• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Just a couple of small things.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
So I just wanted to ask a couple of questions, i've left it in one post because they're only small.

1: What tier is knocking down a tree? Is there a calc for it anywhere. As far as I know it's Wall level based on various animal pages, but there's no calc that i've found for it. If there is one a link would be appreciated so I could add it to a page i'm working on.

2: If a character survives multiple attacks at a certain power level, could it bring the character up a tier?

So, if a character withstands a baseline 9-A attack for example, obviously thats a 9-A character. But, if a character is capable of withstanding 60 of that same 9-A attack all at once, would that bring them into 8-C?

1) Unfortunately it's not on there, I'll request it on the calculation request thread.

2) Ok thanks anyway, is there anyone who may know this that I could contact?

1) Okay.

2) I am not sure. Sorry. Anyway, I suppose that it probably depends on if the 60 attacks are truly cumulative and instantaneous, or follow closely after each other.

Ok thanks. It should be ok in my case then as the attacks are all at the same time. Thanks again for answering!

The 60 attacks thing was simply an example. My problem is the same concept though.

Basically i'm currently working on profiles for Ark: Survival Evolved, and looking for different ways to tier them (Mainly for when I start working on regular creatures that aren't comparable at all to the boss creatures i've made so far) For this, i've gone through the health of every creature in the game which in result, could lead to a certain amount of Grenade blasts, which can happen simultaneously. This will obviously result in a certain tier, but i've recently thought the idea may not be valid, so I just thought i'd ask.

Let's say that the 60 blasts are 8-C at their total energy, but I assume that not every piece of explosion's area reaches the creature. If one blast deals very baseline 9-A damage, at least 9-A, likely 8-C tier would be appropriate for 60 simultaneous blasts, just to be at the safe side.

And yeah, like Antvasima said, it is very likely to be a game mechanics element.

It could be, that's one reason I thought it could be wrong, but it would still take a certain amount of grenades to kill each creature, and scaling to the current creatures I've made which have calcs would make scaling in the entire verse weird. Perhaps I should base it on them surviving a single grenade until I find a better method.

Back