• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is Kilgharrah's current justification referring to him one-shotting all of Camelot at once? Or is it referring to him burning the place down over time?

If it's the latter, his profile (and those who scale to him) should be revised using some other feat.

From what I recall, he didn't actually destroy Camelot at all. He was stopped by Merlin.

The thing about it that struck me is, Kilgharrah never displayed any sort of Town level feats at any point from what I recall of the show. I don't think anyone did. It was a show/setting which considered Merlin's barrage of lightning strikes in that one episode to be one of the greatest displays of power ever known.

Ah, Cornelius Sigan. I forgot about him.

Controlled the tides, changed night to day, and in the actual series proper, controlled all of the statues of Camelot.

I still don't see how that changes Kilgharrah, though. The two didn't fight or anything IIRC, and even Merlin only defeated him by sealing his soul back inside its jewel with a spell.

I think so too. And it's going to end up affecting a few other profiles who scale to him.

What actual feats does he have again? I know Merlin couldn't harm him with his magic, and since the latter has 8-C magical feats, that could possibly work for his durability.

If his only feat was burning parts of Camelot in his rampage, then that's probably all we can use. That, and scaling to Merlin.

I don't remember what the nature of that statement was tbh, but I know he never showed anything that powerful in the show. Pretty sure he would have had a lot more potent magic at his disposal during his fights if he'd been capable of something like that. There isn't any context on the statement, either. (Read: What it was based on, who made the statement, etc.)

Now that, we can use. Might only be an "at his peak" kind of feat, but we can use it nonetheless.

Is there any sort of reason why his other magic (aside from the lightning strikes) is rated Wall level to Small Building level?

So after looking at this a bit more, I have a proposal.

For starters, we need to drop the whole thing about Kilgharrah destroying Camelot, since it's a faulty thing at best. We're better off just scaling him to Merlin, if anything.

For two, Merlin should simply have one rating across the board. All of his lower showings aren't him using the full extent of his power, and creating a storm out of nothing would be the best display of his power to measure. His lightning spells might be able to scale to this as well, since 9 times out of 10, he doesn't summon lightning from the sky; he fires it straight from the Sidhe Staff he carries.

Probably. I'd have brought it down to the Calc Request Blog already, but I'm actually waiting on a few other calcs and I don't want to load the calc group with any more work yet.

I'll probably make a request after the results to my other requests are done. (Which may or may not be a while, but it shouldn't be too long.)

EDIT: Actually, this seems more important than the calcs I requested prior to now, so I'm going to go ahead and send this in.

Also, Morgause should probably scale to this as well. Not because she directly fought Merlin, but because she was able to enhance a set of chains with an enchantment that was too powerful for him to break with his own magic.

Sigan, you mean?

Well, he managed to animate/grant sentience to every gargoyle and statue in Camelot, and was controlling every last one of them with his magic.

There's the in-series saying about him about being able to "turn the tides" and "change day into night". The legends also say his spells helped build Camelot itself, but I'm almost positive there's no real context for this, or any indication of how long it took.

He made his own soul immortal by containing it inside of a jewel, and by the time The Curse of Cornelius Siga takes place, he's capable of using said soul to possess people. He possessed some guy to use as a vessel (I'm blanking on that guy's name at the moment), and I'm pretty sure he even tried to possess Merlin towards the end of the episode.

That's all I can remember. So...Magic, possession, Type 6 immortality, weather manipulation, and whatever the hell "animating and controlling a bunch of statues/gargoyles" qualifies as. He may or may not have access to some of the same spells as Merlin and Morgana, but I don't think we ever see him use them. Or any other direct attacks on anyone. My memory on it is hazy.

Bump.

I figure we're most of the way done here, but I'm interested in figuring out who all this scales to. Our profiles for the Merlin BBC series seem like a damned mess as far as their statistics go, so I have a feeling that Merlin, Morgana, Morgause and Kilgharrah aren't going to be the only ones we need to change.

It also scales to characters like the Cailleach. Do you think magic users like Nimue and Edwin should scale?

I dunno. Nimueh explicitly hurt Merlin, but he didn't have any sort of protective shield up or anything, and his current durability is...well, inaccurate. (It's scaled to Morgana, who was hit by Merlin's lightning and would have been killed if it weren't for her immortality)

I can't think of any statements for them offhand, but if either of those two are held as being comparable to Merlin, Morgana or Morgause in-universe, then they probably scale as well.

It occurs to me that she did manage to absorb one of his fire spells during their fight with each other.

Not sure if that really counts towards her power with magic, though...

Have you reached any conclusions here?

We have an approved calc that puts Merlin firmly in the City level range, and are going to change his stats (as well as those of everyone else who scales to him) accordingly. But right now we're trying to figure out who scales, since the current profiles for the verse are all over the place in terms of their info.

I may end up suggesting that we delete Edwin and Nimueh for now, since they aren't exactly "important" profiles and we can always remake them later if need be.

I somehow wasn't notified about this thread having received more responses.

Anyway...maybe we should just leave Nimueh and the others alone and focus on the characters who we know for a fact scale to Merlin. If need be, we can worry about the rest of them later on.

Alright, so the people who would be affected by this seem to be as follows:

• Merlin himself (since he performed the feat)
  • Morgana
  • Morgause (as she placed an enchantment that Merlin could not break with his magic, and is most likely comparable to Morgana anyway)
  • Kilgharrah
  • The Cailleach
  • Cornelius Sigan (once I get around to making his profile)
Did I miss anybody?

Alright, cool. Ant already came in and gave these revisions the greenlight, so we should be good to go at this point.

I revised his durability again, since he did survive getting hit in the chest by one of Nimueh's fireballs. He's not Building level though; everything on that level he has been exposed to was only survived thanks to his immortality, and the same is true of Morgana. (She would have died from Merlin's lightning spell if it weren't for her own immortality, and she was still taken down by it for an extremely lengthy period of time.)

Something to ask though; would surviving the Dorocha's touch count as resistance to Death Manipulation? Seems like it would be that instead of counting as a raw durability feat.

Back