• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Justice league spoiler thread. (preemptive)

(perhaps, JL Superman should be given a post Resurrection tag, to the explain his seeming power boost.)

@Matt, I believe a similar thing.

7th Ki'oon said:
Consider that the Mother Box is pure power, and capable of creation as well as destruction, rather than being destroyed by the Mother Box's energy, Superman absorbed it and made it his own. Which would explain the power boost.

As far as league member's reacting, what would we call Diana reacting to Barry tapping her sword back to her when she was falling? As soon as he did that, her fingers immediately started to grip around the sword's hilt as it travelled back to her hand. Would we just call that an outlier?

Matthew Schroeder said:
7th Ki'oon said:
Consider that the Mother Box is pure power, and capable of creation as well as destruction, rather than being destroyed by the Mother Box's energy, Superman absorbed it and made it his own. Which would explain the power boost.
Alternatively, it could be his long term metal blocks, removed.

As is an explanation for when supergirl appears and is stronger, in some Canon.

To movie did remind me, why I dislike Superman, he always has to be one and only, the strongest.

In any given story, which continuously when does the Justice League efforts moot by his might.

At least dragon Ball has mirai trunks intro.

Yeah i really hated how Supes became a Deus Ex Machina by the end with him abolutely flooring Steppenwolf, i mean what's the point of the team if Superman can punch out literally every badass villain they run into?

With all these upgrades, I'm just up and outright admit my bias for the MCU and say that I hate the DCEU for being way way stronger than the MCU, actual quality of the movies aside.

By having Ego, Star-Lord, and the Infinity Stones. Otherwise, DCEU has a lot more characters that are just stronger in general.

Still, everyone in the MCU is slow as hell in comparison except for Dormammu who can move in timeless space.

I personally find it hilarious that Ares or Supes can solo a large part of the MCU, considering Ares had like 15 minutes of screentime and Supes has had like 3 films he appeared in.

I find it stupid that Ares can kill all the Greek gods just like that, including Zeus, and later gets killed by Wonder Woman, who isn't as strong as Zeus even after awakened. Also, Superman suddenly becoming much stronger and faster than before just to justify why the Justice League actually need him.

There's PIS and there's this.

Well keep in mind the fact Zeus probably gave Diana more then a few gifts with the intent of using her as a weapon against Ares. As for the second point i think Supes might have absorbed some of the power of the Motherbox, enhancing his strength to a massive degree (tho it is a bit dumb from a narrative standpoint he's able to smash Wolf like he did)

Hellbeast1 said:
i think Supes might have absorbed some of the power of the Motherbox, enhancing his strength to a massive degree (tho it is a bit dumb from a narrative standpoint he's able to smash Wolf like he did)
Someone pointed this out to me that with the Justice League being desperate enough to resurrect Superman and Superman being vastly stronger and faster than them and even Steppenwolf, it questions to need to have a team like the Justice League at all. Hell, even with Vision and Thor, the Avengers still had to work together to fight off Loki and Ultron, who are not even as powerful as Steppenwolf himself.

The league was meant by Batman to be more like a replacement for Superman and his ability to stop really big threats like in Man of Steel. Them being desperate enough to get Superman back just to beat Steppenwolf and Steppenwolf himself not even being a bigger threat than Zod kind of makes the whole thing about the Justice League feel sort of empty. Sure the Justice League can take care of collateral damage and civilians but they don't even bring that up in the film until they actually do so.

RIP, my thread.

God, I'm going to be stuck doing the same for star wars, Christ preserve me.

If Kylo ren rips a star destroyer in half, scaling upgrades all around.

Back