• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GTA San Andreas: issues with CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently CJ has mastery of Muay Thai and Taekawndo in his profile. Issue being he doesn't learn either one of these martial arts. There are only 3 forms of combat he can be taught, that being boxing, kick boxing and Kung-Fu. At no point does CJ ever learn Muay Thai or Taekwondo so I'm not sure why or how that was added into the profile.

Secondly literally the majority of his listed feats have no citation or calculation. For the love of God I cannot recall CJ ever being able to tank 3 rockets without damage, and he can be killed by normal weapons much weaker than rockets. Furthermore he can't tank being struck by a train, as it literally kills him. If you shoot something reflective the bullets will kill you. Grenades and the rocket launcer will also kill you. And it's pretty consistent.

He also dies if he falls from buildings so it's dishonest to say he can tank trains or falling from big heights are both will in fact kill him. So those durability feats should be removed.

Agree the OP, and I feel that this is not only an issue with CJ but with almost all GTA characters, and this is due to the Game Mechanics.
A few months ago, I started a overhaul of Claude to begin improving the verse.

am I the only one seeing cj actually tanking those explosions and only been dying because he's already 1 hp/low hp? 🐵
Not really. Grenades were one shooting him, big falls kill him, reflected bullets, etc. At best him surviving to any degree is an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back