• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moria and Oars vs Byakuya and Kenpachi

Alright, I know One Piece vs Bleach is pretty controversial, so I'll just give my battle assumptions and then give some clarifications. If we need to spend a little time discussing or tweaking the assumptions then that's fair.

7-A versions for all participants. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in an open field 2 hours before dawn. Moria can use Shadows Asgard and Kenpachi starts with his eyepatch on but can remove it.

Immediately addressing the soul hax problems, Moria has a "strong shadow" which is homologous to a soul, and "strong souls" can resist Brook's soul hax. You can interpret Oars in a few different ways, but either he doesn't have a soul since he's just animated by Luffy's shadow, or Luffy having a "strong Shadow" means that Oars should get the Soul resistance anyway.

Byakuya and Kenpachi have fought together against Yammy in the past, so they should count as a team.

The time limit is put in place because the Soul Reapers have an AP advantage, but if I had the fight take place during the day Moria's EE would pretty much be an instant win and make this a stomp.

Byakuya and Kenpachi: 0
Moria and Oars: 0
This was a bad idea: 0

Immediately addressing the soul hax problems, Moria has a "strong shadow" which is homologous to a soul, and "strong souls" can resist Brook's soul hax. You can interpret Oars in a few different ways, but either he doesn't have a soul since he's just animated by Luffy's shadow, or Luffy having a "strong Shadow" means that Oars should get the Soul resistance anyway.
🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿🗿

Oars has Madness Manipulation Resistance via Willpower but he lacks Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation Resistance compared to Moria and Luffy. Is there a reason for that or is that something that needs to be fixed?

Oars has Madness Manipulation Resistance via Willpower but he lacks Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation Resistance compared to Moria and Luffy. Is there a reason for that or is that something that needs to be fixed?
Seems like it needs fixing, all three resistances should scale together due to all of it being will based.

Edit: They even say on Oars's page that he get the Madness resistance by scaling to Luffy, who is listed as having all three in the key they mention. So that's even better proof

I thought we stopped measuring soul hax in terms of numbers a while ago? And if there's layers to it then please explain.
Basically stronger reiatzu by a big margen = you die even if you have soul resistance. The specific details i don't know but byakuya atleast should be above baseline

Basically stronger reiatzu by a big margen = you die even if you have soul resistance. The specific details i don't know but byakuya atleast should be above baseline
Do you at least know where it originates? We may be able to logic out a scaling chain that way in case no one who knows the specifics pitches in

Maybe it starts with Tatsuki getting Soul Crushed by Yammy after surviving his Gonzui? Because if that's the case and it's AP based then the Kenpachi and Byakuya I'm using aren't strong enough to do that.

Looking at the Bleach Characters' pages and I feel like they clap Oars and Moria with the Energy and Fire Manip. Though I don't watch/read Bleach to maybe the way their powers work might not be sufficient for this battle.

Looking at the Bleach Characters' pages and I feel like they clap Oars and Moria with the Energy and Fire Manip. Though I don't watch/read Bleach to maybe the way their powers work might not be sufficient for this battle.
While Byakuya does know Sokatsui (A fire technique), it's much more likely for him to use Byakurai (A lightning technique) in character, and even more likely for him to use the millions of tiny sword blades he has floating around him in Bankai.

Kenpachi is a nuch simpler character that relies on melee and cutting the air, kind of like Zoro or Mihawk but with a much less refined style

What's OP duo's AP? Cause I feel like Kenny and Byakuya have quite a big AP difference from the little research I did of OP calcs.

Also Soul Crush GG

What's OP duo's AP? Cause I feel like Kenny and Byakuya have quite a big AP difference from the little research I did of OP calcs.

Also Soul Crush GG
It seems they upscale from 108.57 Megatons while the Bleach characters are 906.24 Megatons ...
Somehow I failed to check this before making the matchup... I don't think this'll work anymore

Back