• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Killer Bean Upgrades

So uhh... the Killer Bean profile is ridiculously lacking.

Most of this is based on the mobile game being confirmed canon, which was stated recently by Jeff Lew, the creator of Killer Bean.

HBgv7HH.png

Here he is, in response to someone asking him on Twitter, if Killer Bean Unleashed is canon or not. He says yes, since the original villain it introduced (Major Firepower) is going to be showing up in the PC game (watch this trailer, it looks dope). The account doesn't have a blue checkmark, but it's linked to on the Killer Bean YouTube account (look on the bottom), so it's pretty clearly official. Also just going to point this out, there was nothing saying it wasn't canon before this. Still, if there's some sort of issue here, it could at least be added as part of a tag or something, just so we're not tossing out all these perfectly good feats and powers.

So with the addition of Unleashed, we can add on a few things right away.

To the Powers and Abilities list: Fire Manipulation (via Fire Bullets, Fire Blast, and Fire Bomb), Electron Manipulation (via Electron Bullets), and Light Manipulation (via Photon Bullets and Beam Splitter Laser). Explosion Manipulation can also have the Exploding Bullets, Rockets, Cluster Blast, Grenades, and Fire Bombs added on. Finally, under Acrobatics we can include Double Jumping and Triple Jumping, as those are both things you can do in game, though you need a power up for Triple Jumping. Alternatively, these could be added as new powers in and of themselves, under Multi-Jumping or whatever name would be used. Danmaku could also maybe be added because of the weapons that fire in a large cluster, like the Buckshot, Cluster Blast, and Fire Blast.

To the Equipment section: The 12 additional types of ammo should be added in to the "optional equipment" category (being Magnum Bullets, Electron Bullets, Buckshot, Exploding Bullets, Photon Bullets, Rockets, Cluster Blast, Fire Bullets, Grenades, Fire Blast, Beam Splitter Laser, and Fire Bombs). He also has a force field in the mobile game, though he can only use it after he respawns (this should also be added to the powers and abilities list if we include it, but I'm not sure what kind of power it'd be listed as). Also, outside of the stuff from the mobile game, the kunai he uses in the second episode of the Killer Bean series aren't mentioned, and neither are the ability of his standard Gold Bullets seen in the movie to expand on contact after impacting something, leaving larger than usual exit holes.

And now for the stats. I don't actually think these need to be changed all that much, except for one thing: Speed.

I already think the Supersonic rating is too low, even going in to all this - with all the sniper bullet dodging and bullet catching he does, he should probably be at Hypersonic, but I digress. In the mobile game, not only does he have two light-based weapons (Photon Bullets and the Beam Splitter Laser), but he can also dodge enemy projectiles which are visibly very similar to them (here's the Photon Bullets, a second clip of that, and here's the Beam Splitter Laser). I don't have good footage of this, but he can also maneuver out of the way of his own reflected Beam Splitter Lasers as well.

For evidence of the Photon Bullets and Beam Splitter Laser being lightspeed, here's their descriptions:

Xj0qcb2.png

For the Photon Bullets, there you go, right in the name: Photon. Now, I don't think I need to explain to you people what a photon is (we're all smart around here). For the argument that this is just some kind of hyperbolic attack name, well, if they were called "plasma bullets" I don't think there'd be an argument over whether or not they're made of plasma. Stronger evidence is seen in the description of the similarly named Electron Bullets - they're specifically pointed as being made out of electrons, and I don't know why the game would suddenly change conventions for the Photon Bullets. The game doesn't really have very flowery attack names, everything is very straightforward. Rockets are just called "Rockets", grenades are just called "Grenades," bullets made of fire are just called "Fire Bullets." So it tracks that the Photon Bullets are photons.

pmyHjSx.png

Next up, the Beam Splitter Laser. Another easy one. It's directly called a "laser", both in the attack name itself and in the description of the attack.

Even if you don't buy the direct speed scaling to the weapons, you would need to update his speed section to note that he has Lightspeed attacks. Personally, I think Combat Speed/Reactions should be updated to Lightspeed as well, but I'll leave that to the court of public opinion.

Anyways, there's also a few arguments for higher AP as well. His weapons in the game can take down these large metal bean pod structures, large tanks, planes, gunships, and large UFOs. While most of this requires over time damage, stronger weapons can take out some of these bosses in a single hit, namely Major Firepower's helicopter.

I have a feeling this would be higher than wall level, considering the common reference list for feats marks destroying a car at Small Building level and destroying a plane at High Building level. He's definitely at least edging into low or mid building tier, but of course we'll need some original calcs and such to add that. Hopefully someone else interested in giving Killer Bean his proper due can lend a hand here.

Even if we don't upgrade anything, we could at least update the current wall level justification to include the not one but two feats of him completely destroying metal doors with his rocket launcher.

I'll comment in ore detail latter, but none of the items proposed for a SoL upgrade meet enough requirements for said upgrade.

Back