• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kakuzu vs (PTS) Luffy

Kakuzu vs Luffy

• Speed equalized
  • In character
  • 7-C Versions
  • Enies Lobby Luffy is being used.
  • Luffy's Gears are restricted, but Kakuzu has his Shinzo Mode
  • Luffy's AP: Upscales from 35.4 Kilotons
  • Kakuzu's AP: Upscales from 14.9 Kilotons
Kakuzu:
Luffy: @KingTempest, @UchihaSlayer96, @Bernkastelll, @Popted2, @Shadowbokunohero, @RazumaHiroki, @MonkeyOfLife
Incon:

(Note: This fight has already been done
before, but I felt that since the fight was done all the way in 2019, Luffy's profile is definitely better and more updated now than it was back then, so this basically a redo, hopefully there can be a better discussion this time around...)

Last edited:
I don't really think Kakuzu has a win con here. Luffy is a lot stronger, and his blunt force resistance will make it nearly impossible for Kakuzu to damage him. Luffy also resists two of his elements, so yeah.

I'll go with Luffy.

I won't debate here for long, so I'll make it short.

Kakuzu definitely has more experience than Luffy, but that doesn't really matter here. Since he's prone to violent outbursts, thus makes irrational decisions. On top of that he's too cautious when he sees a technique or ability he's never seen before and being too cautious is a fatal mistake, especially when facing Luffy.

Water manipulation, Kakuzu has that water heart, but we have never seen him actually using it (during his fight with Kakashi and the rest, and Ninja war). In other words, this heart is completely irrelevant, because A) we don't know what Jutsu it has, B) the range is unknown and C) why should we under assumption it's an offensive Jutsu in the first place?

Since we are primarily using the Character profiles and not "What ifs scenarios", it's irrelevant here.

Jiongu, it's basically like Tekkai, something that Luffy already dealt with (or is currently dealing with in this key).

Luffy's lightning resistance renders Kakuzu's lightning heart to nothing. Luffy could withstood 1 billion volt from Enel, so pretty much self-explanatory.

Zukokku may be a problem, but not something Luffy can't dodge. Overwhelming Luffy with sheer number, isn't really a good argument, since facing against multiple enemies at once is something he does on a daily basis.

Voting for Luffy.

I think everyone clearly agrees that Luffy decisively wins this, but does Kakuzu even have a win con? Cause I'm really not seeing it. He's a bit hard to kill due to his physiology, sure, but sooner or later Luffy will hit those hearts.

He's a bit hard to kill due to his physiology, sure, but sooner or later Luffy will hit those hearts.
... Bro... You literally said a way he could win kinda. I hate when people say there is no wincon like they're facing a hax on hax character or something... If that's the case the no one can win if the other wins... You can just say to every match he has no wincons because he is losing...

... Bro... You literally said a way he could win kinda. I hate when people say there is no wincon like they're facing a hax on hax character or something... If that's the case the no one can win if the other wins... You can just say to every match he has no wincons because he is losing...
I mean he's tough to kill because of his body. But in reality he has no way of putting Luffy down. That's not a wincon iirc, he has no viable way to win, because he can't. I hadn't really thought about it until it was brought up but it might be a stomp

It is literally impossible to be a stomp... Kakuza can literally Hurt luffy... I don't see no stomp at all

• Kindly do not create spite or stomp threads, whether by tier, speed or an absurd difference in hax proficiency (that is, a very hax character vs one with little to no hax) unless the other character possesses abilities that compensate for this advantage.
Nothing says this match is that 👆

I had assumed that Kakuzu had the higher LS so maybe he could restrain him but I was wrong, they have the same..

Luffy stomps

He has;
  • AP advantage
  • Durability advantage
  • Lifting Strength advantage
  • Range advantage
  • Skill advantage
  • Intelligence advantage
  • Is immune to both Kakuzu's lightning style and fire style
Even putting aside that Luffy has over twice Kakuzu's AP, Luffy's body makes him almost immune to blunt force damage, so Kakuzu pretty much can't damage him here.

Maybe I'm overhying kakuzu but wasn't the only way naruto defeated him was because of the cell cutting thing rasenshuriken?

Intelligence advantage
Ehh, I really don't know about this one, chief.

But yeah, you're right. Now that you've put it like that, it really doesn't seem that Kakuzu can do anything here. He's outclassed or countered in practically every category.
This is probably a stomp.

Ehh, I really don't know about this one, chief.

But yeah, you're right. Now that you've put it like that, it really doesn't seem that Kakuzu can do anything here. He's outclassed or countered in practically every category.
This is probably a stomp.
Luffy's rated as a Genius in terms of combat intelligence, Kakuzu is Gifted.

Back