• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King vs Oden

Nice joke. King is commander level and his daddy Kaido is scared of Oden.
"Commander level" doesn't mean anything. Katakuri was "commander level", Jack was "commander level", so is Benn Beckman.
Not really. You're the one who started making headcanons.
Nah, the fact Roger wasn't going all out is kind of the default statement, since there's no proof to the positive.
Why wouldn't he?
To make the fight fun.
Except he didn't even manage to do that.
I mean, he Karate Kidded him through like a quarter mile of trees.

You're the one who puts Shiki above Roger and put Post God Valley Incident Garp above Roger.🤷‍♂️
Shiki >= Roger, since his fleet was crushing Roger's until he got a steering wheel in his brain holes.
He literally didn't. Shanks and his crew only stopped Kaido and King. They never fought.
I mean, how else would they stop them?
Another headcanon.
There's no proof Shiki was in his prime back then.
Your question makes no sense.
I mean, you're like "Hell yeah, Oden went to hell and killed everyone in there, he can never lose!"

"Commander level" doesn't mean anything. Katakuri was "commander level", Jack was "commander level", so is Benn Beckman
They're below the admirals and Yonkos.
Nah, the fact Roger wasn't going all out is kind of the default statement, since there's no proof to the positive
Except that you're the one who came with the "Roger wasn't going all out" so you're the one who started making headcanons.
To make the fight fun.
Ig.
I mean, he Karate Kidded him through like a quarter mile of trees.
Kaido oneshotted Luffy and after 2 weeks of training, Luffy was able to fight him evenly.
Roger hit Oden with a haki imbued, named attack, and Oden immediately got back up with minor injuries. A year later, Oden returned to Wano many times stronger, invincible, and was compared to Roger and Whitebeard.

Big deal.

Shiki >= Roger, since his fleet was crushing Roger's until he got a steering wheel in his brain holes
Wasn't Roger sick at that point?
I mean, how else would they stop them?
We don't know. But the fact that Kaido said that he doesn't remember the last time someone was able to go toe to toe with him indicates that there ain't no way he fought Shanks back then. Also, Shanks appeared in Marineford without any injuries.
There's no proof Shiki was in his prime back then
When is "back then"?
I mean, you're like "Hell yeah, Oden went to hell and killed everyone in there, he can never lose!"
I was never like that.

They're below the admirals and Yonkos.
Benn Beckman, Marco, King,
Except that you're the one who came with the "Roger wasn't going all out" so you're the one who started making headcanons.
"Wasn't" implies it isn't the positive claim.
Ig.

Kaido oneshotted Luffy and after 2 weeks of training, Luffy was able to fight him evenly.
Roger hit Oden with a haki imbued, named attack, and Oden immediately got back up with minor injuries. A year later, Oden returned many times stronger and was compared to Roger and Whitebeard.

Big deal.
Being compared to someone doesn't make you equal. I mean, this still doesn't mean he can break that sweet, sweet fire.

Wasn't Roger sick at that point?
Less than he was when he fought Whitebeard.
We don't know. But the fact that Kaido said that he doesn't remember the last time someone was able to go toe to toe with him indicates that there ain't no way he fought Shanks back then. Also, Shanks appeared in Marineford without any injuries.
Shanks is just that guy.
When is "back then"?
God Valley
I was never like that.
Well, you acting like he's some kinda Pirate King.

Benn Beckman, Marco, King,
Ben: Maybe.
Marco: Yes.
King: No.
"Wasn't" implies it isn't the positive claim.
Alright but you came with the claim to begin with, so I don't understand what your point is.
Being compared to someone doesn't make you equal
Being compared to someone, being said to be "just like them", and being put on the same caliber as them, means exactly just that.
I mean, this still doesn't mean he can break that sweet, sweet fire.
If YOU say so.

Because if he can't, nobody can.

Ben: Maybe.
Kizaru was afraid of him.
Marco: Yes.
King: No.

Alright but you came with the claim to begin with, so I don't understand what your point is.
You said he was Roger-tier first.
Being compared to someone, being said to be "just like them", and being put on the same caliber as them, means exactly just that.
"Just like" doesn't mean that, no.
If YOU say so.

Because if he can't, nobody can.
Guys who have anti-fire techniques can. Akainu, Kinemon, Zoro, Ace, Sabo, etc.

Kizaru was afraid of him
Kizaru was trolling. He acted scared and then continued attacking Law's submarine while Ben was watching him, doing nothing to stop him.
You said he was Roger-tier first
The story said that too.
"Just like" doesn't mean that, no
It does mean that.
Guys who have anti-fire techniques can. Akainu, Kinemon, Zoro, Ace, Sabo, etc.
So no top tier, right?

Shiki >= Whitebeard
Based on what?
All right, but remember, he was gonna fight Sickbeard's crew anyway
And?
If he's as old as Whitebeard or older, then he was 100% in his prime back then.
He ain't that guy.
Cope.
its-been-years-of-non-stop-oden-slander-till-now-kaido-v0-dboyro9z1jma1.jpg

n0dew5ebrhv51.jpg

a9842a7dd7374acfd3d5963031612a9c06551d34r1-707-452v2_hq.jpg

Roger hit Oden with a haki imbued, named attack, and Oden immediately got back up with minor injuries. A year later, Oden returned to Wano many times stronger, invincible, and was compared to Roger and Whitebeard.

Big deal.
Roger wasn't even trying to kill Oden with that, and all Oden did was beat a weaker version of Kaidou.
That doesn't compare to Zoro and Luffy wounding Kaidou and failing to do anything to King.
King > Oden.
Dude tanked and countered:
Multiple attacks from Zoro
Multiple attacks from Marco
A DJ from Sanji ( through the Seraphim which should have his level of durability somewhat )

1.Roger and Garp were 39-40 during the God Valley Incident. This was Roger's peak, as he wasn't sick back then. Garp became the Hero of the Marines after he and Roger defeated the Rocks crew.
2.Whitebeard hit his prime 2 years after the God Valley Incident, at the age of 38.
3.Shanks is currently 39.
4.Teach is currently 40.
5.Oden was 39 when he fought Kaido.
Etc.
You cant say someone is in their prime bc only based of age. Prime is when someone is in his strongest version. Not based of age

Because she's better than Oden.
Stop right there🙈

Thats 🧢

Btw y'all should stop underestimating Oden like that and overestimate King's powers so much. Blud was dumb to go flame off while he could have outlasted Zoro if he stayed in his Flame on mode like the Seraphim are doing rn vs Luffy & Lucci and etc. Imo it was a dumb option to turn his flames off instead of staying in his flame on mode to just outlast Zoro and beat him via better stamina but hey we all know this hapoened for plot reasons since it is a shounen and Zoro should have won either way

Last edited:
Stop right there🙈

Thats 🧢

Btw y'all should stop underestimating Oden like that and overestimate King's powers so much. Blud was dumb to go flame off while he could have outlasted Zoro if he stayed in his Flame on mode like the Seraphim are doing rn vs Luffy & Lucci and etc. Imo it was a dumb option to turn his flames off instead of staying in his flame on mode to just outlast Zoro and beat him via better stamina but hey we all know this hapoened for plot reasons since it is a shounen and Zoro should have won either way
I've always disagreed with the notion that King turned his flames off at the end because he suddenly became dumb. King himself knew that Zoro was dangerous to him whether his flames were on or off, which was why he responded to Zoro's taunt about him being afraid of what he can do by turning his flames off to increase speed and put some space between them. The panel of Zoro overwhelming King and King actively blocking him literally exists to show that his AP had grown to the point that it was a threat to King even while he was in Defense mode, so people still saying Zoro would've never beaten him if King had just kept his flames on and stalled is real funny to me. There's also the panel of Flame-On King dodging Zoro's KOH Purgatory Onigiri instead of trying to tank it.

Stop right there🙈

Thats 🧢

Btw y'all should stop underestimating Oden like that and overestimate King's powers so much. Blud was dumb to go flame off while he could have outlasted Zoro if he stayed in his Flame on mode like the Seraphim are doing rn vs Luffy & Lucci and etc. Imo it was a dumb option to turn his flames off
Zoro can cut flames, Oden can't.

And Oden hasn't shown the intelligence Zoro used to exploit King's weakness.

And KoH style Zoro's AP > Enma 100% Unleashed Zoro's AP = Oden w/ Buso's AP

Before Zoro cut King a second time, he didn't think an unleashed Enma would cut flame-on King.

And King has his Explosion and Imperial Pride Stake.

And Oden hasn't shown the intelligence Zoro used to exploit King's weakness.
Wait, if Oden could kill Kaidou, how would threatening civillians even work. Like, who's gonna kill them, Orochi? His crew? Who's going back and giving them the order to?

Wait, if Oden could kill Kaidou, how would threatening civillians even work. Like, who's gonna kill them, Orochi? His crew? Who's going back and giving them the order to?
I mean, he could probably kill a few hundred civilians before Oden cut him down, and Oden killing Kaido wasn't a guarantee, Kaido just made himself a massive target.

If he'd had his Hybrid form back then which has all his Zoan power but none of the size, Oden would've had a much smaller chance of scarring him.

I mean, he could probably kill a few hundred civilians before Oden cut him down, and Oden killing Kaido wasn't a guarantee, Kaido just made himself a massive target.
I suppose, but weren't they pretty far off?
If he'd had his Hybrid form back then which has all his Zoan power but none of the size, Oden would've had a much smaller chance of scarring him.
Or winning.

I've always disagreed with the notion that King turned his flames off at the end because he suddenly became dumb. King himself knew that Zoro was dangerous to him whether his flames were on or off, which was why he responded to Zoro's taunt about him being afraid of what he can do by turning his flames off to increase speed and put some space between them. The panel of Zoro overwhelming King and King actively blocking him literally exists to show that his AP had grown to the point that it was a threat to King even while he was in Defense mode, so people still saying Zoro would've never beaten him if King had just kept his flames on and stalled is real funny to me. There's also the panel of Flame-On King dodging Zoro's KOH Purgatory Onigiri instead of trying to tank it.
Wait where was King shown fearing Zoro could damage his Flame On mode?

Wait where was King shown fearing Zoro could damage his Flame On mode?
When Zoro was pushing him back and Zoro taunted him by pointing out that King was opting to block his attacks rather than tank them.

But what's weird is that earlier, when King dodged a KoH attack, Zoro said "His flame is on, no point in trying to hurt him".

When Zoro was pushing him back and Zoro taunted him by pointing out that King was opting to block his attacks rather than tank them.

But what's weird is that earlier, when King dodged a KoH attack, Zoro said "His flame is on, no point in trying to hurt him".
Ye so Zoro couldnt damage Flame On King thats just hypothetical

No, it's just that he wasn't certain he could harm him, but King him self believed Zoro could hurt him and even jumped away from him when he used his final attack.

Zoro was talking shit. He literally said in his internal monologue that he can't harm Flame On King.
It's either Zoro just didn't realize how strong his attacks had become or his AP grew to the point he could harm Flame On King after he made that comment. But that blocking scene, plus King blatantly putting space between them rather than continue confronting him in close combat heavily implies that Zoro could harm him with his flames on.

It's either Zoro just didn't realize how strong his attacks had become or his AP grew to the point he could harm Flame On King after he made that comment. But that blocking scene, plus King blatantly putting space between them rather than continue confronting him in close combat heavily implies that Zoro could harm him with his flames on.
Yes. Because flames do not matter to guys that can cut flames. Oden cannot cut flames.

Back