Sora. In BBS, with Xehanort, he used Ventus power iirc to create the x-blade, which opened Kingdom Hearts.Right here and here are a good place to start

I might be forgetting something, but I think there is more in favor of it being against then for.

Although I will accept either one by the end of the day, 4-B does not sit right.

That was the X-Blade that was "Incomplete" . Vanitas outright says it in the cutscene before his final battle with Ventus . The KH in BBS was the original Kingdom Hearts. The X-Blade should be comparable to the original one, which had control over the true Kingdom Hearts. So both Vanitas & Ventus would receive 4-B/4-A just via that alone .

Honestly, I'm not particularly leaning either way and for now don't have much time to elaborate.

"This is still speculative percentage based, and is the same reason we denied scaling Darth Vader to Darth Sidious"

That wasn't technically the reason. It was because Vader was constantly shown as being far weaker than what the "80%" thing implied, along with Lucas stating it was his own opinion and in a way that was referring to Vader's potential, since he said Anakin had twice the potential of Sidious. Just clearing things up.

Wait I thought there were only 3 versions of Kingdom Hearts?

The Heart Of All Worlds(The Door to Darkness) created by using the hearts of worlds

The Heart of All Men(The one Xemnas was using) created by slaying Heartless

And The True Kingdom Hearts(The one we see in BBS and in Union Cross shaped like a Heart Moon) which seemingly can only be summoned via Lux or the X-Blade

@Seed We only know that after the incomplete X-Blade was created Vanitas began stomping Mickey and Aqua and stalemating Ventus, Im not sure if it was said that it was comparable to the actual Kingdom Hearts

The one in BBS is a different one altogether, though what it represents is unknown. Though I believe it is the Heart of all Worlds, the Door to Darkness just leads to it.

With the x blade, iirc Vanitas stated he can open a door to all worlds and start a keyblade war. I honestly believe that the KH in BBS was probably the most complete. Yes, even more complete then Xemnas KH, even though he has more feats. I am not opposed to 4-A KH (Sora vs GeOM when) But more likely then not, they are High 4-C for now.

I think it is probably best just to change them to At Least High 4-C for now. But if ever can provide evidence of 4-A, I will not be against it lol

Ah, my mistake the Blue one IS the Heart of All Worlds and the DtD doesjust leads to it.

Which just opens more questions

Can the X-Blade summon both incarnations or just the HoAWs(I mean the incomplete version seems to be able to summon one just fine), then again Xemnas' KH was artificial compared to the other one

Well I wasn't actually referring to 80%. Someone brought up that even if Vader was only a small fraction of Sidious, say, 1%, he would still be far higher than High 6-A. Heck he could be 1 TRILLIONTH of a percent of Sidious and he would still be 5-C.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm leaning towards "At least High 4-C", for right now. But that's just me.
Can I get a highlight regarding this?

This effects literally everyone in verse.

Also, a discussion centered around KH in both games with more users is probably needed.

So basically, gonna to assume that most characters are going to be At Least High 4-C.

The calc is based on the above post.

Xemnas fused with KH, Vanitas with X-Blade, Mickey and Aqua will become 'At Least High 4-C, likely Higher'

This is based on two fold of logic

One, Xemnas fused with KH and gained enormous power, requiring the efforts of both Sora and Riku to defeat.

Two. Both theKH and the X-Blade were 'incomplete' and thus not comparable to the 4-A KH.

Xehanort himself stated it was a failure.

Basically, just to spitball a tier list.

Sora, Riku, Organization 13 Members (Minus Xemnas and maybe a few others), Terra, Ventus and Vanitas = 'At Least High 4-C', as they are superior to Zeus. Base Vanitas and almost all disney villains (if not all)

Fused Xemnas, Aqua, Mickey, Vanitas with X-Blade, Xehanort = "At Least High 4-C, likely higher."

Xemnas because he is superior to Sora and Riku individually and fused with an incomplete KH. Aqua defeated Terranort, which is Xehanort but with Terra's younger body, Vanitas with the x-blade because of similar reasoning. Mickey should scale to Xehanort as a keyblade master.

Riku can have another base key after his trials with the same reasoning as Mickey. I doubt Riku isnt much, if any weaker then most masters.

Same with Sora, he scales to riku, but he should probably get another key. (pun partly intended.)

I am also fine with "At least High 4-C".

Im fine with "At least High 4-C, possibly 4-B" for twilight Xemnas, Aqua, and Ventus-Vanitas with the blade. The rest "At least High 4-C".

Why should they be rated higher?

Twilight Xemnas is Xemnas fused with an incomplete Kingdom Hearts. Xemnas in base is already >>>> Zeus. If you add the power boost, assuming he is 5 times the feat is possible.

Ventus-Vanitas has a X-blade, which is a huge boost over his base (which is already > Zeus). Aqua fought this guy one on one (albeit she couldnt win by herself, but she still could fight evenly).

Antvasima said:
I honestly think we shouldnt just assume fancy, random multipliers and just give them 'Possibly 4-A'

It already has a basis in lore.

That said, I wont oppose either one.

Shouldn't this apply to Ventus as too? He was able to fight and defeat Vanitas with the incomplete X-Blade as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back