• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just Ashes (Aki Hayakawa vs Roy Mustang)

Humm, without speed equalized and with an short starting distance I guess Aki could cut the gap quickly and finish Roy with his equipment.

Once on an melee range the Fire Alchemist wouldn't have enough close combat experience to defend himself

Unless prior knowledge means Roy would also know the stats of his opponent, in this case he could create an explosion on the last second capable of neutralizing his opponent and doing minor damage to him

Unless prior knowledge means Roy would also know the stats of his opponent, in this case he could create an explosion on the last second capable of neutralizing his opponent and doing minor damage to him
Aki has At most High 8-C+ durability with his Devil hunter suit with them being sturdy enough to take attacks from strong Hybrids and even explosions, but the damage they take are notable but overall superior to anything Roy has to offer. Aki's profile kinda sucks, so ill be assuming he has his precognition and Angels Katana. After the explosion he will likely play dead and recreate what he did against Reze. If that doesn't work, Precog should be enough to predict his attacks

Aki has At most High 8-C+ durability with his Devil hunter suit with them being sturdy enough to take attacks from strong Hybrids and even explosions, but the damage they take are notable but overall superior to anything Roy has to offer.
If that doesn't work, Precog should be enough to predict his attacks
So uh, the reason I originally thought this match was a stomp was because Roy can and will go for the eyes and mouth (Which combined with prior knowledge, makes this even more likely) so even if Aki's suit can provide protection, his head is technically exposed. And now that I think about it since Future Devil does reside in Aki's eye, would damage to it cause him to lose the ability?

So uh, the reason I originally thought this match was a stomp was because Roy can and will go for the eyes and mouth (Which combined with prior knowledge, makes this even more likely) so even if Aki's suit can provide protection, his head is technically exposed. And now that I think about it since Future Devil does reside in Aki's eye, would damage to it cause him to lose the ability?
If he looses both of his eyes yea id believe so, but the thing is Aki will likely see the attack coming with precog, with speed un-equalized Aki with his precog can keep barely up with Hybrids like Reze who are >>> Supersonic+ (Mach 3). I feel like Aki would just aim to take him out as he usually does. But If Roy managed to land the attack on his eyes on mouth it might be game over for Aki

If he looses both of his eyes yea id believe so, but the thing is Aki will likely see the attack coming with precog, with speed un-equalized Aki with his precog can keep barely up with Hybrids like Reze who are >>> Supersonic+ (Mach 3). I feel like Aki would just aim to take him out as he usually does.
Yeah, I guess that works. I was reminded that the reason the scan is listed as homing attack is because Roy is technically lighting a trail towards his target to burn them so it should be possible to dodge for someone like Aki (Faster + Precog)

Yeah doubt Aki is precoging Roy's Alchemy. Unless he has feats of sensing an explosion that's done via igniting oxygen (something invisible.) I seriously doubt Aki is being able to precog something he can't even see and even if he could good luck dodging Roy's AoE and sheer accuracy. Especially if Roy enjoys spamming his Flame Alchemy, each individual snap is incredibly accurate and pack AoE.

Yeah doubt Aki is precoging Roy's Alchemy. Unless he has feats of sensing an explosion that's done via igniting oxygen (something invisible.) I seriously doubt Aki is being able to precog something he can't even see
Aki's precognition is automatic, so he would just foresee it but I don't think he would escape it
and even if he could good luck dodging Roy's AoE and sheer accuracy. Especially if Roy enjoys spamming his Flame Alchemy, each individual snap is incredibly accurate and pack AoE.
Yeah depending on the range of his AOE it will cause some harm to Aki, but Devil Hunter suits are study enough to make them survive being at the epicenter of a High 8-C+ AP explosion

Aki's precognition is automatic, so he would just foresee it but I don't think he would escape it

Yeah depending on the range of his AOE it will cause some harm to Aki, but Devil Hunter suits are study enough to make them survive being at the epicenter of a High 8-C+ AP explosion
Roy has pinpoint accuracy and unlike a normal explosion Roy's cause much more devastating Temps than the usual explosion. Lad's fire is potent of vaping steel and forced Depowered God Father to block his Alchemy rather than tanking it.

Roy has pinpoint accuracy and unlike a normal explosion Roy's cause much more devastating Temps than the usual explosion. Lad's fire is potent of vaping steel and forced Depowered God Father to block his Alchemy rather than tanking it.
Yea considering this I'm assuming it would take several explosions to take Aki out, but since the distance is 15 meters if Aki gets close enough he should be able to overwhelm him in speed and combat, It would be like Reze vs Aki but this time Aki actually stands a better chance

Tbh I could also argue Roy literally ******* on Aki in terms of combat skill and general intelligence.
Yea considering this I'm assuming it would take several explosions to take Aki out, but since the distance is 15 meters if Aki gets close enough he should be able to overwhelm him in speed and combat, It would be like Reze vs Aki but this time Aki actually stands a better chance
Not quite, while having higher AP than Roy (Tbh he should have a 7-C key given he had a Philosophers Stone in Ishval.) Roy's explosions are hotter by a significant amount and vastly more precise. Unfortunately for Aki his vitals are something he doesn't really have a method of protecting whereas Roy can and will target those vitals, which would result in instant decapitation. (Targeting his eyes and mouth, due to the very nature of his Flame Alchemy it's very much unlikely Aki even with his limited precog could actually sense. All he'd see is Roy snaping and roasting Aki. Sure he'd see the end result but he wouldn't actually be able to tell what Roy is doing. Flame Alchemy is incredibly difficult to comprehend, to the point where other State Alchemist who know the periodic table like the back of their hands have zero idea what Roy does or how he really does it. Unless Aki has that level of intelligence or without the senses to see oxygen being lit around him omnidirectionally he can't really dodge them. Especially if he opts to aim for vitals like his eyes and mouth. Essentially it's something that he can pretty much spawn directly on / near the body.

TLDR: Roy has vastly higher combat and general intelligence due to his experience as a State Alchemist, absolutely range stomps Aki, being able to target Aki's weak spots (eyes and the mouth would be instant finishers.), and due to the very nature of Flame Alchemy Aki would have a very difficult time even dodging them, especially with the latter allowing him to literally spark the oxygen on Aki's eyes and in his mouth.), and packing significantly higher temperatures than Reze's explosions.

(Her's are stronger but Roy's are vastly less predictable and has enough AP to turn 8-C's into boiled fat and vaping steel cuffs with the sheer heat of his flame Alchemy. Remember Roy isn't the Explosion Alchemy guy, he doesn't really create explosions. They're just indirect byproducts of his fire based Alchemy. The main aspect is heat, not big explosions. Making that comparison moot and useless since unlike Reze, Roy's thing isn't bombs or blowing shit up but rather the manipulation of fire.)

Back