• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma vs Naofumi

2) If you think Massively Hypersonic and Relativistic is too high, then you must not believe the lightning speed and light speed statements kek. It's actually funny because Takt's light attack, which is kinda portrayed to be like a light-speed feat, doesn't fit our SOL standards (It bends, is a physical attack, and has nothing else going for it except being called a beam of light). But the High Priest's judgement does meet the standards, actually like 3 of them...4 if you count the burning instead of combusting thing; which would make Takt's beam FTL.
Well, lightning doesn't all move at the same speeds, and takes the path of least resistance in the air, if it's firing straight it wouldn't retain the same speed.

There is also the magic lightning =/= real lightning thing and all that.

With the Judgement attack, none of them realistically had to react to that, Filo could tell something was coming well before it did, which isn't reaction and more precognition. All Naofumi had to do was stand there and brace for it.

3) It's incapable of leaving him because it's attached to his arm. It can still be transported or teleported away from him, as evidence by Takt doing exactly that. Although Takt also had a way to keep control of it and actually use it. Kazuma likely doesn't.
I still have doubts about him being able to take something like that, but that could be my lack of knowledge on Konosuba.

I'll unequal speed to make this more fair.
Fair, Peak Human to Superhuman isn't a large gap either way.

Btw Kazuma's weapons are possibly 9-B. So this match is fair either way.
I'll have to put it into a blog, but the result of the calculation was 0.003 tons, which would be 9-B+, at that point the only fair thing would be allowing Dynamite usage.
Also, I'm going to try and find the scan of him holding down the huge hydra monster with his bind, it would def incap someone with "superhuman" LS.
It isn't strictly an LS thing but also an AP thing, the Shield actively destroyed the tentacle vines that were binding Naofumi.

The hydra would likely be 9-A or 8-C through sheer size... eee I can't find it lol

The hydra would likely be 9-A or 8-C through sheer size... eee I can't find it lol
Tier via size is lame you dork, especially if I restrict your muscle movement good luck actually using that AP. 🔨

Well, lightning doesn't all move at the same speeds, and takes the path of least resistance in the air, if it's firing straight it wouldn't retain the same speed.

There is also the magic lightning =/= real lightning thing and all that.

With the Judgement attack, none of them realistically had to react to that, Filo could tell something was coming well before it did, which isn't reaction and more precognition. All Naofumi had to do was stand there and brace for it.

Well, I don't think our standards would be that high as far as LN Lightning is concerned. We give all lightning a standard speed, the standards themselves have less to do with different speeds of lightning as it does different speeds of electricity. As an electric attack is not considered lightning speed without evidence. However attacks like lightning arrow are literally called bolts of lightning in the primary source material (That being the LN).

And as far as judgement is concerned, Naofumi reacted to it several times throughout the course of the fight with the priest, not just that once. The way it's described, he was even fast enough to move his arm to raise his shield while it was flying towards him.

Last edited:
And as far as judgement is concerned, Naofumi reacted to it several times throughout the course of the fight with the priest, not just that once. The way it's described, he was even fast enough to move his arm to raise his shield while it was flying towards him.
I thought Judgement had only been used once the entire fight? And that required him build up several layers of defenses to help stop?

I thought Judgement had only been used once the entire fight? And that required him build up several layers of defenses to help stop?
Nah. He used it a few times. And the reason why Naofumi could defend against it without piling on a bunch of shields was because of how good Shield Of Wrath's defensive stats are.

I give up on trying to find the scan, it's somewhere in volume 7 of the manga which I can't find anywhere online oof

Anyway, disregarding that... Kazuma should still have a fair chance given his tendency to range spam + steal. He could get an annoying technique going where he steals the shield and spams him from afar.

Nah. He used it a few times. And the reason why Naofumi could defend against it without piling on a bunch of shields was because of how good Shield Of Wrath's defensive stats are.
You may have to forgive me because my knowledge is primarily the Anime, I haven't had the opportunity to review anything else.

I give up on trying to find the scan, it's somewhere in volume 7 of the manga which I can't find anywhere online oof

Anyway, disregarding that... Kazuma should still have a fair chance given his tendency to range spam + steal. He could get an annoying technique going where he steals the shield and spams him from afar.
Eh, I'm ultimately skeptical at how well this will work, something like this would easily but shut down with using Shield Prison a single time and letting balloons munch on him for a bit, even if he can take the shield, for how long? A few seconds? Depending on where he is this may not do much.

Depends on how the shield works.

Has it ever been taken off before? If so, would it come back? Could he simply get it back by switching to a new shield?

Depends on how the shield works.

Has it ever been taken off before? If so, would it come back? Could he simply get it back by switching to a new shield?
A legendary weapon has a soul of its own and actively chooses to stay by its hero's side. That is to say that unless you have some way to forcibly control the weapon and prevent it from returning, they would just go back. Later on Naofumi learns how to break that control anyway, but this version can't do that.

With a soul of their own they are technically their own entity, would Kazuma even be able to steal something like that in this case?

Takt was a Vassal Wielder and had a special power of his own to be able to steal legendary weapons, I'm unsure if it's the same thing.

A second is all he needs. Just going to mention his arrows are going to be subsonic, so Naofumi could have a pretty hard time getting past a barrage of them considering they are 100%~ accuracy, especially if he doesn't have his shield for even a moment.

Kazuma has shown to steal pretty much anything: Heads, weapons, items, panties, etc...

Kazuma has Drained enough mana from a hydra that it was having a hard time regenerating I doubt that naofumi has more mana than a hydra

No, he can use the dynamites. I won't restrict it since there's a chance Naofumi won't even be affected by it lol

The hydra that I mentioned wasn't just any weak monster with a powerful name it took all the adventurers from beginners town's combined efforts to take that thing down and despite being the residents of beginners town those adventurers are not beigneers

yeah the hydra is the size of Kazuma's mansion...

Can kazuma steal naofumi's shield via steal he most likely can't but still asking
No. Legendary weapons are attached to the summoned hero. Even if Naofumi himself decides to throw away the shield, it will just come back to him somehow. He describes it as 'some sort of curse' something like that

Also, Naofumi's attack is considerably weaker than the rest of the cardinal heroes (due to him specializing in defense), but he has himself said that he can kill a grown man in one punch. And also since his defense is considerably high, even if Kazuma manages to, for example, use a dynamite, he can block it with his skills like Air Strike Shield and then using the distraction, trap him in Shield Prison and keep him pinned until he knocks out Kazuma.

Also, Naofumi's attack is considerably weaker than the rest of the cardinal heroes (due to him specializing in defense), but he has himself said that he can kill a grown man in one punch. And also since his defense is considerably high, even if Kazuma manages to, for example, use a dynamite, he can block it with his skills like Air Strike Shield and then using the distraction, trap him in Shield Prison and keep him pinned until he knocks out Kazuma.
I would love to argue but this thread is necro

Back