• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kami Tenchi being future Masaki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
I'd seen a lot of people talking of Masaki as "past Kami" or of Kami as the future Masaki in many discussions about KT (including here ).

Is there anything which confirm this?

I think that it was heavily implied that he is what Tenchi will eventually evolve into, but I don't remember so well, and Tenchi Muyo is not the kind of series that tends to explicitly spell out metaphysical issues.

I looked at the episode yesterday, and they seems to call all of what happened a "possibility", it's why I was wondering if they were more explanation elsewhere.

Well, you can go here if you really want to do some research, as the page hosts partial translations of the Tenchi Muyo novels, but they are of rather poor quality, as I think that the translator mentioned that he is dyslexic.

No problem. There are at least 19 official novels though, the True Tenchi and GXP ones, and I haven't had the time to read them myself.

Antvasima said:
No problem. There are at least 19 official novels though, the True Tenchi and GXP ones, and I haven't had the time to read them myself.
isnt kami tenchi the creator of chousins? like the chousins didnt even know of his existence nor were they able to stop the counter actor.

I don't know. The specifics have been kept very vague.

Antvasima said:
I don't know. The specifics have been kept very vague.
Dunno about you but i feel like its heavily implied he created the chousons as a part of an experinment as well because who else is behind the scenes besides kami? no one

Possibly, yes, but it was not stated outright.

The whole episode with Kami is pretty confusing in fact. They called this a "possibility", the Chousins said they could alter the event of Masaki's rise of power as Kami, ect...

YuriAkuto said:
The whole episode with Kami is pretty confusing in fact. They called this a "possibility", the Chousins said they could alter the event of Masaki's rise of power as Kami, ect...
Iirc, they havent or couldnt do that.

I think this is all just a big prank that Kami is doing about all of the shenanigans during that episode of him revealing himself but its really hard to believe that kami is a future tenchi when the chousins cant even effin predict that possibility which is no excuse for beings that are infinite in age that created the multiverse and are way above the understanding of lower beings

Well, it is better to use the original Japanese language. The English voice actors took a few liberties.

YuriAkuto said:
Lol, omnipotent my ass (They are still one of the most powerful beings in fiction though) when they got their ass kicked by the coubter actor.

Anyways, i still think Kami Tenchi could be experimenting all of this and he is tgeir creator. The chousins can create their avatar so he should be able to do it. the three women didnt even know of his existence despite being the 'supposed' creators of EVERYTHING, which isnt true since Kami appeared and took care of the counter actor. Its very likely Tenchi Masaki is an avatar of this Kami since the latter is a higher dimensional being than the chousins themselves

I am not sure if this thread will lead anywhere. Should we close this?

I wanted to show the jap version of the episode, but I didn't find it yet.

Anyway, yes this should be close, since the thread is more talking about theory than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back