• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Boo Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
According to King Boo's profile, we treat the white dots in the background of the realms created by him as actual stars. Here's a video where he can be seen creating a dimension and if you look closely, shiny dots can be seen in the background.

From the Creation Feats page:
The first obvious requirement is that it must be certain that an actual creation feat took place. If, for example, stars appear to have been created it must be certain that those aren't just minor light sources looking similar.

1. I checked through the previous threads and did not find any evidence that suggested they are real stars. "But they are dots in a black background so they automatically mean stars" is not an argument that can be used here since we can see that the dimension does not resemble real life outer space. The entire space seems warped and distorted with weird pink swirls and dark blue clouds all across the dimension. If it's not like actual outer space, we have no reason to assume the dots are actual stars. They seem to be part of the aesthetic. With that and the standards in mind, we'd need some good reason to assume they are actual stars.

2. Here, here, here, here and in the entire video, we see that the whole background (along with the shiny dots and dark blue cloud looking things) is continuously in rotational motion (you'll need max brightness to see the dots). If you look closely, you'll see the sparkly dots move exactly in conjunction with the dark blue clouds, owing to the fact that they are part of the same background and the "stars" are not lightyears in the back. I don't need to explain that actual stars in outer space don't appear to be in rotational motion at such MFTL+ speeds to an observer. Which adds to the first point of why we shouldn't assume the background as literal balls of fire in a space.

From the above two points, it should be clear that it takes far more assumption to say that King Boo created a realm that does not look like actual space but houses actual stars that he always keeps in a continuous rotational motion at MFTL+ speeds only to fight Luigi on a stage which is smaller than a tennis court. The obvious solution here, supported by Occam's razor, is that it's just a cool looking moving background.

I propose that this be treated as invalid, and should not be used to support any 4-A level creation. Its mention should be removed from King Boo's page.

As for King Boo's Low 2-C rating, it is based on this. The context seems to be that King Boo creates a portal which releases large hoard of ghosts and increase the paranormality. Once the paranormal readings go above a certain limit, it threatens to destroy the dimension by collapsing on itself.

There seems to be some confusion regarding this, so I'll ask here. What is the term "our dimension" referring to here? It's very odd to call our universe as "dimension". Does it mean something else?

Secondly, if it means the universe, the collapse due to increasing paranormality and instability implies an overtime/chain reaction destruction, not a one-shot. Moreover, King Boo doesn't have enough power to one shot a universe by himself, his only feat here is making a portal which initializes the process. As such, the Low 2-C rating should probably be removed from his profile as it is very misleading.

Last edited:
According to King Boo's profile, we treat the white dots in the background of the realms created by him as actual stars. Here's a video where he can be seen creating a dimension and if you look closely, shiny dots can be seen in the background.

1. I checked through the previous threads and did not find any evidence that suggested they are real stars. "But they are dots in a black background so they automatically mean stars" is not an argument that can be used here since we can see that the dimension does not resemble real life outer space. The entire space seems warped and distorted with weird pink swirls and dark blue clouds all across the dimension. If it's not like actual outer space, we have no reason to assume the dots are actual stars. They seem to be part of the aesthetic. With that and the standards in mind, we'd need some good reason to assume they are actual stars.

2. Here, here, here, here and in the entire video, we see that the whole background (along with the shiny dots and dark blue cloud looking things) is continuously in rotational motion. I don't need to explain that actual stars in outer space don't appear to be in rotational motion at such MFTL+ speeds to an observer. Which adds to the first point of why we shouldn't assume the background as literal balls of fire in a space.

From the above two points, it should be clear that it takes far more assumption to say that King Boo created a realm that does not look like actual space but houses actual stars that he always keeps in a continuous rotational motion at MFTL+ speeds only to fight Luigi on a stage which is smaller than a tennis court. The obvious solution here, supported by Occam's razor, is that it's just a cool looking moving background.

I propose that this be treated as invalid, and should not be used to support any 4-A level creation. Its mention should be removed from King Boo's page.

As for King Boo's Low 2-C rating, it is based on this. The context seems to be that King Boo creates a portal which releases large hoard of ghosts and increase the paranormality. Once the paranormal readings go above a certain limit, it threatens to destroy the dimension by collapsing on itself.

There seems to be some confusion regarding this, so I'll ask here. What is the term "our dimension" referring to here? It's very odd to call our universe as "dimension". Does it mean something else?

Secondly, if it means the universe, the collapse due to increasing paranormality and instability implies an overtime/chain reaction destruction, not a one-shot. Moreover, King Boo doesn't have enough power to one shot a universe by himself, his only feat here is making a portal which initializes the process. As such, the Low 2-C rating should probably be removed from his profile as it is very misleading.
This actually makes sense, the 4-A part doesnt support 4-A, yeah, but I am not sure about the Low 2-C part, Mario is not my cup of tea

I had to have AKM specifically point them out because I literally couldn't see them.

This in no way follows our Creation standards for starry skies. Yeet the feat. I'll look into the other bit later.

It’s also just called an Illusion, and while in the Japanese version it’s not called “King Boo’s Illusion”, Dark Moon is a Next Level Game Product, a Canadian Studio, the English version is the original version

First Zelda gets all their cosmic level feats tossed away, now Mario is starting to have the same happen, which Nintendo verse are you monsters going after next?

Yeah if this doesn't meet the requirements for creation feats it should probably stop being treated as a 4-A feat.

image0.png

Agree with scrapping the 4-A feat. Professor E. Gadd notably outright refers to the same realm as an illusion before the boss fight (skip to 6:38, curse my inability to time stamp on mobile), so those clearly aren’t actual star systems spanning light years across like the profile claims.

If the Low 2-C rating is sticking around it should likely be listed “Universe level+ overtime via chain reaction” to empathize it isn’t combat applicable.

Looking at the other times luigi goes to that realm on the profile theyre not white spots. Theyre visible in the dark cloudy areas and shine in four directions pretty clearly representing faraway stars

Egad calling the realm an illusion is a pretty good point though

Last edited:
I agree. Nice catch about the first feat.

The second feat should be put as ", eventually 3-A when and if a portal he creates collapses on itself". It might look a bit long, but "eventually" comes out of it taking who knows how long, and the "and if" comes just in case as it says that it threatens to happen, meaning that it might not happen and/or it might not always happen at a consistent set speed after a portal is created.

Low 2-C comes from no reason too.

I agree with AKM and Maverick

This just shows how 4-A is the tier with the least amount of things going for it.

I do think there's potentially a few other 4-A feats but they're from like Wario and Yoshi.

Anyways I agree here

Also two high 4-C feats left besides power stars stuff (dreamy luigi and yoshi creating a consollation, the latter one is arguably a gag though).

Being a gag coming from a character's Toon Force doesn't stop feats from being in their profiles, they would only have those stats exactly when making those feats and none of that otherwise, scaling to their consistent portrayals. Ex. Timmy is an average kid normally, who can survive this at his peak and no one scales from it.

2. Here, here, here, here and in the entire video, we see that the whole background (along with the shiny dots and dark blue cloud looking things) is continuously in rotational motion (you'll need max brightness to see the dots). If you look closely, you'll see the sparkly dots move exactly in conjunction with the dark blue clouds, owing to the fact that they are part of the same background and the "stars" are not lightyears in the back. I don't need to explain that actual stars in outer space don't appear to be in rotational motion at such MFTL+ speeds to an observer. Which adds to the first point of why we shouldn't assume the background as literal balls of fire in a space.

I like the intent, however as a mario consumer I have a few issues, I do not know king boo's current rankings and stat abilites as such, but I do know mario, and I know it pretty well. I'll list my opinions on each point as such.

#1. The "Dimension" he creates I would relate to Dimentio's Dimension D. You could argue that king boo's has that swirling effect, but Ehhh imo I find that a bit of a stretch.
#2. That is a valid take on the background being stars. I would argue the same for Dimension D being on the same plane, but unlike this one the background's "stars" do not move, so I can agree with this stance.
#3. "The obvious solution here, supported by Occam's razor, is that it's just a cool looking moving background." the greatest comeback they could say, 'cool background bro Im playing ghostbuster'.
#4. E gadd. Oh lord taking anything he says is needed with a grain of salt I might say. We are talking about the same lad who literally created a time machine in one of the M&L spin-off games. Granted, Im not trying to take away the implications you're giving with King Boo's Dimension's effect on the well current 'dimension' as E Gadd put it in that clip (this clip specifically), but lets not get ahead of ourselves trying to implicate he's destroying the "universe" from "dimension". When The Void gets created in SPM (Man I am referencing it alot in this post), it mentions destroying all worlds, which in that regard can imply the entire dimension in that sense, cause you could 1. relate that to the standard mario games, where you have 8 "worlds" that make up the lands mario travels (which could be argued to be the entire world, depending on if you count the RPG games' maps as a reference which... yeah we get conflicting stories then.), and in specifically SMP's story, it quite literally is prophesied to be the game-ender with every world to be wiped, with the exception of count bleck's castle as it is within the void itself. Now compare what E gadd says "Dimension", Comparitively to what Merlon says about The void (Clip here ), "And in the end, it will swallow all existence... all worlds, all dimensions..." Now to compare King boo's paranormality vs the void would be a bit of a stretch to me personally.

But for argumentative sake lets say it was a complete other universe in King Boo's Tennis Court(tm), and his paranormality from creating a portal alone would cause the entire Mario Multiverse to be deleted, implies to me that King Boo would be more powerful than Dimentio, and I cant whole-heartedly accept that.

Now what do I think this would equate to? Maybe somewhere between The Void's ranking and whatever Dimension D gets for Dimentio. Reason why I brought up what Merlon says is because he says "Dimensions", which could imply that each world mario visits in SMP is a different dimension than the last (And I really dont wanna go down that rabbit hole of "and now this is why paper mario from SMP is 8D" or some weird shenanigan.), only boosted by what he says prior about Flipside and the Mushroom kingdom (Source -> Love me some chuggaaconroy), "You have come far from the Mushroom Kingdom of your dimension... of course, our fair flipside is in no dimension at all! No! it is BETWEEN dimensions!"

Tl;dr I think if King boo WAS to get a revision, it would be scaled to Dimentio's Power when it came to this, to a lesser extent atleast. I say "lesser" because The Void technically destroyed more going by what Merlon says in comparison to what E Gadd says, however the Portal he creates I would equivalate to The Void if the Void was stuck purely in flipside and nowhere else due to merlon's and E. Gadd wording when talking about Dimensions and other 'existence'.

Looking at the other times luigi goes to that realm on the profile theyre not white spots. Theyre visible in the dark cloudy areas and shine in four directions pretty clearly representing faraway stars

Egad calling the realm an illusion is a pretty good point though

I guess people have forgotten about Luigi’s mansion (1) being called an illusion but Luigi gets to keep and spend the money he collected in that mansion that materialized into being real.

I mean. As far as I'm concerned, a statement blatantly saying "this is an illusion" is a lot more reliable than pointing out Luigi can still use a game mechanic thing when it doesn't make much sense in a children's game. If there was a statement saying like "wow this illusion is so good it becomes real!", then that'd be something different- but I strongly doubt any sane dev would think "gee, sure would be fun if I nuked their coins each time so they can't buy stuff to make sure the narrative realism is here in this game about vacuuming up ghosts"

So, for me, I don't find that to be convincing evidence in favor of using the feat. Illusions are illusions.

Yes, I still need to get into the other half of this thread, I'm aware

Even if it was somehow not an illusion, the OP goes in detail why they cannot be automatically assumed to be real stars when there are so many things going against it. It doesn't fulfill the standards.

As for the portal thing, I am neutral. We can either remove the Low 2-C tier because King Boo is not doing the deed. Or we can explain it better that makes it clear that making a portal that could destroy the universe overtime is not combat applicable. I also agree with Efi that it should be 3-A since there is no indication of time being destroyed by the dimension collapsing on itself.

Neutral, but if it's true the English version is technically the original in this case, then there seems to be more points about it being "An Illusion" and I recall Dino remembered showing skepticism on the specific feat. Then I can agree the 4-A feat was vague. Though that also means the Low 2-C thing would inherently refer to the universe still. E Gadd literally said, "Our dimension will collapse." I don't need to explain why the Mushroom kingdom is logically inside an actual universe rather than some galaxy sized pocket reality or something. But I will agree at best it's just via environmental destruction that wouldn't scale to physical stats.

I mean. As far as I'm concerned, a statement blatantly saying "this is an illusion" is a lot more reliable than pointing out Luigi can still use a game mechanic thing when it doesn't make much sense in a children's game. If there was a statement saying like "wow this illusion is so good it becomes real!", then that'd be something different- but I strongly doubt any sane dev would think "gee, sure would be fun if I nuked their coins each time so they can't buy stuff to make sure the narrative realism is here in this game about vacuuming up ghosts"

So, for me, I don't find that to be convincing evidence in favor of using the feat. Illusions are illusions.

Yes, I still need to get into the other half of this thread, I'm aware
The canon ending is that Luigi used the money from the mansion to buy a house seen in the sequel. We know it's the mansion money because it's literally the exact same house shown in one of different endings of LM1 depending on how much money you collect from the mansion.

But as said already, the illusions being real wouldn't matter much

The canon ending is that Luigi used the money from the mansion to buy a house seen in the sequel. We know it's the mansion money because it's literally the exact same house shown in one of different endings of LM1 depending on how much money you collect from the mansion.

But as said already, the illusions being real wouldn't matter much
none of what you said counteracted my point though

my argument is that it doesn't matter whether Luigi uses the illusionary coins as real coins or not, its a children's game and to expect anything other than that is to expect a game lacking fun

none of what you said counteracted my point though

my argument is that it doesn't matter whether Luigi uses the illusionary coins as real coins or not, its a children's game and to expect anything other than that is to expect a game lacking fun
Im gonna add onto your argument too; Merlon calls the mushroom kingdom in "mario's" dimension, and the other worlds in SPM one aswell; so the worse thing this could be is Dimentional Distruction in marioverse sense, which I personally find a bit of a stretch to compare, like I said, to something like The Void.

also illusions in this game are real, but I wouldn't go to the point of "Creating real stars in an illusion" being the same as Dimension D in creation-power. If I created an illusion of what the milky way looks like and it seemed realistic, you wouldn't say I could create (an) universe(s) lol.

Alright. Low 2-C chatter time.

I think its fair to say dimension = universe. That doesn't really sound like a stretch in my book. However. It is made abundantly clear to me that two things are true: this is indeed an over time thing, if only somewhat, and it isn't even really King Boo himself doing it. It's literally stated that it is all of the Boos, who King Boo summoned using a portal. So this scaling to him directly as it is absolutely raises a few red flags, and I'd be in favor of deleting it from the profile (though, I do think the feat itself exists, it just absolutely doesn't scale to King Boo as a singular entity, nor any other singular entity as a result).

Well, I guess there is enough agreement to edit the page accordingly.

It be more like once the Boos in general having their own race/civilization, Low 2-C via their entire race working together over time can result in a Low 2-C feat. Though, paranormal portals would still be a range feat for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back