• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Justice league spoiler thread. (preemptive)

Oh god, the scaling for Justice League is weird and inconsistent. First, Steppenwolf could take on all the gods and some Green Lanterns in the past, now he can't even take on Superman and the combined forces of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Cyborg? Also, Superman can easily take on Wonder Woman, who took on Doomsday valiantly, but struggles against the monster?

This makes me appreciate the lower power stats and speed stats for the MCU even more.

Natse said:
Oh god, the scaling for Justice League is weird and inconsistent. First, Steppenwolf could take on all the gods and some Green Lanterns in the past, now he can't even take on Superman and the combined forces of Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Cyborg? Also, Superman can easily take on Wonder Woman, who took on Doomsday valiantly, but struggles against the monster?
This makes me appreciate the lower power stats and speed stats for the MCU even more.
In her defense, Doomsday was literally a raging monster without thought whereas Stepenwolf actively knew how to fight and was just as skilled as Diana in terms of combat.

Plus. They did state Steppenwolf was weakened and exiled in the film.

I don't think the movie is that inconsistent in scalling. I mean, we already knew that Diana should be stronger than Zeus and Superman should be stronger than Diana, the movie only confirmed it.

Darkanine said:
Reacting to lightning can vary. It can be as low as hypersonic (TMNT 2012, Shredder feat) or can be as high as Sub-Rel (CW Flash). It usually averages at MHS, yes, but we can't just assign values without calcs first.
Thank you.

Ok so i'm back from seeing the film and i'd have to say... the scaling is wonky as all hell but we can work with it. Notes: Zeus and Diana are able to harm Steppenwolf (Tho i think they should be somewhat lower on the totem pole of power) this would be able to scale to Ares who killed Zeus and could stomp Diana for like 70 Per Cent of their fight. Supes is like miles above tho (ragdolled like everyone) Aquaman didn't get as many feats as i expected tho but i think he seems comparable to Diana? I really dont know what to say for him and Cyborg.

LordNephalem said:
And this should probably be removed from their pages, sadly.
TBF, I don't think other Kryptonians scale to Superman entirely, at least not beyond the degree that someone like Diana does. Characters like Nam-Ek and Faora fight a Kal-El who, at this point, has no experience fighting against other superhuman entities. Not only that, but they fight a Kal-El who isn't really willing to go all out, yet. When Supes later realizes he doesn't really have a choice against Zod, and that he can't reason with him, he snaps his neck and ends him right there. Considering Zod was the strongest member of the Sword of Rao, I'd say a big part of Superman struggling against characters such as Nam-Ek and Faora back in MoS was due to a combined lack of experience and also constantly holding himself back.

We've only really seen him go all out twice, so far. The first time was against Doomsday, who was even stronger than he was and needed the kryptonite spear to be killed, and the second was after being revived from death, and he proceeds to absolutely body the other five members of the JL.

Heatforce said:
I thought zeus' lightning harmed steppenwolf?
So did cyborgs weapon, so scaling upgrade for him. Especially since the same weapon didn't react response from Superman.

although, maybe an extended edition will include a prolonged into lord of the stone boxes opening, so we get more feats, it felt that their should've been more. To it.

@7th so atleastTier 6 Aquaman and Cyborg? That seems fair enough considering their damaging Steppenwolf. I feel the real question tho is gauging Wolf's power as i'm a lil confused by that (Superman somehow is more powerful then a planet and stomped Wolf whatever that means)

Barry's tier is the hardest one to define in my opinion. He did generate enough energy to revive Superman by powering up the mother box, that's probably a 5-B feat. But 5-B DCEU Flash... doesn't seem right.

LordNephalem said:
Barry's tier is the hardest one to define in my opinion.
He did generate enough energy to revive Superman by powering up the mother box, that's probably a 5-B feat. But 5-B DCEU Flash... doesn't seem right.
Much of the discussion about this film, will be arbitration of outliers.

Like Jason harming wolf or wonder women being downgraded or the anything related to the boxes.

(perhaps, JL Superman should be given a post Resurrection tag, to the explain his seeming power boost.)

It didn't, anyone watching closely would see wolf unfazed by lightning, and it cutting to the forced retreat.

Their maybe a strong implication that it, may of been supergirl that forced the retreat, considering some Canon side material, implies that she had already arrived on Earth, the editing simply creates the facade.

LordNephalem said:
Barry's tier is the hardest one to define in my opinion.
He did generate enough energy to revive Superman by powering up the mother box, that's probably a 5-B feat. But 5-B DCEU Flash... doesn't seem right.
The three mother boxes combined into one (The Unity) were able to terraform planets. With the boxes apart, would they be considered continent level seperately?

I'd also like to add that Steppenwolf's eyes were glowing white when he was near The Unity- it seems like he was recieving a power boost from it as well.

Or reshoots, BTW anything with colour was probably weadon, also wolf's initial cgi seems different from his later.

Oh. When I was watching the film Thrusday night, it seemed that Zeus' lightning was still affecting Steppenwolf as he retreated to the ship in a rage (there was a whiteish energy akin to Zeus' lightning surrounding him).

Also, the DCEU wikia claims that the Electro Axe Steppenwolf carried was the primary source of his power. I'm trying to get someone to respond on that wikia now, but I did want to note that on this thread.

Hmm that'd explain why he was scared at the end of the film, i never did get why that was. And yeah i thought Zeus' lightning hurt Wolf as well since in that sequence he gets launched back but hey that might not be the case.

Also, whenever we do make the page for Cyborg, can we be sure to add self-modification to his powerset? He was shown developing newer abilities during the film (namely his flight capability, as he showed his father).

Sorry if i'm commenting a lot, but I really did enjoy the movie. Hopefully we get to see the cut scenes in the extended edition (WB really needs to stop shortening Snyder's films).

Theblack6host96 said:
Also, the DCEU wikia claims that the Electro Axe Steppenwolf carried was the primary source of his power. I'm trying to get someone to respond on that wikia now, but I did want to note that on this thread.
No, but yes.

After his axe is cut, he still seems contenderable, but I boomtubed out.

(Thank almighty ****, those are finally vertical, a portal is not a tube)

Matthew Schroeder said:
I also think that revived Superman >>>>>>> Original Superman. It's the only explanation for Supes and Diana doing equal against Doomsday before, and now Supes being >>>>>>>> Everyone.
Same as the comics, Supes got stronger Post KO

LordNephalem said:
Matthew, what's your opinion on Clark's current tier?
High 6-A. They state that if you unleash the Mother Box's energy on a planet, it will be destroyed, although only the surface, which will them be transformed into something like Apokolips. Superman is specifically stated to be "Stronger than a planet", in the sense that if he gets hit with the Mother Box's energy, he won't be destroyed, and will be able to endure it.

And he endures it twice.

Nobody scales to Superman. The rest of the cast stays as they are. Steppenwolf got one-shot by Superman and Cyborg's thing is that he doesn't know the full extent of his power yet.

Superman should at least be Sub-Relativistic now seeing as he is equal to the Flash in speed (Who is so fast the entire league moves in slow motion to him), possibly Relativistic if you want to accept interview statements that the Flash moves close to the speed of light.

Like, those Speed Force Lightnings that Flash emanates? Those are supposed to be blue-shift lightning.

Back