• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Crimson erasing space-time and what it means for Gold Experience Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Before I make any claims about GER, I would first like to show definitive proof that King Crimson does indeed erase space-time

The evidence for KC erasing time is rather explanatory, it says so on its stand descriptio. So thats sorted.

You may be thinking to yourselves " Oh where is the proof of KC being able to erase space then? It only says time on the description!" well I have proof for it erasing space too. Take a look at the time manipulation page. It states the following " time exists within space so by altering time you are also altering space." this would mean that KC erasing space would also theoretically erase space too. However this is not the only evidence I have regarding the matter. Take a look at this sca Diavolo clearly states that within the duration of his abiltity " The world disappears! " which means not only time is gone but space too debris surrounding Diavolo also collapses into void when this ability is used. The scope of this erasure is universal which you can check on his profile. You can also see this thread for further points on the matter

Now what would this mean for Gold Experience Requiem? Well it would mean that GER has immeasurable speed according to this statement because it managed to move within a universe where time/space no longer existed.

Also Superpower Wiki has GER listed as a " spatial-temporal lock " user. So I doubt I am the only one who thinks the same here

On a seperate note the definition of one truly becoming immaesurable is somewhat confusing and I hope this topic can clear that up.

Seems legitimate. Visual effects isn't very good proof nor is the " affect time effect space" logia as time does not exist in space. It is its own separate dimension but the quote satisfies me.

i'm not convinced that erasing time equals erasing all of space, (they may overlap but they aren't one in the same, right?)

that Diavolo quote also seems vague to me, and he specifically only mentions time, nothing about space.

I'm interested in other thoughts regarding this though.

You probably know that we checked with DarkLK, and that he stated that GER's speed is infinite, not immeasurable.

LordAizenSama said:
i'm not convinced that erasing time equals erasing all of space, (they may overlap but they aren't one in the same, right?)
that Diavolo quote also seems vague to me, and he specifically only mentions time, nothing about space.

I'm interested in other thoughts regarding this though.

The whole quote is this " Even though I can only jump for 0.5 seconds now. But in that time everything in this world disappears!"

Well Diavolo clearly mentions that he can activate his time erasing ability for only 0.5 seconds and he also states that within this duration everything in the world also disappears too, which includes space. And when you count in the visuals of the void too it becomes more evident.

Also, he stated to me, within the same thread that you quoted from, that somebody with immeasurable speed should encompass many temporal possibilities at once.

Perhaps it would be best if I ask him about this again.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
The whole quote is this " Even though I can only jump for 0.5 seconds now. But in that time everything in this world disappears!"

Well Diavolo clearly mentions that he can activate his time erasing ability for only 0.5 seconds and he also states that within this duration everything in the world also disappears too, which includes space. And when you count in the visuals of the void too it becomes more evident.
"everything in the world" is extremely vague, does he ever specifically mention space? can you prove he also includes space in this? because only time is mentioned, and that is rather suspicious to me.

as for the void, I don't think that is solid enough to give a upgrade based on the above,either.

"Everything in the world" is proof enough to know that space too is being erased, there is nothing vague about it. If it only erased time he would never of mentioned that sentance.

Well, again, DarkLK has already given an explicit answer about this, and I think that there is a rule against debating this issue because of it.

Still, I am curious about where specifically that the "immeasurable" rating begins (in order to rate characters in general), so I have asked him for input.

@amm No, it really isn't. it is literally the definition of vague. If he mentions time, you would assume he would mention space in the same breath, if it was really everything in the world why would he even note that time specifically was erased?

@Ant ok, so should we just postpone the topic until DarkLK can give us his thoughts?

Antvasima said:
Well, again, DarkLK has already given an explicit answer about this, and I think that there is a rule against debating this issue because of it.
Still, I am curious about where specifically that the "immeasurable" rating begins (in order to rate characters in general), so I have asked him for input.

I just find it odd that GER is infinite when he qualifies for a Immeasurable rating.

Well technically space isn't in the world, as the world itself is a space-time continuum. It's more likely he's referring to the physical matter being destroyed but considering as this would still be referring to "3-Dimensional power" I think it should be fine.

He is able to move when linear time stands still/does not pass/is erased. That means infinite speed.

@Aizen I think that we should wait for DarkLK, yes.

Antvasima said:
He is able to move when linear time stands still/does not pass/is erased. That means infinite speed.
I say GER qualifies for immeasurable because it is not bound by space/time which is enough for Immeasurable seeing as how Arcues got the upgrade on that basis.

But yeah I will wait for further input from DarkLK.

Since the other thread got closed I was unable to ask just one more question. If I appear to be stubborn or a pest in general then please excuse me. "Most likely yes, if we are talking about the full transcendence to the continuum.

Probably not, if we are talking about some manipulations within the continuum. "

This was the response DarkLK gave me regarding moving in erased space/time.

Alright, I am just slightly unsure of the differences between manipulations to the continuum and a transcendence to the whole thing.

If manipulations within it mean erasing space/time in certain parts of it like a galaxy etc then that was not King Crimson done. It erased time/space throughout the universe. And if this erasing space/time throughout the universe means that it is a full transcendence then GER should definately fit this category.

If my assumptions are wrong and have already been dealt with in the thread I wont mind if someone copy/pastes me the answer and then proceeds to block the thread.

I personally consider the KC ability is form of causality manipulation. It is simply removes all events and phenomena that occur within a certain period of time. It is something like a causality vacuum but not a complete transcendence to the continuum.
~ DarkLK​
Continuum is space and time. The effect only occurs in locally limited time (as in not in over all past and all the future, but just over a certain time period). So all in all it is just some manipulation inside the continuum.

I think that is the answer he gave you to your question, but I don't know anything about Jojo, so ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬». Don't ask me.

Ahhhh I seeee. Crimson erasing space/time in a certain time period does make sense. You don't really need to know anything about JoJo. The question is just if someone is Immeasurable if they move in a universe which no longer has space/time.

So first of all King Crimson doesn't just erase time from the space time continuum but specific time of history itself. Why u ask ? Because the fact when a cat is going through Giorno while he was sitting down, the cats own history of it walking through Giorno was erased hence it is not what people think about erasing just time from the universe. This is the conventional upgrade for Diavolo to be Universal+ and extend to a timeline where the perspective of Epitaph is to see future and whenever he sees fit he'll use King Crimson to erase the remaining action and leading the history to where the action that he wants to see is already there.

This is a far too old discussion to resume at this point.

I will close it, but you can start a new content revision thread if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back