• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou Minor Downgrade

Well, the 8-A rating only comes from his biggest and most powerful ice attack. It's not something that anyone should scale to IMO.

For his fire to be as strong as his 8-A Great Ice Wall... I'm also doubtful.

@Damage

The thing is, Todoroki was using his maximum firepower against Deku. I don't think him using his ice and fire at the same time at full throttle is going to be weaker than his strongest ice attack.

That's why he's 8-A with that one attack but his normal attacks are much weaker.

That's just an assumption and it doesn't answer how Chisaki is able to withstand those attacks.

@Therefir

How is it an assumption when Deku was goading him into using his full power the entire time?

It's entirely possible that Chisaki surviving One for All 100% is PIS given that Mirio was able to beat him to a bloody pulp earlier.

The thing is, we're assuming that his first use of fire in combat against Deku during the Sports fest is as strong as his Great Ice Wall attack. Now, is it...? Possibly.

Deku did want Todoroki to go all out during combat but there's a difference between using his fire side at all in combat (so not holding back on using half his power) or going full-blast with his fire side in some kind of pyrokinetic version of his Great Ice Wall attack.

There is no feat, you are just scaling Todoroki's ice feat to his fire for no reason, Deku using his full power doesn't mean anything, there are far more examples of Ofa 100% being far weaker than 8-A, like his fight against Muscular and Chisaki.

@Reppuzan But he didn't even land a single good hit on him , he should only have 8-A durability.

@Therefir

It's the single strongest Quirk in the entire series. It's not odd for it to be scaled to Izuku's higher feats over his lower feats.

Yes, he did use both ice and fire. But it's the fire part of his attack that's being questioned. (Also the feat is greatly enhanced in the anime compared to the manga).

His fire blast being as powerful his super ice move is debatable. Not holding back in the fight just means not holding himself back to only using his ice side. By using both ice and fire he wasn't 'holding back' but that doesn't mean his fire attack was his most powerful attack possible.

@Andy

I don't mind not scaling Chisaki at all to be frank, since it contradicts the fact that Mirio was beating the everloving crap out of him.

@Damage

There's still no indication that he wasn't giving it his all when his clothes were wrecked and Izuku was using absolute 100%.

He outright says, "whatever happens after this, I don't care."

He's being 100% reckless and going full throttle.

You have not given any proof that his fire is comparable to the Giant Ice Wall.

@Therefir

I don't see why his maximum output would be inferior to his Ice Wall, which is also his maximum output.

You're ignoring blatant scaling.

Did Todoroki say the fire blast was his maximum output?

@Damage

Never directly, but he outright says that he doesn't care what happens, indicating that he doesn't care about the consequences or potential injury his next attack will cause him.

You're ignoring consistence, Deku's 100% have demonstrated being far weaker than 8-A, therefore we can't just assume that his max fire is comparable to his max ice.

Also, the Giant Ice Wall can't really destroy anything, it just mcb because of his size, how the fire scales to that?

@Therefir

So you're saying that the single most powerful Quirk in the series should be less powerful because it has lower feats?

We use the highest feats and having multiple Tier 8 feats simply means that 8-A is not an outlier.

Creation = output. It's a basic tenet on this wiki that it takes a hell of a lot more energy to create something than to destroy something.

You're still strawmanning.

Reppuzan said:
@Damage

Never directly, but he outright says that he doesn't care what happens, indicating that he doesn't care about the consequences or potential injury his next attack will cause him.
He doesn't care what happens =/ His fire is comparable to his ice.

@Therefir

Your complete inability to read subtext is mind-boggling.

He doesn't care what happens because he's being completely reckless. He's thrown restraint out the window to go all out against Deku.

@Reppuzan doesn't strawman mean deliberately misrepresenting someone's opinion? I don't see how Therefir is doing that.

Right now, I don't have any problems with 8-A 100% Deku and Todoroki. Though their physical statistics will likely need revising.

Would repeatedly being compared to Allmight in power be proper additional justification for 8-A?

Why we threat Chisaki and Muscular as an outlier?

So every single villain who can survive a 100% punch, and can be damaged by other heroes, is going to be treated as an outlier?

Also, if it wasn't for this feat, All Might and AFO would be technically weaker than Deku 100% and Todoroki, because the second best feat is like 450 tons or something for AM and AFO's clash.

I obviously want to Deku to be stronger, but considering his feats, he is not 2.6 times weaker than AFO's casual feat, he is far, far weaker.

Andytrenom said:
Would repeatedly being compared to Allmight in power be proper additional justification for 8-A?
They compared Deku's speed with All Might's speed, but not his power.

I think we can leave Deku's max power and Todoroki's max power as they are for now. They're not the focus of this revision.

Now, I'll start work on a list of profiles that need revising and which areas need revising and I'll post it here so see what people think.

Anyway we can discuss this later, Todoroki and Deku's 8-A keys are useless and can't be used in battles, so for now is not a priority.

So... I'm a bit stuck on what Aizawa's AP / durability should be now.

Mt. Lady I'm inclined to say she's High 8-C when using her Quirk, and she has good reason to be with her stomping feat against the large warehouse.

Kamui Woods should probably be either 8-C or High 8-C since he was about to restrain a giant villain using his Quirk but he doesn't have any durability feats too. High 8-C may be fine.

I'm in favor of bumping Gran Torino down to High 8-C or 8-C for his feat against the Noumu. That Noumu doesn't appear as strong as the one facing the other heroes, and the other heroes themselves don't appear that strong either.

The lifting strength for the heroes is kinda baseless as 'Class 5' and could do with being kept as just 'Superhuman' unless they have feats.

Power Loader's rating needs it to be mentioned that he used a special piece of equipment to do the feat. His durability shouldn't match that.

Those are the changes for the pro-heroes. I don't think Endeavour's needs changing unless anyone can think of a good reason.

Summary:

Mt. Lady: High 8-C

Kamui Woods: 8-C or High 8-C

Gran Torino: High 8-C

Power Loader: Possibly 8-B with equipment, unknown ordinarily

Pro Heroes in general: Superhuman lifting strength, not Class 5

Aizawa: 8-C?

He uses a big mech suit in the anime; not his Quirk.

Back