• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This one has been bothering me for the past while, especially since it's relatively straightforward and objective.

Kaidou should have Mid regeneration, due to him having recovered from having his brain attacked several times by internal explosions by Luffy using using Ryou, which does this to the inside of opponents.

Also having recovered from having his brain attacked directly by Luffy's Gear 5th Transmutation, and it's important to note that Luffy was using Haki at the time so it's likely that Luffy only turned his skull into rubber while attacking the brain directly with his Haki.

Thus Kaidou should have his regeneration bumped up to Mid.

Yeh. Unless Kaido was fighting while sustaining large holes in his organs or a literal flat brain, then he'd had to have recovered from them. It isn't inconsistent with Zoans having incredible recovery (like Queen's gashes from Marco's talons disappearing in seconds), and Kaido's a mythical so he's a step above.
I agree.

Luffy was using Haki at the time so the brain and everything else inside wouldn't be resistant to Blunt Force due to Busōshoku's Resistance Negation.

This argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If Kaidou's skull retained its rubberyness despite Luffy's Haki, then Kaidou's brain would probably still be rubbery too.

I think we can't just assume that Kaidou took massive brain damage and would therefore need Mid regen just to survive the damage inside his head.

Even before G5 wasn’t Luffy punching Kaido in the face with Buso infused blows which would be sending those shockwaves and implosions directly into Kaidos skull?

We know Luffy specifically trained his “Internal Destruction“ Buso techniques in Wano, mainly Udon, to use against Kaido to bypass his durability and damage his internals which would include the blows against his head.

Even before G5 wasn’t Luffy punching Kaido in the face with Buso infused blows which would be sending those shockwaves and implosions directly into Kaidos skull?

We know Luffy specifically trained his “Internal Destruction“ Buso techniques in Wano, mainly Udon, to use against Kaido to bypass his durability and damage his internals which would include the blows against his head.
Sure, but I don't think it makes sense to assume that level of damage had to have taken place.

If Luffy hits non-Zoan characters in the head, and they don't die from their brain liquefying, are we going to assume everyone he hits has Mid regen?

Also, we're talking about the verse WB is from, not only we have no proof Kaido had his brain heavily damaged by internal damage but even if it was we have seem characters fighting like that before.
The very existence of Ryou and the examples we're given disagrees with you. Ryou causes extreme damage to the innards, literally what are you talking about??

Whitebeard doesn't have Regeneration, Kaidou does. Your arguments makes zero sense.

This argument doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If Kaidou's skull retained its rubberyness despite Luffy's Haki, then Kaidou's brain would probably still be rubbery too.
Luffy turning characters to rubber is to alter their durability. His buso/Hao still hits their true body, so Luffy's target was still receiving the hit as if he would naturally. All Gear 5 did was make Kaido's steel wall of a body easier to bypass without the need of Ryuou.

Also, we're talking about the verse WB is from, not only we have no proof Kaido had his brain heavily damaged by internal damage but even if it was we have seem characters fighting like that before.
Whitebeard was literally dying. Kaido wasnt'. Kaido's a Zoan that by classification alone should have better regen than his peers, including ancient Zoans who can instantly recover from deep wounds. He took dozens of slashes and stabs and not one stayed, so why would his internal regen be any less when he took a Gamma Knife to the heart, which we know forces your organs to fall apart and tear up.
The dude was clearly recovering. It's the literal point of his fruit.

I can see were Damage is coming from, the scans within themselves don't "inherently" prove that Kaido regenerated from massive brain damage done by Luffy's Ryou, it could just be Kaido's organs scale directly towards his own external durability, allowing him to resist the internal damage done by Luffy's attack.

But on the same, equal token Kaido could've regenerated from the attack, this is specifically compounded on by the fact Kaido's a Zoan, beings specifically stated to have better regeneration capabilities comparative to other Devil Fruit users.

Given this, alongside the others scans posted within the OP and just the general level of knowledge we have on the feat above i believe a "Possibly" rating is in order.

> "Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly."

This is exactly what Kaido's Mid-Level regeneration would fall under since while it does have evidence for it being true, there's also a lot of vagueness behind the feat given its never really explained upon in the Manga and such other equal interpretations can come through, resulting in Kaido not needing his regeneration.

I believe this is the most correct rating and one that'll hopefully create a compromise between both sides.

I can see were Damage is coming from, the scans within themselves don't "inherently" prove that Kaido regenerated from massive brain damage done by Luffy's Ryou, it could just be Kaido's organs scale directly towards his own external durability, allowing him to resist the internal damage done by Luffy's attack.

But on the same, equal token Kaido could've regenerated from the attack, this is specifically compounded on by the fact Kaido's a Zoan, beings specifically stated to have better regeneration capabilities comparative to other Devil Fruit users.

Given this, alongside the others scans posted within the OP and just the general level of knowledge we have on the feat above i believe a "Possibly" rating is in order.

> "Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be notable, but mild. This term should be used sparingly."

This is exactly what Kaido's Mid-Level regeneration would fall under since while it does have evidence for it being true, there's also a lot of vagueness behind the feat given its never really explained upon in the Manga and such other equal interpretations can come through, resulting in Kaido not needing his regeneration.

I believe this is the most correct rating and one that'll hopefully create a compromise between both sides.
Honestly, I agree with this. It seems like the safer in-between until further information is given.

Also it does look like Dragon Kaidou did tank that attack since it does cover his body too and not just the brain.

Hell, the fact he survived that attack and later went to fight Luffy in his Gear 5 form is something to note too

I am neutral overall, but I not sure if that counts as internal damage per se since it was on his body too.
...?
Screen_Shot_2022-07-21_at_10.11.26_PM.png

Back