• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Optional equipment is a thing once I photoshop some letters.

However spongebob shouldn't even have it as that since he has no idea how to use the thing.

We have more then enough agreements really

I'll keep arguing against it while someone can make the edits

Again Spongebob does know how to use the magic paper since the he's basically the antagonist of Heropants (well his subconsciouns is the antagonist) causing weird events to happen

Genericstickman said:
Again Spongebob does know how to use the magic paper since the he's basically the antagonist of Heropants (well his subconsciouns is the antagonist) causing weird events to happen

I still wouldn't call it "Standard Equipment"

He held it like 3 times out of his entire show, it's not usually something you see kept on him the entire time

Is Heropants even canon to the show and movies? I've seen that being claimed as a way to justify him keeping his 2-C raring but I have doubts.

Just because it takes place after the movie doesn't mean it's canon. Is it considered as a official continuation by the shows/movies writers?

Dust Collector said:
Bobsican said:
Am I missing something? Because I don't see anything on that page that suggests the game is a part of the main continuity.
Nevermind, I got biased with the "Timeline" part.

Yeah, the page may go from Spongebob´s profile, but the page (As in, the Magic Book itself) should stay at 2-C.

It can still fit as optional equipment at least.

Alright then. Also how many of the powers in Spongebobs 8-B key stem from the book? I know stuff like Plot Manipulation obviously comes from it but what about transformation?

Transformation was achieved with the Magic Book, so that is... debatable.

That´s why I merged the superhero form and the Magic Book into a single key, for safety purposes.

The Magic Book should also have Power Bestowal listed in its powers and abilities in that case.

Outside of that, yeah, those abilities would be removed, and the page is also obviously going to be removed from the standart equipment.

There should be a note about the Magic Book in the profile saying that it can be "optional" equipment if the OP specifies it in a Vs. thread or something, maybe.

Well Wok is working on something to do with optional equipment on profiles but until then I think it would be best for his profile to not mention the Magic Book at all.

I think that would be fine, but unless the optional equipment stuf is going to take weeks to be even decided, I think the change should be postponed.

I´m going to point out that Spongebob has bubble manipulation in base too, so that addition should go to the base one, and so the second key should just state something like "All previous abilities increased".

Eficiente said:
I agree as well, he should still have it as Optional Equipment with an explanation of all of this but not having it removed. I have seen people wanking this, so them not seeing that in his profile will generate them to still do the same and even make threads to try to implement it in his profile.
I'm yet to see a response to this.

GyroNutz said:
Genericstickman said:
I guess Bubbles will be the only tier 2 Spongebob character on the site when he eventually gets a profile since he technically had half of the book for all of the game
If this is true, shouldn't Bubbles get a 2-C rating with the magic book?
Thoughts on this?

@Insecurity97 I think it's standard for tier 2 Characters profiles to be locked.

SpongeBob had his 2-C rating removed though. And there's many other iconic characters with unlocked profiles (from what I can recall at least)

Bobsican said:
I´m going to point out that Spongebob has bubble manipulation in base too, so that addition should go to the base one, and so the second key should just state something like "All previous abilities increased".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back