• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse Discussion Thread Omega/2

Granted, we only know that Carlos possibly has Kuroki/Agito level Foresight and was the former unmatched champion of the boxing world.

Who knows how he'll handle Gaolongs Muay Thai/Boxing style.

I know I'm kinda jumpin the shark here a bit, but when can we expect a profile for old El Diablo? Based on the first bit of the fight, I doubt either boxer will go down too easy, so the move to a new site will hopefully be done by the time the fight finishes, making the profile creation a bit simpler. I'm super excited about potential matches for both Purgatory fighters and Neo-Kengan fighters

Well so far Carlos has been able to blitz and injure 2 Fang level opponents, so that is a good place to start in terms of scaling

That was my thinking as well. Just based on the 1 chapter he's had devoted to him so far alone, he scales to Yumigahama and Gaolang in AP, possibly even to Gensai based on Ohma's statement, though that remains to be seen for sure, and he scales fairly high above both Yumi and Gao in speed

Ohma's statement refers to just the fact that he is so strong that he became lonely

Regardless, I think we should wait for the fight to end at least

Right, even if the statement were about their comparable strengths, it's just 1 statement and speculation at that

Of course, I mean, if Gao wins, Carlos would scale to or below him, and if he wins, he'll probably scale to or above Gao

If he loses it doesn't mean he should be scaled below Gaolang. Julius is stronger than Wakatsuki, but he lost that fight anyway. If Gao wins, I think it will be that way, with tricks.

See, this is a bit tricky, since Julius is a brute force fighter and Waka is a Karateka, but both Gao and Carlos are boxers. There are things like skill, strength, speed, endurance, etc to take into consideration, but I don't see this being a Julius v Wakatsuki kind of situation personally

That was just an example where the winner of a fight wasn't necessarily stronger than the defeated. I never said it was the same situation. Having say that, I only see Gaolang winning if he use some tactics and tricks because it's likely clear that his adversary is stronger and faster. For example, he could start to use clinches from Muay Thai to win this fight or something after seeing he will not be able to win with his fists.

Yeah, it makes me kinda of sad to say, but not only is Carlos stated to be a better boxer via ranking, but Carlos has even shown to be a better boxer. Gao's gunna need that Muay Thai clinch

Exactly. Ah, I can't wait for the release of the chapter. I also wonder who's going to be the fighters of the next match once this fight is over.

So, Carlos and Gao are going to trade hits for a bit, Gao then realizes he's on the losing side in a straightforward boxing match and so he will have to use all his other techniques.

That is what could happen, yes. If not, Gao developed a some Blast Core-like technique, his own killer ace in the hole.

Best part of Kengan is that I never know what to expect

You'd imagine that since Carlos was the first to bust out his trump card is talking smack, he's destined to lose.

But you gotta remember that Sandrovich likes to flips things around on us. This is the same manga where the power of love gets its neck snapped, the MCs rivals get taken down by side characters, and plot armor is thick as paper.

My money is on Carlos winning, but I really want Gao to win, he's one of my favorite characters, and I don't really know Carlos that well

I'm actually willing to bet that Gaolang sticks to boxing the whole fight to show the other fighters what "conviction" means.

He may or may not lose, but he'll prove that he stood true to boxing even if it cost him the fight.

If he wins, then he established himself as the best boxer in verse and that he has the best conviction.

If he loses, he still has his pride in the fact that he never strayed from his path and that Carlos could only beat him via using boxing and capeoria(?)

I don´t think gao will loose, he only fought 2 times in ashura, and lost in one of them, if any high tier is loosing, it´s probably wakatsuki

After last chapter, I don't see Gaolang losing now. It was clarified that Carlos is faster, but not stronger than Gaolang due to his weight. On top of that, he's also less resistant to hits for the same reason. Yeah, probably Carlos is more skilled, but it looks like Gao can close the skill and speed gap with foresight, and to win he only needs some clean hits, as Carlos is weaker in the durability deparment. Unless Carlos' capoeira (?) bring with it one of those crazy techniques like heart jab, blast core or the like, the mexican fighter will loose hopelessly, but maybe only due to being many weight class below his adversary.

It's true, it's true. Apparently it has some kind of durability negation, damage boost or something like that. We'll see next chapter!

I doubt it's some durability negation. I think it's just the sheer force of a kick. Carlos just massively upped his evasion since Capoeira is very very hard to predict and for someone like Gaolang he needs to use everything.

I'm sure Gaolang wins but anything can happen

I'm willing to bet that if it looks like Gaolang is gonna lose, we're gonna hear a "YYYYAAAAAAAAAAA" coming from the audience.

Gaolang will look over to see you know who, who'll be tapping his noggin to let Gaolang know what he has to do.

And the last thing Carlos will hear is HAMMER OF BURMA

Totally forgot we backed this up.

So we have a lot of work to do for the verse.

* Demonsbane needs to be recalculated

* Lifting strength CRT ( Class 15 iirc, they should be scaling to 15 tons.)

* Ohma's Iron Breaker was bumped to an even higher degree than Saw's Hammer

* Julius and Waka shaking the dome needs to be calculated.

Dayum Miasasa is strong as shit if he was able to do that to Yumi. Even Lolong stated he couldn't beat him easily, which speaks volumes for the 8th Fangs strength.

Misasa really bullied and stomped Yumi hard. He heavily damaged Yumi's neck too. I wonder if it doesn't make him paralyzed for the rest of the his life. however it was a well suited end for him.

The last chapter was insane. I liked it a lot. Yumi got what he deserved.
Now that people are talking about some editions and CRT and stuff, after rereading all Muteba's fights, I believe he shouldn't entirely scale to Wakatsuki.

Back