• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kingdom Hearts: Keyblade = Magic Resistance?

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Why does the Keyblade grant Resistance against Magic? Sora's page say that it holds magical spells at bay but doesn't really elaborate on it. The page for the Keyblade itself says that it protects against Magic-based Time Stop.

Then that should be clarified. Resistance against Magic should be removed and the bracket for Resistance against Time Stop should clarify that the Keyblade grants additional protection against Magic-based Time Stop.

I think I should wait with that until some of the other threads are concluded.

TBH I agree, there's a ton of discussion right now, so doing everything now would only result in a mess.

Okay, we'll simply wait and continue this another time.

Make sure to use your profile page to track this sort of stuff, considering KH is popular in matches out of it being somewha broken, this thread has to be watched out just in case.

Oh yeah, I should also tell you, there's this "bump" (Bring Up My Post) thing on the wiki, once about 24 hours have passed, you can reply to the thread with something like "Bump" to get it back on activity and remind others about it.

I'm already tracking it on my profile. I have also already seen these "bumps" even if I didn't know exactly what they mean. Thanks for the explanation.

I think the general resistance to magic for the Keyblade comes from the fact that the blade can block basically any magical attack without having to use a spell like Reflect. Being able to take on pretty much every single spell the enemies use as well as things like Xehanort's magic beams supports this

Isn't that more along the lines of Non-Physical Interaction?

Technically no. By this site's definition, magic is "the ability to allow manipulating aspects of reality (or all of them), bypassing the known laws of physics," while NPI is "the power to interact with intangible or non-corporeal beings." The keyword seems to be "beings"

Okay, would Magic Resistance include the Magic-based Time Stop Resistance?

Sorvoe551 said:
I think the general resistance to magic for the Keyblade comes from the fact that the blade can block basically any magical attack without having to use a spell like Reflect. Being able to take on pretty much every single spell the enemies use as well as things like Xehanort's magic beams supports this
The general Resistance to Magic might still need some discussing. Aside from that every Keyblade Wielder has Resistance against Time Stop Magic through the Keyblade.

General Magic resistance is rare, in this case it's explicitly stated that it was the time stop magic that it blocked, rather than that it can block any kind of magic whatsoever, which normally falls as a NLF anyways.

Meaning that it would only be a time stop by magic resistance in particular.

Bobsican said:
General Magic resistance is rare, in this case it's explicitly stated that it was the time stop magic that it blocked, rather than that it can block any kind of magic whatsoever, which normally falls as a NLF anyways.

Meaning that it would only be a time stop by magic resistance in particular.
Should I edit the pages that this would apply to or should I wait for staff input?

It isn't. Sora has on his page a general Resistance against Magic with the Keyblade as justification and Kairi has on her page a Resistance against Time Manipulation and Magic without explanation. In addition to that none of the Keyblade Wielders pages specify that the protection is specifically against Magic-based Time-Stop.

Feel free to do so.

This is minor enought and shouldn't be controversial as it's already something accepted before even this thread.

Back