• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's not what Killer is doing. Please watch this. It should help you understand better.

Dragon organs and stuff… Don’t think we can use internal organs durability of a human to that of a dragon when he is in that form.

In any cases, the organs are still technically intact after the damage was done so

But it literally doesn't for the reasons I stated. Kaido's organs not comparable to his external durability at all. If that were the case, that would make Luffy's entire training in Udon and Killer's statement that I provided completely useless.

But it literally doesn't for the reasons I stated. Kaido's organs not comparable to his external durability at all. If that were the case, that would make Luffy's entire training in Udon and Killer's statement that I provided completely useless.
He still survive the attack and even tank it since his organs seems to being not being ripped to shreds entirely as well as other things.

Screaming in pain doesn’t necessarily invalidate him tanking the attacks though.
If he was damaged internally then yes, it would mean Kaidou in fact didn't tank the attack. Tanking means to shrug off an attack with no damage whatsoever, you cannot tank durability negation with sheer durability.

Syther Sonic is outright internal durability negation, same thing with Ryou. The latter is heavily context dependant as Luffy only trained for Ryou to be able to ignore Kaidou's durability by targeting his innards.

He still survive the attack and even tank it since his organs seems to being not being ripped to shreds entirely as well as other things.
It's called regeneration. It's also called Occams's Razer, Kaidou has regeneration. His durability contextually doesn't cover internal damage as per Luffy's Ryou training, as is shown being affected by said durability negation.

It's literally in your face.

If he was damaged internally then yes, it would mean Kaidou in fact didn't tank the attack. Tanking means to shrug off an attack with no damage whatsoever, you cannot tank durability negation with sheer durability.

Syther Sonic is outright internal durability negation, same thing with Ryou. The latter is heavily context dependant as Luffy only trained for Ryou to be able to ignore Kaidou's durability by targeting his innards.
If I not mistaken, targeting internal organs is technically not complete full on durability negation as it only ignores durability to a extent.

I will double check as there are multiple ways to ignore durability after all.

There is 0 valid argument to Kaido's innards being comparable in durability to his outside durability. Everything you all have said is laughably far from what the manga shows.
Tbf, you did show me the anime scene. Is there a scene similar to that in the manga too?

At worst I'd agree with a "Likely.", as possibly outright ignores Luffy's whole point of training for Ryou and Killer's Sycther Sonic.

Is there a scene similar to that in the manga too?
Dude. I sent you the manga right before.

These are the same thing.
unknown.png

Dude. I sent you the manga right before.

These are the same thing.
unknown.png

Only issue is we weren’t shown the internal damage from the manga scene while in the anime scene, we were showed that he still managed to survive.
Also I still technically agree with @Deceived in that regard since it doesn’t invalidate every argument being made by him anyway.

Beside the fact he did live after that attack is something to note given the chapter in question although I think @KingTempest should been aware of this thread if he hasn’t been informed already.

If Kaido's organs weren't comparably tough they would have turned to literal mist the second they were hit by any dura neg from a character as strong as Killer, the scabbards or Luffy

Brain privileges forfeited

If everyone's okay with a "possibly" should it be added, or do we leave it be for now?

Or maybe his brain wasn't destroyed at all and it's just as durable as his skin? C'mon.
That should've been obvious but in a vs thread fellas were dying on the hill that Kaido's innards weren't as strong as his outside body, even though there's several feats proving they are.

Yeah no, even if we were to say that Ryou ignores the bones completely (which I highly doubt), there are still several layers underneath the skull such as the dura mater that protects the brain and gets hit instead of it.

Not to mention that this upgrade is based entirely on the assumption of how much damage his brain is supposedly receiving, when there is no possible way to know that.

I can see were Damage is coming from, the scans within themselves don't "inherently" prove that Kaido regenerated from massive brain damage done by Luffy's Ryou, it could just be Kaido's organs scale directly towards his own external durability, allowing him to resist the internal damage done by Luffy's attack.

But on the same, equal token Kaido could've regenerated from the attack, this is specifically compounded on by the fact Kaido's a Zoan, beings specifically stated to have better regeneration capabilities comparative to other Devil Fruit users.

Given this, alongside the others scans posted within the OP and just the general level of knowledge we have on the feat above i believe a "Possibly" rating is in order.

> "Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly."

This is exactly what Kaido's Mid-Level regeneration would fall under since while it does have evidence for it being true, there's also a lot of vagueness behind the feat given its never really explained upon in the Manga and such other equal interpretations can come through, resulting in Kaido not needing his regeneration.

I believe this is the most correct rating and one that'll hopefully create a compromise between both sides.
Let's just go with the "Possibly" rating as i laid out in this post here.

There's no more reason to extend this thread further then it already has.

Back