• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou Minor Downgrade

Yeah, while not matter the tier, the clash would not scale to Deku's and Shoto's durability, they being 9-A to 8-C and taking the power of a 8-A clash is some big ass bs

So, the mayority of students would be downgraded to 9-B/9-B+ physically scaling from quirkless Deku, and using their quirks they would be 9-A+ to 8-C scaling from Deku's finger flicks.

Using their Quirks doesn't always increase their AP or durability, depends on who it is.

EDIT: For example, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu get obvious AP & durability buffs when using their Qurik.

Tsuyu is somebody who is always using her Qurik she doesn't change much. Same for Shouji and Ojiro.

Tokoyami clearly has his normal physical stats, and also the stats of Dark Shadow.

Aoyama has his physical stats, and gets an AP boost with his Quirk, but not necessarily a durability boost, etc.

can someone summarize whats happening for me?

are we honestly attempting to downgrade Bakugou below High 8-C

thats what im getting but i could be reading wrong here.

Shadowbokunohero said:
can someone summarize whats happening for me?
are we honestly attempting to downgrade Bakugou below High 8-C

thats what im getting but i could be reading wrong here.
No, we're not trying to downgrade Bakugou below High 8-C. We're recognizing that Bakugou's attacks are not always High 8-C or above, so this affects scaling for a few characters.

Several characters may be downgraded back to 9-B or 9-A.

Certain pro-heroes will need to be downgraded and re-evaluated as well.

Well, there still be a couple characters above 8-A at least.

I don't see why we'd downgrade the 8-A ratings.

One For All and Shouto's Half-Fire Half-Ice are clearly leagues above the rest of the class in raw power.

I don't think anyone was trying to downgrade the 8-A ratings? I may have missed something in the thread though.

EDIT: Oh the Todoroki and Deku stuff. Forgot about that. Yeah, they shoudn't be downgraded unless there was a reason to.

Knight said rip 8-A MHA so I assumed the worst.

We should only really be affecting students and non-physical quirk based Pro Heroes.

Agreed. I think Aiden is working on a CRT featuring some calcs that he's had in reserve but I don't know when it will be made.

If it helps, I can create a provisional list of profiles that I think will be affected (including reasons why) and post them here later. Oh, and though you didn't explicitely mention them, some villains will be affected as well based off of scaling from certain Pro Heroes.

@Reppuzan Why Deku 100% is 8-A? How he scales from Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall?

@Therefir

He's comparable to Todoroki's maximum output (Giant Ice Wall) and has multiple Tier 8 feats.

Well then, I suppose there is no problem with that 8-A Deku, since in the anime Todoroki's fire vaporize the Giant Ice Wall in like 3 seconds.

But how Chisaki withstood a punch and a shockwave of Deku 100%?

He had amped himself up considerably by fusing with his subordinates.

Plus, it's not like it's unheard of (i.e. Deku vs Muscular).

Deku punches Chisaki's body directly at the end of the fight, and that subordinate is only 8-C with the downgrades.

Deku's 100% is good, but not on All Might's level yet. Being unable to 1-Hit K.O muscular in his defensive form or Chisaki is his heavily amped form is plausible.

Plus, it's not like he had much trouble with Chisaki anyway. As soon as he had 100% free to use, he basically mopped the floor with him and knocked him all over the place.

Reppuzan said:
@Therefir

He's comparable to Todoroki's maximum output (Giant Ice Wall) and has multiple Tier 8 feats.
Once again, where is this stated...?

Hmm. I think you have a point Therefir. Deku's 100% attacks haven't been used against Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall and I can't remember if there was a statement about their power outputs being compared.

EDIT: His punches are easily 8-B since the shockwave from his uppercut blasted straight through multiple floors of a tall building, and he's had plenty of other impressive feats to. Can't remember if any were 8-A level or not.

I don't think Deku used 100% against Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall, did he? I may be misremembering it. I thought he only used 100% finger flicks against Todoroki's smaller ice formations.

Yes, I saw the Sports Festival Arc and Deku 100% only clashed with Todoroki's fire.

He goaded Shouto into using his maximum output. That's my point. Their sheer firepower was so ridiculous that Midnight and Cementoss tried to intervene.

Well, I don't have a problem with Deku being 8-A anyway in terms of AP. I just didn't remember him clashing with Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall.

Then Stain is 8-A by being not instantly vaporized by Todoroki's fire, base chisaki is 8-A because he can withstand 8-A attacks:

0157-005
0158-016

I don't use the "He had amped himself up considerably by fusing with his subordinates" argument because his face is clearly not protected by the body of his subordinate (Who is not even High 8-C)

Damage3245 said:
Well, I don't have a problem with Deku being 8-A anyway in terms of AP. I just didn't remember him clashing with Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall.
And Todoroki used his Giant Ice Wall against a 9-B/9-A being... but they are not pulverized or anything.

Todoroki used his Giant Ice Wall only against Sero and Aizawa I believe.

In Sero's case, he was seemingly engulfed in only a small portion of the ice.

For Aizawa, he was never hit by it at all.

Todoroki's fire (while I'm not sure if it is 8-A in the first place) definitely wasn't 8-A when he used it against Stain. He can control the output of his attacks. Hence why not every single ice blast is 8-A either.

Andytrenom said:
Ice blast?
Well... ice creation. I used blast figuratively since he obviously isn't exploding ice into existence.

Todoroki's fire have a High 8-C calc, which is consistent with the majority of Deku's 100% calcs.

I'm still doubtful about 8-A Todoroki

And I know, he is the strongest Class 1-A, but seriously, his level is just TOO high

Back