• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Piccolo vs Mega Beedrill

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Would explosions, especially Piccolo's explosive wave, count as fire based attacks?
I think that they count as Fighting type because of ki

Shoot, not the ki is fighting type argument again. I'm out.

In all seriousness, M Beedrill takes this due to his variety of abilities.

Well then. If Beedrill does resist King Piccolo's martial arts &/or ki, it would in fact have a 4x resistance. DKP may have a slight edge via his AP & Dura being City Level+ to Mega Beedrill's "At Least City Level", but he still has trouble.

There are some questions to consider:

1. Both can fly, but who's the more skilled flier? Who's better at turning, watching their surroundings, & attacking a foe that can come from behind, the side, above, below, diagonally, & so on & so forth?

2. DKP can "spit out eggs that will hatch into mutated namekians". I don't remember the exact details of DB, but I recall DKP being... not in the best of health when he did this. So I'm unsure. Could egg-shooting be a viable means of offense? How soon are his offspring ready to fight? Could they be effective soon enough after hatching to be relevant here?

(I will LAUGH if Yoshi tactics turn out to be what The Great Demon King Piccolo needs to use to beat a glorified giant bee.)

3. Can DKP's Regneration, Longevitiy or Chi Manipulation give him any help in dealing with Poison, if he ends up Poisoned?

4, How good is his Telekinesis? If this registers as a Psychic attack -& thus, Super-Effective- to Mega Beedrill-, & DKP realizes it's a MUCH better offense against this giant bug threatening his rule than his martial arts & ki, he might want to use it a lot more. But is it good enough? At the very least, it may help deal with Beedrill's flight.

5. Is this old or young DKP? Are there enough meaningful differences between the 2 to make this worth considering here?

With his size manipulation & stretching, he may also be able to get in some easier hits, too.

Still, Beedrill's hax may give DKP difficulty. Harden, if MB has it, amps durability. Rage can increase Beedrill's AP when damaged while using it. It can also use Focus Energy to get a better chance at a "critical hit". Presumably, hitting one of DKP's weak points, especially given the Japanese version's message supposedly references hitting a "pressure point".

Focus Energy gets scarier if Mega Beedrill has regular Beedrill's ability Sniper too, which makes Critical Hits hit even harder.

There's obviously the Poison, too.

Aside from Poison, a big problem for DKP, is if Beedrill has the smarts to scatter Toxic Spikes it would limit how much DKP could land to rest, without getting poisoned, forcing him to use more ki flying.

Assurance deals more damage if DKP takes damage before it hits, which Poison can support, & perhaps Beedrill's only ranged attack, Venoshock, doubles in power against Poisoned foes. Venoshock is already powered up by MB's Adaptability, too! Still, one would think DKP will be ready to dodge any liquid the giant bee spews.

Swarm, if MB has it, sort of matters; It'll make Twineedle hit harder -which can Poison- & Fell Stinger, too, for all that that's worth.

With his ki resisted & potentially his martial arts, too, what this comes down to is a battle of skill & smarts.

DKP might have an advantage in AP/Dura, but he needs to fight at his best in flight. He may also need to realize the utility of his telekinesis; Both as an offense that may hit MB hardest of all here, & as a way of combatting his flying opponent.

The possible utility of his egg shooting -as an offense- & how his spawn could help if they hatch fast enough & strong enough should also be considered.

He also needs to avoid poison, or hope his Regen, Longevity, or maybe Chi Manipulation can help fight it if he does get Poisoned.

If he doesn't get his tactics straight, he may also be able to fall back on his Regenerationn, too, so long as his stamina holds out.

Meanwhile, Mega Beedrill, if it also gets Sniper, benefits a lot from Focus Energy. If it has Harden, that helps, as does Rage, but they may not protect it against Ki or telekinesis.

If it's smart enough to limit DKP's ground combat with Toxic Spikes that helps, too. Comboing Assurance with Poison, & Venoshock too, is important. And with Adaptability & Venoshock being possibly its only ranged attack, Beedrill has to make good use of this.

Honestly? I'm not sure. The match comes down to fighting in flight skill, smarts, & if DKP's stamina & telekinesis are good enough, which I'm not too knowledgeable about.

Beedrill's stat amping could give it an edge, but does little to protect it against ki or TK immobilizing & damaging it. Regenerationn fights Poison, crits are almost a luck factor -who knows when a vital point will be hit, & why?- & a lot of MB's fighting is aided by poison.

There's also the question of if egg-shooting is a viable offense here, & if DKP's spawn could aid in the fight, offensively, defensively, or as a distraction.

I'm sorry for all the words, but I don't think I know this well enough to vote more than "inconclusive".

Back