• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Semi Major Kaiju No.8 revision for High tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is the first semi major revision thread for Kaiju No.8 so lets do this

1.God Tier Downgrade
The current calculation which has the verses god tiers at 7-B was contradicted by the Kaiju being only 150m tall. Meanwhile using the prior pixel scaling or scaling off buildings in general you could get the Kaiju to be hundreds of meters tall. Which the prior calc did, now it has been adjusted using the stated value which makes it yield only High 7-C

This affects
  • Kaiju Kafka
  • Mina Ashiro
  • Isao Shinomiya
Kafka will be upscaling to base line Large Town level+ due to overwhelming Isao who scales above Mina
Oh yeah the Kaiju being smaller also Nerfs Mina's bullets to Hypersonic+

2.Wywern Kaiju Speed
The Kaiju's were calculated to being able to dive down at roughly Mach 2.3
These Kaiju should be capable of reacting to their own flight speed ofc and thus the likes of Kikoru at 55% Released force would scale to this
As she managed to speed blitz one of these Kaiju

The likes of Soshiro Hoshina and No.10 explicitly scale above Kikoru by a large amount.

Profiles effected by this are

• 55% Kikoru
  • Soshiro Hoshina
  • Mina Ashiro
  • Kaiju No.10
  • Kaiju No.9
  • Kaiju No.8/ Kafka
  • Wywern type Kaiju's

3.Possibly Low 7-C or 7-C+ rating for Daikaiju
In the first chapter of the series they mention that a Fortitude 6 Kaiju was incapable of Causing a Tsunami
Why does this imply that those on the level of Daikaiju could cause such? Because Japan doesn't get many Daikaiju at all yet in spite of this the possibility of a Kaiju likely below fortitude 8 was not outrageous.

At absolute worst when it comes to causing one with pure force rather than tremors you would need roughly 2 Kilotons of Tnt or Small Town level which is consistent with Kikoru one shotting 8-A Wywerns with Hoshina and No.10 being way stronger than her.
This Website says that to cause a destructive Tsunami via a earthquake you need at least a Magnitude 6.5

Which according to the Earthquake power chart is 84.8 Kilotons of Tnt or Town+ (Imo this is the most consistent with High 7-C Mina imo since Hoshina should downscale to an extent)
So this would change the ratings for say
Hoshina to At least 8-A, possibly Low 7-C or At least 8-A, possibly 7-C

That is all, overall not too much.

Last edited:
Makes sense. Low 7-C or 7-C for Hoshina, either is fine with me, since it's just a possibly.

Though for the life of me I don't remember the statement that implies Hoshina should downscale somewhat to Mina. I may have forgotten it.

Last edited:
I was asked to comment here, but given that I know literally know nothing about this series I can only say that if the recalcs are good, then it's good to use them. Same with the Kaiju's size, as official size is better than pixelscaling it.

All the rest seems to be about scaling, I won't comment it.

Can this revision be applied then
Since everyone knowledgeable about the verse agrees completely and we got a content mod and a thread mod to approve this.

Two staffs commented so I guess it's fine, it's nothing too egregious and not even controversial amongst knowledgeable members.
Though it would be nice if another staff can take a look at it, since they seem to be not too familiar with the verse, but idk.

Two staffs commented so I guess it's fine, it's nothing too egregious and not even controversial amongst knowledgeable members.
Though it would be nice if another staff can take a look at it, since they seem to be not too familiar with the verse, but idk.
I'll wait just a little bit longer, for a revision that affects a bunch of profiles I didn't think everyone would agree this fast (Nice part about Niche verses, often way more chill revisions)

I mean he should receive the type 1 and type 2 also since the monster inside of him is seemingly capable of acting on it's own

I mean he should receive the type 1 and type 2 also since the monster inside of him is seemingly capable of acting on it's own
Actually I just took a look at venom's profile and if he doesn't qualify for type 1 and 2 Kafka shouldn't too so his profile is fine only the calc related chages are necessary

But I will say this; considering that Kikoru could blitzed the Wyern-Kaiju who has the feat of Mach 2.3 and since baseline Supersonic+ is Mach 2.5, would it be possible to upscaled Kikoru and those equal or faster than her to Supersonic+

But I will say this; considering that Kikoru could blitzed the Wyern-Kaiju who has the feat of Mach 2.3 and since baseline Supersonic+ is Mach 2.5, would it be possible to upscaled Kikoru and those equal or faster than her to Supersonic+
Yeah sure as it's pretty outrageously close to Supersonic+
So everyone faster than her will be Supersonic+
Kikoru herself at 55% will be At least Supersonic

Do we have concrete reason to assume that the Kaiju's divebombing speed is comparable to its breathing attacks? Just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back