• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kill la Kill: Possible Ryuko Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello everyone. So I found this calculation on NarutoForums the other day.

Basically the sort of main antagonist, Original Life Fiber's job is to destroy various planets in order to spread its "seeds" throughout the world. Which in the show has been numerously said by multiple extremely intelligent characters knowledgable in this topic that Life Fiber has done multiple times before and was going to do to Earth. Hence the major conflict within the story. Stopping this thing from destroying the planet. (Note: Only the Life Fiber can do this, hence why no one has stats higher than current)

The calc above suggests that the Life Fiber has Country level durability. And the Life Fiber was destroyed by the S.S. Sol, the ship Ryuko destroyed in episode 25.

So I think her being 6-B would be reasonable, especially since this is still consistent with EoS Base being a lot weaker than Senketsu Kisaragi, and that Kisaragi one shot the Life Fibers.

However this should only scale to EoS Ryuko and no one else in the series. For these reasons.

1. S.S. Sol tanked a combined attack from the Elite 4 at their highest forms. So none of those people should be scaled to this in my opinion.

2. S.S. Sol barely missed Base Ragyo after its attack and never made actual contact with her. And I believe it would be a bit presumptuous to assume she could've survived this attack since its showings/feats of power are far beyond what Base Ragyo has shown capable of.

3. End of Series Base Ryuko was treated as far more powerful then the rest of the cast, and nothing suggests anyone else was comparable to her.

So what I would like to ask is if the calculation above is accurate? And if the proposed change for EoS Ryuko seems reasonable.

Attack Potency:
Country level (Destroyed the S.S. Naked Sun, which was able to penetrate and nearly kill the Original Life Fiber)

The calc is theoretical, which makes this upgrade questionable. It assumed that the life fibers were able to survive the explosions of planets. We don't how they destroyed the planets, so we can't assume it got hit by the explosion directly, plus doesn't life fibers regenerate anyways? Planet can be a vague term. We don't know what planets the life fibers destroyed.

It's assumed that the Original Life Fiber can survive its explosion because it has been stated multiple times from several knoweledgable characters that it has done this process before.

Destroying the planet and spreading its seeds throughout the universe. They are essentially an essential force of life and death in nature throughout the universe.

And "planet" sounds rather straight forward. Especially since in this case the Life Fiber, again, could've done this process to Earth and when its powers were described they have shown visuals of planets getting exploded.

Also the Life Fiber directly causes the planet to explode, so it seems rather likely it's gotten hit by the explosion during its process. Especially since said process relies on getting hit by the explosion.

1. The characters weren't there. How would they even know?

2. I don't even understand this point.

3. The visual was just an example from Nudist Beach, it wasn't a flashback or anything because no one seen it in action.

4. Again don't life fibers regenerate?

Even if the characters weren't there, they are still extremely knowledgable characters on the Life Fibers who can reasonably be considered reliable sources. I doubt that pretty much every character saying the exact same thing about what this Life Fiber can do is not to be taken as a mere hyperbole or misconception. Especially since this is the entire main conflict of the series.

And even if the visual wasn't a flashback, it clearly shows an actual planet being destroyed. Along with the variety of statements throughout the series that they were going to do this to Earth.

There is far more suggesting they can do this actual planets, then the entire conflict of the series being a lie that all the heroes and villains fo the series bought.

And Ragyo has direct control over these fibers and can manipulate/read their thoughts. Why would she still go on with this plan if she found out the Life Fibers can't actually destroy the planet?

Plus I do not recall the Life Fibers themselves being able to regenerate, rather the characters enhanced by them gaining the ability.

And Original Life Fiber never regenerated from S.S. Sol's attack and needed to absorb more people to restore its health, so it definitely doesn't seem likely that it can regerate from the explosions.

"Life Fibers are multi-cellular microorganisms whose bodies grow in long thin strands, which radiate bright red energy. These strands are very durable, being stronger than most materials found on Earth. Life Fibers also possess a regenerative factor.."

They do regenerate.

Ok, I get the characters are knowledgable, but it is impossible for them to know what planet and how it was destroyed. It doesn't make sense. Going to do =/ Did do. The visual representation wasn't a flashback, it was a mere example to show Ryuko. They said it would happen to earth as in the earth will be destroyed, but we don't if it will be destroyed the same way. As these guys have no way of knowing how the other planets were destroyed.

I'm sorry. But if the entire premise of a show revolves around someone being able to destroy a planet and needing to be stopped, various insanely knowledgable characters have all agreed that it can destroy the planet. It was specifically chosen by the story to represent a planet being destroyed in some form.

The being in question performing stages the exact same feat it was stated it was going to do in the past.

As well as multiple characters with supernatural, psychic knowledge of this being saying this it can destroy the planet (someone who would certainly know) all say the exact same thing. Yet we are to not accept that. Then I honestly do not see how we can accept any statement of someone's power.

Because certainly most do not have as much backing or are as crucial to the plot. And similiar arguments of "X character couldn't have known when they were saying it" could all be made for similar instances.

Once again Original Life Fiber couldn't regenerate the wound from S.S. Sol and needed others to help restore its health. Even if it does have a regen factor, it can't be one that would allow it to survive these explosions with vastly inferior dura.

Imagine if we had DBS ep 12 except this time...

-The entire plot of the whole series is stopping Beerus from destroying the universe

-Numerous superhumanly intelligent scientists who have dedicated their entire lives and decades of research for the sole purpose of analyzing Beerus's power, say he can destroy the universe.

-The story itself decides to show visuals of Beerus destroying the universe

-We see the shockwave starting to happen in the exact same way it was stated it would over a dozen episodes ago.

-Characters who are mentally connected with Beerus, and have psychic knowledge of Beerus's abilities say he can destroy the universe.

Can any of the staff honestly tell me if this was how the Universe statement went down in Dragon Ball Super, that we would've chalked this off as a mere hyperbole or misconception?

I think that Ryukama seems to make sense.

Well...

1. SS Sol was powered by MAKO of all people to fly up.

2. The explosions from the E4 in Final Goku uniforms weren't meant for the SS Sol but the COVERs. And given how silly Kill la Kill is (no offense there, I like it too) it is not unlikely that those explosions are just flashy effects. Afterall AoE =/= AP

3. Saying Ryuko casually destroyed the ship is a bit exaggerating there. Ryuko obviously had to pull out the Final Commission Mode out of nowhere to destroy the Honnoji Robot.

@Byakushiki Setsura

1. Mako primarily effected the speed and flight of the S.S. Sol. Not amping its durability.

2. S.S. was still very close to the explosions the Elite 4 made. And while AoE =/= AP, I think it's a bit presumptuous to say the explosions had no power and all the energy was only within the strike while the blasts were decoration.

But either way, Elite 4 still doesn't have enough feats or in series evidence to suggest them being scalable to S.S. Sol, and I would prefer keeping this only to EoS Ryuko, if this is to be accepted.

3. I agree the casually isn't justified and was going to put it out but forgot to. My bad. I at first put casually since the S.S. Sol chipped upon impact when it hit the Scissor Blade, but Ryuko still visibly had to give effort during that fight.

What I'm trying to say is, Mako boosted the speed of SS Sol to the point of flying, so obviously that is gonna amp the KE as well. And while it did indeed penetrate through the Original Life Fiber, Ryuko was still the one that landed the finishing blow.

And I'm still iffy about my second point, especially when the explosions were from the E4 PUNCHING and KICKING the COVERs, not using their energy weapons.

And also, even if you were right, that'd only prove that the SS Sol has Country level AP and At least Mountain level durability. Big difference there. Ryuko can't be Country level for destroying something that has Country level AP but only At least Mountain level durability. It's like saying you are Planet level because you KO someone with Planet level but with Human level durability.

Even if Mako's speed increased the overall KE of the attack, the ship still needs to be that durable to withstand the energy.

I don't really care about the explosion thing. Because regardless of that point, Elite 4 has nothing to suggest they scale to this ship.

And the S.S. Naked Sun is durable enough to penetrate and go through something with Country level durability without any damage. Hence it has similar durability. Ryuko destroyed a weapon with Country level durability, if this calc is to be accepted. Hence her AP scales to that.

This ship isn't some glass canon where it can create this level of energy yet be unable to withstand said energy somehow. It's not like it used hax or energy attacks to harm Life Fiber. It used its raw power and rammed into it.

Unless one is explictly mentioned to be a glass canon, we always scale physical AP and KE with durability.

Well, since the calc is theoretical, I think it can be applied but with a "possibly" tag.

The "theoretically" really doesn't seem to have much reason to be on the title. It's calculating a feat that has been numerously stated throughout the show to have happened and is a major plot point in the series. If this can be accepting I don't think a "possibly" needs to be put.

Ryukama said:
The "theoretically" really doesn't seem to have much reason to be on the title. It's calculating a feat that has been numerously stated throughout the show to have happened and is a major plot point in the series. If this can be accepting I don't think a "possibly" needs to be put.

In that case, then I agree that "possibly" probably isn't needed.

Was there a simulation that showed how the planets got destroyed? Since apparently it was Death Star style which can yield much higher results than what is on the thread currently.

@Ant Well this is pretty much just a calc of a feat. I think if it isn't accepted, then it's not to be added. But if it is there is no real need for a "likely" or "possibly."

@AMM Yeah however like mentioned before it was shown during a presentation one of the scientisists were giving. And not like a flashback.

Not that this guy isn't reliable/likely acccurate, but perhaps this calc could serve as a decent lowball.

I'm pretty fine with this upgrade.

Then is EoS/ OVA Ryuko gonna be like this?

AP: Possibly at least Mountain level (defeated a Life Fiber clone of Satsuki). Country level with Final Commission Mode Scissor Blades (Destroyed the SS Naked Sol)

Durability: Possibly at least Mountain level.

The scissor blade's part in this is more insignificant than given credit for, as it is normally on much lower levels, it goes to show that Ryuko's sheer strength had a much higher impact on the the level of strength

well if that was the case Ryuko wouldn't need to pull out the Final Commission Mode out of nowhere, right? Just like in TTGL you pull something out of thin air to help you turn the table. Ryuko only won when the Scissor Blades came to her

I didn't say it had no effect. Just that Ryuko had much more to do with the strength than what is given credit for.

Basically she's still country level without it, just to a lesser amount.

Agreed with SD. Did Scissor Blade increase her power? Of course. Did it do it enough to make it where Ryuko is dozens of thousands of times weaker without it? And that her own strength is absolutely irrelevant to the power the strike produced? No

Well considering she went from At least Mountain level to Multi-Continent level in Kisaragi just by taking the life fibers of a bunch of people that are At least Mountain level at strongest (Satsuki) it is not surprising

And Goku gained an At least 3-B god form from a bunch of 4-B's and an infant. I'm not sure what relevance this has.

The fact that Ryuko gained a lot of power through a new transformation in an entirely different event, does not at all suggest that in this case she is vastly inferior to her weapon and didn't contribute to the power of the strike at all.

Like I don't even see the connection here. So Ryuko once got a new form though her weaker friends helping her. Therefore in this feat she was 100% entirely assisted by the Scissor Blade and doesn't even have 1/100000th as much power as it does, despite her strength in particular having it achieve levels it hasn't shown able to normally do before? What?

@Cal lol yeah but that was more of joke and not an actual argument (though it does show that in fiction, it is not uncommon/impossible for charcters to gain new god forms with the help of far weaker characters.)

The rest of what I said I still think is valid though. What about you?

Just a small adjustment

• It stated in the calc above that the planets were said to have actually exploded. This would mean that instead of using the low end for the Death Star Yield, we actually have to use the high end of it.
  • If we are using just the GBE of Earth, it means that the planet's mass would be flying at only 8660m/s when it explodes, which would hardly considered an explosion due to its size.
  • The high end of the value is used when the pieces of the planet is flying at least 5x the planetary diameter. However, this would make sense if the planet was actually exploding, as an explosion would generally hurl the pieces at incredibly fast speeds.
  • Now, regarding this image.
Image15
  • Using the high end of the Death Star Yield, which is about 1.21e40 Joules, this would mean that instead of the result above, we will get a new result.
  • The durability of the life fibers is 9.732e30 Joules, or about 2.33e21 Tons of TNT.

That is Small Planet level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back