• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kai the Collector vs Glynda Goodwitch

Jade Slayer seems to have quite a sizeable AP advantage despite not being an AP stomp.

Jade Slayer has better stamina and power absorption to enhance himself and weaken the teacher at the same time as the battle goes on.

Teacher could hope amplifying herself for one great hit to defeat the spirit ox, but more times than not the spirit ox wins by AP advantage, stamina and power absorption.

Kai's absorption is less of a gradual thing throughout the battle and more of an insta-win technique, like here. Though he has to be in somewhat close range to do it.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Glynda can just TK the chains away, she can ragdoll if she feels like it
She can't ragdoll someone with superior lifting strength though

GyroNutz said:
She can't ragdoll someone with superior lifting strength though
I'm pretty sure that wasn't accepted.

Weekly got debunked in that Kenshi vs Glynda thread when he said that Kenshi couldn't resist her TK because of his inferior lifting strength. I suggest you read the thread here, especially what Antoniofer said

And the chi absorption gets taken care of with telekinesis

Alright, I suppose Kai being thrown about with TK is fair enough, but he'd anchor himself to the ground with his jade swords like he did numerous times vs Po (when he was getting flung around).

How does tk prevent chi absorption?

Oh right, fair enough.

Basically, in the video, Monkey and Viper were being grabbed by two of Kai's jade warriors (his summons). He can recall his summons at any time, which dragged Monkey and Viper along with them. I don't think that'd count as TK.

I didn't see that, thanks for clarifying.

Does he do that as his first move? He needs to do that since telekinesis is going to be a pain in the ass.

Wait what hasn't it always been a thing that you can't tk someone with higher lifting strength

TK is a lifting strength attack most of the time, so you definitely can't restrain someone who has higher lifting strength with TK. You can move them apparently, but not if they have an ability like Flight. Or, in this case, Kai can anchor himself with his swords (though it will still be annoying). Correct me if I'm wrong

I'm... guessing that 'slap his arms away from his weapons' means that she'll disarm him, right?

She can't disarm him though, at least not without an uphill struggle.

Being lifted by TK =/= being disarmed by TK.

Ragdolling someone with TK only works if they don't have something to push away from + the strength to do so. Characters with flight can do this as they can push against the force of the TK by flying against it, which is when it will be affected by lifting strength. Same goes for Kai anchoring himself.

Yeah she does

She used it against 2 Grimm and she wasn't looking at them and it's pretty much her main ability, she also uses energy attacks which have pretty good range.

GyroNutz said:
Being lifted by TK =/= being disarmed by TK.

Ragdolling someone with TK only works if they don't have something to push away from + the strength to do so. Characters with flight can do this as they can push against the force of the TK by flying against it, which is when it will be affected by lifting strength. Same goes for Kai anchoring himself.
Kai having better lifting strength means he will only move in slow motion. And a sizeable lifting strength advantage means he will not be slowed by much. He has his own summons to keep the witch busy, and when he is up close he can "your soul is mine".

Keeping my vote to Kai.

Back