• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kid Goku (22nd Budokai Tier 8-A) vs Guts, speed equalized

Just what it says in the title. These two have roughly the same speed but for this battle it is completely equalized. Keep in mind that the Dragonslayer should be able to cleave through Goku's energy-attacks since they are life-force-energy and the Dragonslayer directly affects life-force. Guts is at his absolute peak during the Black Swordsman arc, with his entire arsenal, but does not have the Berserker Armor. Goku has his power-pole (which is seemingly unbreakable).

Goku bloodlusted (since Guts always pretty much is). Begin from 5m distance.

Goku: 2

Guts: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Going with Goku for the range advantage, much more techniques, and being a battle genius. Of course, Guts is pretty crafty too, and he does have pretty good feats to back him up, but Goku got this probably mid to even high-difficulty. Also, does Goku have Nimbus?

Xmark12 said:
Going with Goku for the range advantage, much more techniques, and being a battle genius. Of course, Guts is pretty crafty too, and he does have pretty good feats to back him up, but Goku got this probably mid to even high-difficulty. Also, does Goku have Nimbus?

Okay, we now have one vote for Goku. He does have the range-advantage due to the Kamehameha and the power-pole. . .Guts has a long range too, but only with stuff like throwing-knives and crossbow-bolts (which would merely be a minor nuisance to Goku). From having seen both series, I can say Goku probably also has a slight stamina advantage.

Goku does not have Nimbus, in answer to your question. Goku having Nimbus would just be too unfair as he could spam Guts from out-of-range forever. Let's say that right when the fight was starting, Guts managed to hit and temporarily kill/disperse it with his arm-cannon. That's why Goku is so angry at Guts. Guts reloaded the cannon while Goku was distracted, so he can use it for special techniques, although it won't make a difference against Goku directly.

Guts is quite arguably even more of a combat-genius than Goku, to be honest. He's far more than "pretty crafty too" as you say. Guts is a bona-fide supergenius at fighting. And while their respective combat and martial-arts intellegience is debatable, Guts is far more intelligent than Goku overall and tactically. At this point in their stories, Guts is also far more experienced in battle.

A direct hit from the Dragon Slayer should cut Goku in half, since all that Tier 8-A power is focused on the sharp edge of the blade. Goku's durability probably couldn't tank that. And, the Dragonslayer damages the soul, so it should weaken Goku's Ki over time even with shallow wounds. As long as Goku is in melee-range, he'll be in danger. He's not a weapons-master on the same level as Guts, so he'll have a hard time blocking the sword.

If I were to vote on this I'd likely vote inconclusive (5/10 for each). Guts can win if he keeps the fight mostly at melee-range, which is possible given his tactical genius. Goku can win if he manages to keep his distance most of the fight.

Goku 6/10 I say at this point they are even in skill goku will block with his power pole has the range of course can just spam from range guts has the haxes and close Quarters advantage. Goku has the better willpower and stamina but only by a little though. Same thing could be said for goku as he could focus his ki to give him more durability or charge his kamehameha to increase its power

Huesito88 said:
Goku 6/10 I say at this point they are even in skill goku will block with his power pole has the range of course can just spam from range guts has the haxes and close Quarters advantage. Goku has the better willpower and stamina but only by a little though. Same thing could be said for goku as he could focus his ki to give him more durability or charge his kamehameha to increase its power
I'll count your vote for Goku but I'm not sure everything you said is true. I think Guts has the superior skill/experience and stamina. Goku's battle experience only began four years ago, while Guts has been fighting to-the-death on actual battlefields for over 10 years and against monsters for over two and a half years.

I do not think Goku is nearly as good with his power-pole as Guts is with his sword. Goku is primarily a bare-handed fighter, after-all, while Guts is a true swordsman.

You think Goku has better willpower and stamina? How much of Berserk have you read? Guts has had to persevere through events so dark and brutal that any non-villain in the Dragon Ball universe would end up catatonic from witnessing them, his willpower is beyond-human. And his stamina should be higher than Goku's at this point. He once slaughtered a swarm of hundreds of flesh-eating fist-sized insect-monsters, followed by a small army of tier 9-B to low 8-C (and one Tier 8-B to 8-A with poison-abilities) monsters, then while heavily wounded and poisoned he fought a small army of human knights, followed a few hours later by a whole pack of demon-possessed dogs, all continuously for two days and nights without sleep.

Goku can't focus his Ki to a sharp edge. That's a disadvantage, nothing Goku can do can one-hit-kill Guts the way Guts' sword should be able to cut Goku in half.

The way I see this is that Goku has a major advantage due to range, but Guts has the advantage in the vast majority of other areas (one-hit-kill ability, skill/experience, at least as much stamina if not more, willpower, tactics, etc). I'm honestly inconclusive on it myself.

Back