• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Khârn the Betrayer Vs SCP-682

@Fate I already did some time ago and it was approved by Azzy, hence why its even on the profile in the first place

Sorry, but its durability stats says nothing about its essence still being as durable as an 11D being while in its sealed condition/key.

So no, not really. Make a CRT or get that in the profile. If it gets through, I'll concede. If not, it's as durable as any 3D being, regardless of its nature, because it's sealed in a 3D state of existence. It's pretty much the same as sealed Zeed, one YHVH head or Emprah's lower key.

Immortality makes it extremely difficult to kill (682's body is an incorporeal 11-Dimensional being trapped in a 3-Dimensional shell, Can be continuously brought back by the Brothers Death)

^This doesnt say 682's incorporeal body is as durable as an 11-D being? Because thats exactly what's on his profile.

No, it doesn't. It's an incorporeal 11-D trapped in a 3-D shell. Hence, unless there's anything there saying that the essence is High Complex Multiversal, then yeah, anyone 3D can kill its sealed state as long as they have enough hax for that.

11-D trapped in a 3-D shell

11-D
trapped in a 3-D shell

11-D trapped in a 3-D shell

There's literally nothing saying that it kept 11D properties or durability after being banished and sealed to a 3-D shell. Its nature doesn't matter at all. Refer to the examples given above, again.

Make a CRT or nope.

@Fate 11-D

11-D

11-D

This really isnt difficult to understand...And yes, its explicitly stated that 682's 11-D form was ripped from its original plane of existence and placed in a 3-D body. Nothing about it becoming lower dimensional in any way.

And the one who has to make a CRT is you, the change was already accepted and added some time ago. All youre doing at this point is saying he doesnt have an ability when he does.

You do realize that the thing was banished to a lower plane of existence, right?

Going by that Logic, lower key of the emperor is 1-B, sealed Zeed is Low 1-C, one YHVH head is 1-C, all keys of the Chaos Gods are also 1-B, some Dies Irae characters are 1-A in any incarnation, Tenchi Masaki is tier 0 and so on.

I'm amused at how much discussion this is generating when it's that simple.

And actually the burden of proof is on you, seeing how the High 1-C durability is not on the durability stats. That's literally your claim in a nutshell: That the essence has High 1-C durability.

Yeah, I gotta agree with Fate on this. To assume a 3-D being has 11-D durability is rather absurd, even if it's just a sealed form/shell.

Yes, it's 11-D form, or 'essence' as you call it, was placed in a 3-D shell.

Going by what logic? That characters with immortality that lets them survive damage that exceeds their durability should instead just have that durability and nothing else?

You really dont get this do you? 682 DOES NOT HAVE HIGH 1-C DURABILITY. It is an 11-D incorporeal being and it can be brought back by 11-D beings. It's not durable, it gets this through its Immortality, this is what youre not understanding. Never once did i argue that 682 has High 1-C Durability.

Darkanine said:
Yeah, I gotta agree with Fate on this. To assume a 3-D being has 11-D durability is rather absurd, even if it's just a sealed form/shell.
682 doesnt have 11-D durability though, its that level via its immortality, just like how Kharn is 20-D via his immortality. This is what you guys dont appear to understand...

It's no longer 11-D though, as it was banished to a lower plane. Furthermore, where's the proof that the Brothers Death will consistently bring him back, instead of what was confirmed to be one and done?

@Weekly No need for the caps.

And you've been arguing all this time that the essence is 11D which prevents Kharn from killing it due to, well, being 11D. It's legit the same thing and the only way that it could prevent Kharn from winning this, as the supposed resurrection gets negated by Khorne's blessing.

So no, I am not strawmanning at all, which is what your reply is implying. Even Cal and Matt argued that - the 11D thing - was your point before I even brought that up. Yesterday I took it at face value and said it had 11D durability - you did not tell me that I was wrong, or that you "never said that" until now. In fact, up to your previous response, you were claiming time and again about the 11D point: You went as far as saying that there's no reason why it wouldn't be legitimate.

I get it alright, from the beginning. You already had agreed that it wouldn't be brought back because Khorne would get in the way of that and Khorne is 20/21D compared to the Brothers 11D, as well as the fact that said immortality was pointed out (not just by me) as being vague and, when I asked if it had ever been used to bring SCP-682, the 3D being used in this match back, there was no proof whatsoever.

So yes, I have complete understanding of what has been debated in this thread up until now.

And, since you just agreed that it indeed does not have High 1-C durability, Kharn just kills it anyways, the Universe blows up, Kharn gets resurrected by Khorne and wins the match.

It is though, it's explicitly stated that his 11-D form was placed in a 3-D body. They bring him back to keep him from experiencing paradise and to keep him out of the army of the dead, I already explained this part earlier in the thread

@Fate The essence is 11-D, the body is 3-D, bo more, no less, no different. The 3-D body does not have 11-D durability like you guys seem to think for some reason. Khorne nullifies the Brothers aspect of 682s immortality but Kharn has no way to kill 682s 11-D essence.

The essence is trapped in a 3-D shell, banished to a lower plane of existence. That is the SCP-682 we have here. Hence, anyone 3D can kill it anyways, granted that they have enough hax for that.

If you say "No they can't because it's 11D" then it's exact the same as claiming that the essence has High 1-C durability. Since you already admitted that not to be the case, Kharn wins.

I'm certain the discussion has been settled - and not all of this was derailing, considering that this was the last remaining point that needed to be settled before knowing whether it was Inconclusive or Kharn's win.

Brothers Death aren't even mentioned, it's never stated he's banned from death, and it's stated twice that his resistances are temporary, albeit not all of them, and we don't know which ones are which, though it's implied that small scale stuff like small firearms are the things that are permanent.

"Traits: Summer's Exile is an adaptive shapeshifter, changing form to respond to outside stimuli. They gain power in direct proportion to the power exerted upon them3. Once sufficient time has passed, most of their adaptations are lost, but their body never ceases changing."

"The Jailors continually subject Summer's Exile to attempts to kill it. This is strongly recommended against, for exposing Summer's Exile to more power will usually only increase its power, and not all its immunities wear off after time7." (There's a note attached to this on, which is where I get that implication from)

"7. For instance, during the Exile's first six attempts to escape Jailor custody, small arms fire was sufficient to hurt them enough to allow for re-capture. This has since ceased to be viable, forcing the Jailors to go to greater and greater lengths to keep the Exile caged."

Can't exactly provide quote of a lack of information tho...

Gonna go with inconclusive. Khorne probs won't let 682 adapt, but there is no was in hell Kharn is killing 682 with that dura.

I was gonna say the Brothers Death were gonna bring 682 back, but then I realized Khorne is like 1-B, while the brothers are High 1-C.

I just have this image in my head where the brothers try to bring 682 back to life and then Khorne puts his hand on All-Death's shoulder and just shakes his head.

Im just sitting here wondering why no one has brought up the fact that 682 has a resistance to power nullification...

And how no one has brought up how Kharn is going to kill 682's incorporeal body once his physical body is destroyed.

Back