• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma vs Naofumi

Naofumi that shield is way better than anything kazuma has

Last edited:
Btw Kazuma does have the advantage of ranged weapons, swords, and magic abilities. All Shield Hero has is the shield and his 9-C fist.

Naofumi has the durability advantage but kazuma's speed is better and also drain touch so yeah kazuma fra

I am currently planning on upgrading Naofumi's durability to 9-B during the Second Wave, but I'll try to argue this now as it is relevant currently.

During the Second Wave, Naofumi would be using the Shield Prison and Air Strike Shield skills, one of which could lock Kazuma in a ball until he's ready to continue and the other projects a shield he can use offensively (vs. Motoyasu) and defensively, combined with the forcefield the shield can project around his body he's pretty covered in the defense department.

However, around during this arc he would also have Dog Bite and the Chimera Viper shield, both of which retaliate with attacks when struck and the latter poisoning the target as a result.

Having not watched Konosuba, I'm curious as to what answers Kazuma has for these?

I am currently planning on upgrading Naofumi's durability to 9-B during the Second Wave, but I'll try to argue this now as it is relevant currently.

During the Second Wave, Naofumi would be using the Shield Prison and Air Strike Shield skills, one of which could lock Kazuma in a ball until he's ready to continue and the other projects a shield he can use offensively (vs. Motoyasu) and defensively, combined with the forcefield the shield can project around his body he's pretty covered in the defense department.

However, around during this arc he would also have Dog Bite and the Chimera Viper shield, both of which retaliate with attacks when struck and the latter poisoning the target as a result.

Having not watched Konosuba, I'm curious as to what answers Kazuma has for these?
Kazuma is faster than naofumi and kazuma doesn't fight fair he uses cheap tricks he can bfr naofumi if needs be or he can rely on his lurk skill to hide his presence and then use drain touch to knock naofumi out drain touch has shown to knock out several guards pretty quickly he can also play it safe by sniping naofumi from afar because of his insane luck chances of him missing are low also kazuma has escape as one of his skills

Kazuma is faster than naofumi and kazuma doesn't fight fair he uses cheap tricks he can bfr naofumi if needs be
He doesn't have BFR in this key, he also isn't faster because speed is equalized here. (Although I'd argue that isn't completely necessary)

he can rely on his lurk skill to hide his presence and then use drain touch to knock naofumi out drain touch has shown to knock out several guards pretty quickly
Alert Shield can give him the heads up on this, Naofumi also has much higher tolerance to things than other heroes due to being purely defensive based, knocking out a few guards wouldn't be much of a comparison.

Not that this matters much, as he can protect himself through a forcefield.
he can also play it safe by sniping naofumi from afar because of his insane luck chances of him missing are low also kazuma has escape as one of his skills
Surely he won't miss, but chances of doing actual damage will be really low, forcefields and defense skills will prevent this.

He doesn't have BFR in this key, he also isn't faster because speed is equalized here. (Although I'd argue that isn't completely necessary)

Alert Shield can give him the heads up on this, Naofumi also has much higher tolerance to things than other heroes due to being purely defensive based, knocking out a few guards wouldn't be much of a comparison.

Surely he won't miss, but chances of doing actual damage will be really low, forcefields and defense skills will prevent this.
Can kazuma steal naofumi's shield via steal he most likely can't but still asking

Actually just having high defence won't protect him from drain touch he will need high mana and vitality for that

I don't find 9-B unbelievable for them. After all, Naofumi has the weakest attack power out of everyone, and at BOS at like level 2 he thinks he's strong enough to kill a grown man with a single punch.

From my experience reading it, it was just that by the time 9-B feats started showing up, they were already blown out the water by other feats.

Now as far as the match goes. I don't know much about Kazuma, but steal may work. it may at least leave Naofumi without a shield for a quick second before it goes back to him.

I don't find 9-B unbelievable for them. After all, Naofumi has the weakest attack power out of everyone, and at BOS at like level 2 he thinks he's strong enough to kill a grown man with a single punch.

From my experience reading it, it was just that by the time 9-B feats started showing up, they were already blown out the water by other feats.

Now as far as the match goes. I don't know much about Kazuma, but steal may work. it may at least leave Naofumi without a shield for a quick second before it goes back to him.
That's enough time for kazuma to snipe him(maybe not most likely not)or just go nuts with drain touch

Monsters during this wave were falling from the sky and where they were falling from operated within the cloud layer and were subsequently one-shot by Raphtalia, who at this period would be weaker than the heroes that could fight offensively, and Naofumi was severely under-leveled for the duel with Motoyasu.

I do think the speed feats may be blown out of proportion though.

I don't know, the shield is kind of incapable of leaving Naofumi, it's very much etched onto him, so much so that stealing it as he slept would likely be impossible. He couldn't even reject it himself.

Monsters during this wave were falling from the sky and where they were falling from operated within the cloud layer and were subsequently one-shot by Raphtalia, who at this period would be weaker than the heroes that could fight offensively, and Naofumi was severely under-leveled for the duel with Motoyasu.

I don't know, the shield is kind of incapable of leaving Naofumi, it's very much etched onto him, so much so that stealing it as he slept would likely be impossible. He couldn't even reject it himself.
Kazuma's steal works telekinetically though it's gives him whatever the opponent considers valuable instantly and about drain touch high defence isn't really gonna help

Kazuma's steal works telekinetically though it's gives him whatever the opponent considers valuable instantly and about drain touch high defence isn't really gonna help
If it works telekinetically it won't work, it will just pull Naofumi with it or worst case not work at all.

Drain Touch works through draining Life Force, which Naofumi would have lots of by comparison to the guards Kazuma would have been draining.

If it works telekinetically it won't work, it will just pull Naofumi with it or worst case not work at all.

Drain Touch works through draining Life Force, which Naofumi would have lots of by comparison to the guards Kazuma would have been draining.
It's more of teleportation just look up a clip about steal and drain touch drains the hp and mana of the person unless naofumi has an high amount of those he will get knocked out quickly and the guards that kazuma drained were from royal castle so they should be pretty formidable and even if he does not Knock out naofumi he will certainly be able to weaken him

It's more of teleportation just look up a clip about steal
Either or, I don't think it's likely he can steal the shield at all.

drain touch drains the hp and mana of the person unless naofumi has an high amount of those he will get knocked out quickly and the guards that kazuma drained were from royal castle so they should be pretty formidable and even if he does not Knock out naofumi he will certainly be able to weaken him
He would, in fact, he'd probably have the most of the four Cardinal Heroes, knocking him out would take awhile. It's not like he instantly knocked out a less durable Glass when he stole her life force with the Soul Eater Shield in the Fourth Wave.

Even then, that is if Kazuma can actually touch him, which Naofumi has the skills to prevent.

A rope made out of Mythril that darkness can't break free from
Can't really use your strength if you have no ability to exert yourself, Naofumi wouldn't have this issue here and can use Shield Prison on himself if need be.

Their 9-A also isn't even calculated so I can only assume it's baseline.

EDIT: Watching what little I could find of the ability, it doesn't look as if she even tried to break out of it.

Can't really use your strength if you have no ability to exert yourself, Naofumi wouldn't have this issue here and can use Shield Prison on himself if need be.

EDIT: Watching what little I could find of the ability, it doesn't look as if she even tried to break out of it.
Oh I was talking about in the ln where he upgrade the rope to mythril rope he has tied a high ranking devil alongside darkness with that rope Here

Here kazuma using drain touch on an orc Here he also made an manticore afraid of his drain touch and he restrainted an hydra with an steel rope powered bind which is weaker than mythril rope

He also knocked the guards out the moment they touched his hands Here

and the giant monster?
Doesn't have a profile, but it can restrain Raphtalia, who would have stronger physicals than Naofumi, just a lot less durability.
Oh I was talking about in the ln where he upgrade the rope to mythril rope he has tied a high ranking devil alongside darkness with that rope Here
Isn't Darkness masochistic and perverted, making her inclined to not resist?

Here kazuma using drain touch on an orc Here he also made an manticore afraid of his drain touch and he restrained an hydra with an steel rope powered bind which is weaker than mythril rope
I don't know how strong or durable these things are, I also don't know what key these feats would belong to.

He also knocked the guards out the moment they touched his hands Here
He needs to actually touch Naofumi for this, and Naofumi wouldn't go down instantly.

Doesn't have a profile, but it can restrain Raphtalia, who would have stronger physicals than Naofumi, just a lot less durability.

Isn't Darkness masochistic and perverted, making her inclined to not resist?

I don't know how strong or durable these things are, I also don't know what key these feats would belong to.
Bind has been mentioned in the first key so there and darkness has been strained by bind several times and there are times she has struggled the main point of me showing that feat was the to shed the light towards the high ranking demon who has the similar rank as vanir

Bind has been mentioned in the first key so there
I know it has but I'm specifically asking about the feats mentioned because anything with Darkness is hard to take seriously because of how she acts.
If steal works touching will be easy
But I've already talked about why it's highly unlikely that it will.

I know it has but I'm specifically asking about the feats mentioned because anything with Darkness is hard to take seriously because of how she acts.

But I've already talked about why it's highly unlikely that it will.
the giant monster

Well, a few things.

1) I can see 9-B via that. Since although the manga and LN aren't clear on the height they fall from, the anime would justify it.

2) If you think Massively Hypersonic and Relativistic is too high, then you must not believe the lightning speed and light speed statements kek. It's actually funny because Takt's light attack, which is kinda portrayed to be like a light-speed feat, doesn't fit our SOL standards (It bends, is a physical attack, and has nothing else going for it except being called a beam of light). But the High Priest's judgement does meet the standards, actually like 3 of them...4 if you count the burning instead of combusting thing; which would make Takt's beam FTL.

3) It's incapable of leaving him because it's attached to his arm. It can still be transported or teleported away from him, as evidence by Takt doing exactly that. Although Takt also had a way to keep control of it and actually use it. Kazuma likely doesn't.

I'll unequal speed to make this more fair.

Btw Kazuma's weapons are possibly 9-B. So this match is fair either way.

Also, I'm going to try and find the scan of him holding down the huge hydra monster with his bind, it would def incap someone with "superhuman" LS.

Back