• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sci-Fi game protagonists (Forsaken Gang Goon vs Adam Jensen)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Cyber Punk : 7
Cyber Action Hero : 0
Incon : 0

9-A versions used
The Punk has prior knowledge
Speed equalized
Both have optional equipment
Starting distance is 30 meters with no line of sight

And finally, a CY-BORG match featuring a protagonist. Adam is haxed to all hell so let's see how well this'll work

Last edited:
Jensen has a little over an 8x AP gap against the Goon, and the Goon also is only 9-A with their highest tier weapons (rockets and sniper). That dude one-taps the Goon for sure.

Jensen has a little over an 8x AP gap against the Goon, and the Goon also is only 9-A with their highest tier weapons (rockets and sniper). That dude one-taps the Goon for sure.
Doesn't the goon have a ton of dura negation tools? I gave both optional equipment

Oh, sure, a few. I'm just saying, anything Jensen does wins for him, whereas this is not so for the Goon. It might not be a stomp but it's a hefty ******' hill to crest, and even so I believe Jensen is literally guaranteed victory here.

I am not opposed to just... letting my page lose. I'm not trying to sound whiny here, just giving my professional opinion that this dude gets ******' exploded real easily in this fight. If you would like to tip the scales, prior knowledge helps somewhat, yeah- a more in-depth approach may be used by the Goon, a discussion may be needed at that point.

Aight sounds like a plan, been ages since I looked at Deus Ex though might try and put Adam up against Commander Shepard sometime

Okay so Goon seems to have some pretty useful probability manip, seems like there's a cap on it but it could allow them to avoid one shots at least.

Okay so Goon seems to have some pretty useful probability manip, seems like there's a cap on it but it could allow them to avoid one shots at least.
Aye. Undo attacks, mitigate damage, maximize his own damage, and resist effects he wouldn't otherwise resist.

As for other points, while I'm here:

- Hacking shouldn't be an issue, since Jensen has nanomachine-level tech to resist it. This is a vague scale but that puts them on a similar level of technology, meaning the Gang-Goon is unlikely to go with that route.

- I would say the Gang-Goon has a better means of tracking Jensen than vice versa, given they have perfect tracking at 50m range; the Visionvisor is also significant in the Goon's favor, as it grants him ultrasound detection and zoomable vision, among other lesser benefits

- Despite having the ability to fly, it is specifically ill-suited to combat so Jensen certainly has the mobility advantage via acrobatics alone; any significant feat of acrobatics would warrant this

- Combat skill probably goes to Jensen, given what he is, but the Goon is extremely savvy both in melee and ranged, moreso than soldiers.

- Nano would end this fight pretty much instantly if the Goon wanted to risk that. To Dust could wipe out cybernetic upgrades, Crawling Carapace should allow the Goon to outright survive attacks from Jensen for a brief period of time, Remote Control is short-range but guaranteed victory ("Kill yourself" or something similar). Given prior knowledge and the uselessness of much of his arsenal, the Goon may well go for Nano since he has it.

- Going into other optional equipment, there are FUCKLOADS of incap methods here that would, on a hit, more or less guarantee victory. Nanotrigger rounds are random but many would be significant enough to earn a victory (Nanite Echo spawning a duplicate of Jensen that is hostile to him, The Third Eye effectively sense-wiping Jensen for the rest of the fight, Gills making him unable to ******* breathe anymore, Radiance making him a walking self-harming radioactive waste, etc). Other instant-wins would be the Filament Knife, void grenade or, because of Jensen operating so much on technology, even maybe an ePulse Grenade?

- It is worth noting that with unequivocal access to optional equipment, the Goon can die at least once and guaranteed come back to fight.

With prior knowledge allowing the Goon to not go for their traditional strategies, and having access to optional gear, I would say more often than not the Goon would win. Even though they need to get to closer range for many of their instant-win strategies, they have access to gear that makes this substantially easier to do (better tracking, better senses, invisibility, etc). A single bullet, a single touch, a single word- all can potentially win for the Goon. This vote bears in mind that any use of Nano could, at random, negatively affect the Goon- but the odds of that being as debilitating for them compared to Jensen is low.

For now, count my ass in favor of the Goon for this fight.

Fair points there Goon fra with what Bambu said.

On the topic of sense wiping Jensen iirc can fight with his entire array of senses being hacked/corrupted so that shouldn't hinder him and his ap is still enough that he can win with just a lovetap and from what I glanced at there Goon can only do probability manip so many times.

Fair points there Goon fra with what Bambu said.

On the topic of sense wiping Jensen iirc can fight with his entire array of senses being hacked/corrupted so that shouldn't hinder him and his ap is still enough that he can win with just a lovetap and from what I glanced at there Goon can only do probability manip so many times.
As in, he does not rely on his senses at all, or he has at least dealt with that in the past and would handle it better than most?

And aye, a single hit from Jensen would kill the Goon without the Goon using damage reduction (although even one or two shots being totally mitigated by a Glitch would be a significant factor when the Goon theoretically would only need those one or two).

As in, he does not rely on his senses at all, or he has at least dealt with that in the past and would handle it better than most?
I remember there's this feat of him fighting Namir, where if he visits a limb clinic at a certain point he'll get his hud and other sense all messed up from the look of it.

I remember there's this feat of him fighting Namir, where if he visits a limb clinic at a certain point he'll get his hud and other sense all messed up from the look of it.

I would say he's clearly messed up there, so the Third Eye is less an instant win and more a minor setback, then. I would still say that, with prior knowledge and optional equipment/abilities, the Goon has enough to consistently take the win.

And just to get this concluded

Gangster FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back