• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Juvia Lockser vs Byakuya Kuchiki (read OP)

Current Juvia vs Soul Society Arc Byakuya

Speed unequalized. Both start in-character. No prior knowledge. No riatsu crush or Juvia not seeing Byakuya.

Who wins?

Horrible missmatch in Juvia's favour. Speed wise Byakuya may be faster but he is on lower tier and anywyay her intagibilty should prevent anything Byakuya has with exception of electricity-based Kido (wchich is still way below Juvias durability). Water body requires nothing to maintain while Byakuya will sooner or later get exausted. In that moment he will drown.

damn, a mismatch huh? Would it be better if I change Juvia to post 1st TS version? I picked current Juvia mainly because of the speed...

FictionalBlade101 said:
Unless this is in Soul Society shouldnt Byakuya also have intangibility? I mean Soul Reapers are technically spirits
Verse Equalization states that characters can see each other. In addition, Ichigo kicked Rukia in the first chapter/episode and Chad hit a Hollow with a telephone pole. So I doubt it.

Reppuzan said:
FictionalBlade101 said:
Unless this is in Soul Society shouldnt Byakuya also have intangibility? I mean Soul Reapers are technically spirits
Verse Equalization states that characters can see each other. In addition, Ichigo kicked Rukia in the first chapter/episode and Chad hit a Hollow with a telephone pole. So I doubt it.
I was never arguing that they couldnt see Byakuya

And to be fair Ichigo even from the start of the series had high enough reitsu or spirit energy capable of interacting with spirits even when he was little. plus he was born a soul reaper and a quincy and hollow too so of course he could hit Rukia. As for the hollows, cant they turn tangibile to intangible at will? Also IIRC Chad was developing his spirit powers so its not farfetched to say he too could hit spirits

Once again, by verse equalization, Magic = Reiatsu. Otherwise we'd run around with NLFs like "People with Nen can kill people without Nen with a touch."

FictionalBlade101 said:
What does verse equalization have to do with if soul reapers when not in SS are intanigible or not?
You just explained that having a high spiritual energy allows one to see and hurt spirits, correct?

Juvia, being a former S-Class Mage of Phantom Lord, should have plenty of Spiritual Energy due to her high Magical Potential, more than enough to see and hurt spirits like Byakuya.

Reppuzan said:
FictionalBlade101 said:
What does verse equalization have to do with if soul reapers when not in SS are intanigible or not?
You just explained that having a high spiritual energy allows one to see and hurt spirits, correct?
Juvia, being a former S-Class Mage of Phantom Lord, should have plenty of Spiritual Energy due to her high Magical Potential, more than enough to see and hurt spirits like Byakuya.
Oh right, never mind. But has juvia ever done any kind of training to enchance her spiritual prowse in any way (been a while since ive watched FT)? Chad was having his own spirit abilities enhanced during mid fight while also being exposed to Ichigo's spiritual pressure, same for Orihime. And Ichigo was born a spiritua entitiy from the start. In other words i think for bleach they were doing more spiritual inhancement then having just potential but im probably wrong. But if im right then there should be a difference here between them both with one having POTENTIAL while the other side is more on the actual inhancing side.

Reiatsu is used much in the same way Magic is used in Fairy Tail, being the fuel for their supernatural powers, particularly the mystical abilities of Zanpaktou and Kido arts. Thus it isn't really much of a stretch to say that they're comparable and should be treated as such during VS Debates.

Reppuzan said:
Reiatsu is used much in the same way Magic is used in Fairy Tail, being the fuel for their supernatural powers, particularly the mystical abilities of Zanpaktou and Kido arts. Thus it isn't really much of a stretch to say that they're comparable and should be treated as such during VS Debates.
Yes but in terms of life force or spiritual energy ive never seen magic being counted as a form of life force, just a fuel for their powers. I remember during the S-Class exams Natsu, Gray and the others used up all their magic power fighting a certain Dark Guild enemy and even with all their magic gone they werent close to death at all

Tho i doubt this changes anything due to verse equilizaion

Back