• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just do it already (Healing)

I honestly don't like the regen types. If you want the healer's capabilities to be clear, just add "can heal fatal wounds","up to cellular level" or something clear and concise like that.

Well, types make it easier to discern what kind of healing/regen is being used without adding a bunch of unnecessary text or adding confusion in regards to what the individual in question can regenerate/heal from.

As far as healing goes, I've noticed a problem mostly with RPG characters.

They have "healing", listed on the page, but no specifics. Characters like Sakura Haruno and Katara also have this issue.

Two things. One, writing "molecular level" or "brain mutilation" or "vaporization" makes the level of the healer far easier to immediately understand than "High", "mid" or "low-high"

Second, just advising users to clarify healing level with easy to understand terms is a much more manageable task than making it a standard to use the same system as Regenerationn and prompting a huge a revision project.

It would be a much more difficult change to go through every healing profile and add (Can heal _ destruction) than it would to add (Low) to profiles.

Prompting users to clarify the healing level wouldn't get rid of the issue of an awful many profiles not specifying the healing level. At least not in a meaningful capacity.

Edit:

There are over 2000 healing profiles, most of which don't specify the healing level.

I don't think it should be a mass revision, just a general instruction is all I see the need for.

I'm with Andy on this, writing how much they can heal is more manageable. Also, Healing do not necessary involve physical wounds, it can also heal status effects and animic/mental damage.

Hmm...I personally think "healing diseases and status effects" (Which doesn't sound appropriate at all in an English sentence) should instead be called Curing (Because it's more appropriate wording in the English language).

Grouping the two together doesn't even make sense imo. One who can cure status effects and mental damage/diseases can not necessarily heal wounds and vice versa.

And the page currently makes very little distinction, which has led to all of our profiles making very little distinction.

Do not need to cure all of them to qualify as Healing, it would be a possible use. But it depends of what was the intention of the users when the page was made, and what the staff think about it now. Personally, I prefer to give freedom to the editor to explain how the ability works.

Bump.

"Also, Healing do not necessary involve physical wounds, it can also heal status effects and animic/mental damage."

^^So, since we have Purification, we can probably get rid of this from the healing page. Mental damage can still be mentioned, but I still think we should make a standard of the healing levels (like regen).

Back