• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kanade Tachibana vs Misaka Mikoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
this fight shall take place on top of a school roof while it's raining.

Misaka is only in her base form.

Who would win and why?

Hmm...if this is base Misaka only I can probably see Kanade winning. She can just swarm her with Harmonics clones yo either overwhelm her or distract her long enough to knock her out with Howling. Then again, I don't know very much about Misaka, so I'm just going by her profile.

kanade wins, her profile says she is immortal so i would say that even if the fight is dragged out kanade would get the victory :)

Tachibana wins via high-end regen and handsonic/harmonics. She has hypersonic movements and reactions while Biribiri only has peak human movements.

Distortion disables railgun.

Howling can knock Biribiri out from a distance probably if she doesn't have resistance to sound attacks.

Tachibana 7/10

Is Kanade immortal? If so she wins. If not Misaka due to speed advantage of lightning attacks. Personally I like both characters and would prefer them not fightning lol.

Kanade's immortality is strange in that until she comes to accept her past life she's technically unable to die. However she can be temporarily 'killed' if she sustains enough damage, but she can instantly heal and minor wounds and her regen is at least good enough to heal her from being cut to pieces, but she requires time to heal such wounds.

Would her lightning attacks be able to counter a swarm of Hypersonic+ clones rushing her?

I know lightning is MHS, but Misaka herself is only Superhuman with Hypersonic+ reflexes, so Kanade's Harmonics clones would be able to blitz her unless her lightning can hit multiple tergets from different direcions at the same time.

well actually it can, she can stream 1 billion volts of lightning and is immune to it herself, she's calculated to be town level attack potency via lightning strikes.

pretty much all she has do is stream her lightning in all directions

^interesting. Very interesting

Also since its raining this might also be a benefactor now that I think about it.

But that's just environment you can ignore this remark

well technically misaka doesn't actually need rain to summon lightning lol, she managed to cause power outages several times in academy city

instantaneous lol, though she usually holds back on weaker enemies because she doesn't want to kill them, she has enough magnetic powers to deflect a bomb that wasn't made of metal

Hmm...This is actually a much closer match than I thought. Kanade definitely has an edge in close range combat, while Misaka has more long-range abilities. Kanade's Distortion ability would likely be able to block most of Misaka's weaker ranged abilities (i.e. the Railgun and the Lightning Spear), and Misaka's electromagnetism could deflect Kanade's Hand Sonic, though probably only from a single Kanade. Multiple Kanade's using Hand Sonic simultaneously would probably be too much, even if she used her electromagnetism to create a shield Kanade has shown to be able to easily cut through steel. There's also Howling, which I'm not sure Misaka has a defense against since it's a sound-based attack instead of telepathy.

Quick question, how fast is her Iron Sand Manipulation ability?

WeeklyBattles said:
Hmm...This is actually a much closer match than I thought. Kanade definitely has an edge in close range combat, while Misaka has more long-range abilities. Kanade's Distortion ability would likely be able to block most of Misaka's weaker ranged abilities (i.e. the Railgun and the Lightning Spear), and Misaka's electromagnetism could deflect Kanade's Hand Sonic, though probably only from a single Kanade. Multiple Kanade's using Hand Sonic simultaneously would probably be too much, even if she used her electromagnetism to create a shield Kanade has shown to be able to easily cut through steel. There's also Howling, which I'm not sure Misaka has a defense against since it's a sound-based attack instead of telepathy.

Quick question, how fast is her Iron Sand Manipulation ability?
If you watched her fight with touma you would notice that it took a few seconds for her weapon to form

Man it's been forever since i've seen Index and Railgun, so my memory is a bit rusty. I was referring more to how fast she can fight with it and how fast the Tornado and Tsunami that she can create are.

She can use the sword form with her usual combat speed and she can control the iron in the air to creat said tornado in a matter of seconds

Oh man, why did I miss this thread?

I found it while thinking about making one, because I liked this image.

So to justify necroing this I will talk a bit on Misakas behalf.

For one thing clone swarming her isn't that mcuh of a problem, given that misaka can sorround herself with a lightning cage and her iron sand is known to be able to attack from all directions and in all directions. That sand can then of course be used to defend her from 360┬░. To that comes that Misaka has no blind spots because of her radar, so she can effectively fight so many opponent.

She also has some movement advantage in an urban area like the fight assumes, given that she can cling to walls and move faster by doing so.

Otherwise Misaka has the capability to damage ones internal organs through an electromagnetic pulse. So she basically has a lightspeed invisible attack that she can direct against her opponent. Not sure if distortion would deal with an attack that usually expands as wave.

That aside Misaka has fought faster opponents than Tachibana already and has shown to keep up with them, by using her techniques. Considering that her hand blades are seemingly made of metal it also isn't wrong to assume that misaka can control them by magnetism and just pin Tachibana down.

Now to the Immortality. In angel beats is everyone immortal in the world. Now I suppose we don't assume Misaka is as well just by being there, but what exactly are the winning conditions?

If its death than this battle goes on until misaka dies of old age. Else Tachibana can be made to surrender or can be captured and restrained (the fact that electricity causes paralysis comes in handy here).

Notadeadguy said:
^It's just a duel.
It doesn't matter how they lose.
Than Tachibana loses on a moral ground for actually attacking someone that can die and she loses in a math contest against misaka.

No really usually it should be defined which is the winning condition in a match, because it can be relevant in cases such as this one. So KO, BFR, Death and surrender as winning conditions, I guess?

Actually we don't have a standard formally. Wanted to discuss making one sometime, when nothing other important is going on.

DontTalk said:
So to justify necroing this I will talk a bit on Misakas behalf.

For one thing clone swarming her isn't that mcuh of a problem, given that misaka can sorround herself with a lightning cage and her iron sand is known to be able to attack from all directions and in all directions. That sand can then of course be used to defend her from 360┬░. To that comes that Misaka has no blind spots because of her radar, so she can effectively fight so many opponent.

She also has some movement advantage in an urban area like the fight assumes, given that she can cling to walls and move faster by doing so.

Otherwise Misaka has the capability to damage ones internal organs through an electromagnetic pulse. So she basically has a lightspeed invisible attack that she can direct against her opponent. Not sure if distortion would deal with an attack that usually expands as wave.

That aside Misaka has fought faster opponents than Tachibana already and has shown to keep up with them, by using her techniques. Considering that her hand blades are seemingly made of metal it also isn't wrong to assume that misaka can control them by magnetism and just pin Tachibana down.

Now to the Immortality. In angel beats is everyone immortal in the world. Now I suppose we don't assume Misaka is as well just by being there, but what exactly are the winning conditions?

If its death than this battle goes on until misaka dies of old age. Else Tachibana can be made to surrender or can be captured and restrained (the fact that electricity causes paralysis comes in handy here).
Aww man, I had a whole argument but I deleted it because Aurasuke stopped responding. Ok, so you argue for Misaka, so i'll argue fo Kanade.

The lightning cage I can see working, but unless she can manipulate her iron sand at speed higher than what Kanade is capable of then it shouldn't be a problem. Also, just because you can see several opponents swarming you doesn't mean you can fight all of them simultaneously. I realize Misaka has reflexes to keep up with Kanade, but would she be able to keep up with a dozen Kanades attacking at the same time?

They're on a rooftop, there aren't any walls.

I don't see why it wouldn't be able to block it.

If Misaka uses her magnetism on Kanade's blades she can just dispel them and reactivate them again. They're made of metal but created from energy, not retractable blades kept on her person.

If you mean Misaka could cause permanent paralysis then no, Kanade would regenerate after a brief period of time.

Now how would Misaka be able to defend against Howling?

Also, Kanade has shown no qualms against killing people in the past, so she wouldn't lose on a moral ground.

"The lightning cage I can see working, but unless she can manipulate her iron sand at speed higher than what Kanade is capable of then it shouldn't be a problem. Also, just because you can see several opponents swarming you doesn't mean you can fight all of them simultaneously."

Misaka has been capable of matching someone like Brunhild Eiktobel. She is capable of setting up her defences in the battle. Multiple people aren't a problem, as she can manipulate her attacks and shields in all directions.

"They're on a rooftop, there aren't any walls."

Except they take two steps back and fall of the rooftop. Or if mikoto decides to just uproot the whole building via magnetism.

"I don't see why it wouldn't be able to block it."

Various reasons. First you might notice that tachibana is usually neither blind nor invisible when using distortion. So you can conclude that an EMP, which is nothing but light, wouldn't get redirected. After all light seems to pass without problem.

Notably sound also doesn't get redirected, after all she is capable of hearing. I would guess, that her distortion can change trajectorys of bullets and stuff, but fails against continous stuff like a wave front or a wall.

On that note I may remind what happened to the last being that through it would be bright to just shield from Misakas lightning.

"If Misaka uses her magnetism on Kanade's blades she can just dispel them and reactivate them again. They're made of metal but created from energy, not retractable blades kept on her person."

Her offense is quite dependend on those. And everytime she activates them misaka can just slam her into the next wall. So she can defend against the disadvantage of magnetism only if she doesn't attack.

"If you mean Misaka could cause permanent paralysis then no, Kanade would regenerate after a brief period of time."

I mean that Misaka can quite easily keep her down ones she hit her. So her Immortality doesn't give quite that much of an advantage.

"Now how would Misaka be able to defend against Howling?"

For one thing Tachibana herself can hardly attack whilst howling and any and all copys would be equally effected. Howling also doesn't effectively take out the opponent. Closing ones ears is sufficient, which in Mikotos case isn't even tragic, since she doesn't need her hands either way.

That aside she can stop tachibana from using it at any time, by using magnetism to pull apart her blades.

As said magnetism effectively stops all of Tachibanas offense.

I would prefer that the winning conditions were specificied. If it's to the death then this is a bit of a mismatch since Mikoto has no way to win due to Kanade's high regen and Kanade is too weak to kill her in a straight battle.

If KO is one of the winning conditions then Mikoto wins this easily. If she can keep up with and momentarily stop Brunhild's close ranged attacks with magnetism, there's simply no way Kanade can actually get close enough to do anything. She can expand the iron sand arround her and take out whatever number of clones Kanade wants to use, she has no blind spots, so a fight with multiple opponents is not that hard for her. Mikoto will destroy Kanade's organs with an electromagentic pulse or fry her with lightning. Unlike Mikoto, Kanade does have blindspots, so one of Mikoto's 360 degrees attacks will destroy her.

Even if they are not any walls in the rooftop, Mikoto has an entire building below her she can use, just by ripping parts of the roof of the walls. She can also destroy the roof and take the fight to inside the building. Tachibana already has close to zero chances of getting through Mikoto's defenses with her hand blades on, that goes to zero with them off. Howling is used through her blades and can be countered by simply plugging your ears, so it's not that great as a sound attack, especially since Mikoto doesn't actually need to use her hands to control lightning or magnetism. A metal user like Tachibana is kind of screwed against a magnetism user like Mikoto, who counters almost all of her abilities.

The fact that it's raining gives an enviromental advantage to Mikoto, as the rooftop will get wet which will let Mikoto conduct her electricity through the water, giving her yet another plane to attack Kanade from.

So my vote is Mikoto wins if KO is acceptable, mismatch if it's only to the death.

Let's point out that Kanade can write herself abilities on the spot...

And that she is able to cross well over a few dozen meters in so little time no one is even capable of seeing her get the kill on a being that is literally so large that it makes a lake look small, in two hits. Severing bone, and everything.

"But magnetism" XD

Right right, so you can counter a being who is capable of crossing say 20 meters, in so little time that no one is even able to really observe it, and can only speculate that the target was hit. Definitely within the real of human reaction time right?

Do you know that the kind of velocities being spoken of are more than just lethal to the user, but also to people around them?

#1 Necro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back