• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katarina Du Coteau vs Akame Ga Kill!

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Katarina pic
Akame ga kill

The Sinister Blade takes on the Akame Ga Kill! verse in a gauntlet. She is in character, has no prior knowledge of the characters, has access to every ability and her starting/essential items, and is fully rested and has everything restored after every fight. Does she clear? If not, who stops her?

Mmm... does this count in LoL gameplay mechanics?

If yes, i don't see why she wouldn't be able to mass freeze with Zhonya's Hourglass, and she should be much faster than what she is on her page atm, since she's a peer of Swain and a foe of Garen and Lux.

Zhonya's Hourglass only puts herself in stasis, not anyone else. And just a heads up (so this doesn't turn into a LoL speed revision thread) if you think she should be faster could you please bring it up here?

Akame Ga Kill should win. Esdeath (Time Stop), Mine (MCB to Small City level) , Akame (One Hit Kill), Syura (City level) should be able to beat her espically with all the other Akame Ga Kill characters in this fight.

Except that:

a. Katarina can make herself immune to damage with the Zhonya's Hourglass, and while this only lasts a few seconds those are seconds in real-time, so the effect shouldn't wear off during Esdeath's time-stop.

b. Mine still only has Building level Durability. Katarina has MCB level AP and can teleport so she would likely be able to take out Mine before she can reach max danger mode.

c. Kat has better reflexes and can still teleport.

d. The only reason Syura's Teigu is considered City level was because he placed a rediculous amount of portals around the Capital over time and was going to teleport it into an active volcano. In battle all he really does is use them to catch opponents off guard and attempt to BRF them every now and then.

The Hourglass was made from the Shifting Sands of Shrumia, the same thing that Zilean uses to alter time, there's nothing suggesting that ZH can't stop time on a larger scale.

In fact, it's suggested that items are toned down in the LoL Fights, because of the restrictions placed.

WeeklyBattles said:
Then for this battle she has the Zhonya's Hourglass with in-game mechanics.
Very well, what about Luden's Echo, which deploys chain lightning between targets when Kat strikes, or Hextech Gunblade that works like a form of Regenerationn while Kat deals damage, Guardian Spirit which works as a passive revival spell (although first death would count for her losing, i suppose), Banshee's Veil (absorbs enemy magic affects, absorbs Swain's, and he's planetary when full power), Rylai's Crystal Scepter (which freezes enemies struck by Kat with ice cold enough to freeze Lissandra, who is literally Iceborn itself and can freeze Brand, who can burn the entire planet).

It's only her starting and essential items, so she only has the Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's Hourglass, Sorcerer's Shoes, Void Staff, Luden's Echo, Warding Totem, and 4 Health Potions. And Luden's Echo isn't the lightning one, that's the Statikk Shiv. Luden's Echo releases a wave of magic when it hits the opponent that damages surrounding enemies.

Her defensive items are essential to her, depending on how you're going to play her.

Rylai's and Gunblade is essential to her in Crystal Scar.

I'd say it depends on who gets the first strike off.

If Esdeath starts with Time Stop she wins.

Otherwise I'd say that her greater experience (compared to the Jaegers and the main members of Night Raid) along with her teleporting burst-damage spam give her the win.

Reppuzan said:
I'd say it depends on who gets the first strike off.

If Esdeath starts with Time Stop she wins.

Otherwise I'd say that her greater experience (compared to the Jaegers and the main members of Night Raid) along with her teleporting burst-damage spam give her the win.
Kat has better reflexes though, so if Esdeath goes to freeze time wouldn't she be able to activate the Zhonya's Hourglass before she can finish and make herself invulnerable until the time stop wears off?

Aparajita said:
Her defensive items are essential to her, depending on how you're going to play her.

Rylai's and Gunblade is essential to her in Crystal Scar.
Actually the Gunblade is only a situational item, but i'll change kat's profile since Rylai's is a standard item, as well as the Abyssal Scepter.

You did say no prior knowledge though, and you can't exactly use items while time is stopped (heck, you can't even use Zhonya's when you're silenced). I'm not sure how Kat would anticipate Esdeath's Time Stop unless she has prep (which she usually does given her nature as an assassin with her lore being her first failure in her early days).

Just because she has no prior knowledge doesn't mean she's completely oblivious to danger. Esdeath would be one of the more difficult opponents for Kat, so if she sees her attempting to use a powerful move like Mahapadma she'd more than likely try to protect herself. Plus she wouldn't use it during the timestop, her reflexes are good enough that she would be able to activate it before, and since the effect lasts in real-time, it shouldn't wear off while time is stopped, only after the timestop ends.

Fair enough, Esdeath does shout it rather needlessly and it only lasts a few seconds, so I suppose you have a point.

In that case, I think that as long as Kat goes for Esdeath first, she'd sweep the entire verse all at once.

Well this is a gauntlet so she'd be fighting Esdeath 1v1, not the whole verse at once.

She is an assassin, so 1v1 is her forte, she's just even more potent when fighting against a group she is superior to, that's all I'm saying.

Wave with Mastema might put up a fight though via his armor + flight, but him, Esdeath, Tatsumi, and Budo are the only characters that really hold a candle to her.

These all being one-on-ones, Kat's specialty, and her being over twice as fast as all of them? She probably puts knives in each one's neck/heart/head/etc before they get a chance to do much. Some of them could theoretically be fast enough to pull off a move or two if there's sufficient range, but most of them wouldn't be able to do anything meaningful in that period of time. The only ones that could maybe mess her up as far as I can tell are:

Akame: What with the instant-kill poison sword, should it connect. Probably one of the most dangerous on that account alone.

Mine: At maximum danger, at least, and it would have to hit. Given that Katarina will get first action and has super martial arts/teleportation skills, I find that quite unlikely.

Leone: If only because the Regenerationn will make it difficult for her to stay down. Less an actual theat to her immediately and more a waste of her time and stamina to some degree.

Esdeath: Definitely the hardest fight, in my opinion. Esdeath's extreme range advantage helps her immensely here, as she can create all sorts of ice barriers and area-of-effect attacks to potentially play keep away, especially given that her AP and probably Durability as well are actually on-par or so. If she catches Kat in Ice Entrapment there's really nothing she can do to get out of it (at least as far as I can tell, people like Susanoo couldn't get out of it and they have far higher strength than Katarina does. Additionally, Kat needs a full range of motion to use Shunpo from what I can tell, otherwise she probably would've teleported when Garen grabbed her arm.) From there, Esdeath could toy with Katarina as she pleased, match win. Fortunately for Kat, said Shunpo helps her immensely here in terms of mobility, and it's also the reason Esdeath can't just auto-win by flying out of Katarina's range and spamming ice attacks until Kat's worn out and easy to capture/knockout. I don't think Kat would have too much a problem outpacing her once she managed to get into close combat either, Mach 31 vs. Mach 80-90 or so.

If Esdeath whips out Madapahma and actually pulls it off, then either two things happen: A, if Zhonya's Hourglass isn't on, Esdeath gets a short span to royally screw up Kat's day and cripple her greatly with better physical strength+equalish AP/Dura, making it considerably more likely that she wins the ensuing battle afterwards (hard to jump around and be a ninja with all of your limbs broken), or B: if Zhonya's is on, then it's time doesn't expire when Madapahma's going, giving Esdeath plenty of time to set up an Ice Entrapment and thus a win as mentioned previously.

Still two problems, though: she seems to say it aloud, which would basically be the perfect opportunity for Kat to Shunpo into her face and slit her throat (and there's no reason to say she wouldn't), and also the fact that it's unlikely she'd pull it out before Kat got the chance to take her out, anyways, at least with what I've seen of her personality.

Hard... but I'd still give it to Kat more times than Esdeath.

Kurome: Only with her best stuff, and she's a glass cannon again so probably not going to be that big a deal.

And Syura: If you... count him as... City... level...?. He's a comparatively sad mere Supersonic+, anyways, so it's not like we would get the chance to find out if it's true or not.

TLDR: Basically, Katarina is perfectly suited for going into this verse: she doesn't mess around or hold back (this being one of the pivotal character development points she recieves in her backstory), her attacks aren't as flashy as many other characters on her level, her being more the master badass in terms of skillset, and she's being matched against a verse full of what are comparatively glass cannons who aren't fast enough to react to her. Basically, she ganks everyone and takes them out before they get the chance to do much to her barring Esdeath, whom puts up a very long and rather arduous fight before eventually leaving herself open long enough for Katarina to finish off. As far as endurance being a problem... well, first off, Superhuman stamina, and Minor Regenerationn plus health potions should cover the odd injury she recieves. And, to top it all off, unlike many other champions? She doesn't have to worry about exhausting her resources. If it were most other champions on this level I'd probably not be inclined to give it to them... but Kat?

Katarina more times than not successfully soloes.

How Drelix? She has the same if not greater combat speed (High Hypersonic+ Katarina vs High Hypersonic AFK verse)

Since when was there someone in Agame Ga Kill that was above Mach 90 or so? I mean, I remember that MHS Akame Ga Kill was a thing once, but I'm pretty sure it's since been disproven.

Unless you mean travel speed in combination with a range advantage, but that's what Shunpo's for.

Reppuzan said:
How Drelix? She has the same if not greater combat speed (High Hypersonic+ Katarina vs High Hypersonic AFK verse)
Didn't realize the she had the plus. Okay. They win with overall hax.

WeeklyBattles said:
How so?
Time Stop. One cut kill. Small city and city level destruction. Flying tank. Evolving armor.

Drellix said:
WeeklyBattles said:
How so?
Time Stop. One cut kill. Small city and city level destruction. Flying tank. Evolving armor.

Instant invincibility. Better speed. Pumpkin takes time to get that powerful and doesn't transfer to Mine's durability, and Shambhala's City level rating can't really be used for combat.

Plus Esdeath's timestop is telegraphed and Kat can easily react before she uses it.

Isn't it a bit out of character for Esdeath to immediately use Madapahma though? That's what I've been able to gather, at least.

Without the Mine being powered up she still is MCB and also Esdeaths other trump card of creating ice soldiers. When we see them fight I think we'll get a better understanding.

Drellix said:
Without the Mine being powered up she still is MCB and also Esdeaths other trump card of creating ice soldiers. When we see them fight I think we'll get a better understanding.

So is Kat but Mine only has Building level durability.

Back