• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the thread is closed long ago, but some people still argue with the author's statement. Imao you can't be serious thinking your calculation is more accurate than the explicit statement from the author.

I thought the thread is closed long ago, but some people still argue with the author's statement. Imao you can't be serious thinking your calculation is more accurate than the explicit statement from the author.
It's Jujutsu Kaisen

@LIFE_OF_KING where is this accepted, because I've never seen this accepted for any verse a day in my life
I mean, it is accepted. When a character moves so fast that he simply disappears from the page we normally use the reaction speed of the human eye. However, I don't think this is necessarily applicable in the case of my calculation, since well, it's not a relevant scene to show the speed level of the enemies or anything. But I can still see an argument for the calculation being usable

Some of my speed calculations are wank btw. So if some of they look sus it's probably because there's something wrong

But my dude, there's one caveat to that.
While the explosion has to be that fast by absolute pure virtue of being an explosion, and under most circumstances you'd be right. The initiation doesn't have to be the same speed,
It depends what you mean by initiation. Based on what we see the process is as follows Get body part to desired location - Detonate object with thought - object detonates. If the subject in question were either of the former, I'd agree with you. But because the hash lines indicate the latter, the process of VOD has already begun even if the author has chosen to show us the absolute beginning of the process.
and in this case, definitely not, when we're talking about supernatural wacky magic mechanisms.
I guess where we would differ would be in that the mechanism doesn't matter much to me here given the objectiveness of the consequence. If he is converting matter into explosions, then when we see those hash lines, it means that process has begun. If the calcium in his teeth is being turned into an explosive, it would stand to reason the rate of chemical decomposition needed to create an explosion (1,000m/s) would need to be comparable for that to be possible.

It'd be the same to me if someone utilized magic to create a fireball that vaporized a log of wood. I can still make certain implications about heat and energy of the flame given the consequences.
It could be anything. Does it just light up then violently explode?
The hashlines, the aforementioned sound effects, and the expanding of the item's surfaces are the three things we see. In the first explosion, we also light before hitting megumi, which one would expect as an indicator of an explosion as any light would far outpace the explosion and subsequent fireball.
, I disagree with that feat.
Fair.

Takaba's feat is also wrong. I should have used the diameter of the explosion, not the radius. This will decrease the calc by more than 4 times

I knew this the day after the calculation was accepted, but then I got lazy to correct it

So basically because Gege didn't put the Fwwsh you think we can ignore the lines that blatantly indicate the explosion happened?

So I guess we're gonna ignore this scan to with the lines but no fwssh effect or projected light?
Read official trans and you would see it
0168-020.png

main-qimg-a728102bdb1fda78c0c8dc130f752e9e

@KingTempest
@Cyberblader90
The gif shows Gojo falling. Not sure if this is enough to argue he did move and not jump.
No smoke pathways, and the anime shows that he was inside of the explosion.

So this either means he jumped with the explosion, the explosion blasted him upwards, or he had infinity on. Nothing says he dodged it sideways or anything.

No smoke pathways, and the anime shows that he was inside of the explosion.

So this either means he jumped with the explosion, the explosion blasted him upwards, or he had infinity on. Nothing says he dodged it sideways or anything.
He had infinity on. So the explosion destroyed itself. And he just jumped from it.

He had infinity on. So the explosion destroyed itself. And he just jumped from it.
Some people say he didn't, I don't see anything that says so though, since both anime and manga show that the bugs that tried to stab him couldn't because of it, and the entire idea of the fight was that he was flexing infinity so he wouldn't dodge (which is why Jogo tagged him over and over, cause he let him).

So idk if this is a good feat to calc

@CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @DemonGodMitchAubin

Choso shot an attack a certain distance away from Yuji.
Yuji just started to move when it was a few centimeters away from his face.

To calc perception, would you calc
A. The distance the entire attack covered before Yuji started to move?
B. The distance between Yuji's face and the attack after it has covered a certain distance.
B. The distance between Yuji's face and the attack after it has covered a certain distance. It's not like the projectile would just drop in velocity until it reaches a few meters.

Even for bullet-dodging feats one would use bullet drop velocity and the distance between bullet and character the moment the character starts to move after said bullet crosses a certain distance but most bullet-dodging feats happen within melee range to a dozen meters at most which is remotely not enough for bullet drop velocity to occur.

Even our Projectile Dodging Feats page says as much:

• (Distance the character moved in meters) x (Speed of projectile in meters/s) / (Distance the projectile was away from the character when he/she started to move in meters)

B. The distance between Yuji's face and the attack after it has covered a certain distance. It's not like the projectile would just drop in velocity until it reaches a few meters.

• (Distance the character moved in meters) x (Speed of projectile in meters/s) / (Distance the projectile was away from the character when he/she started to move in meters)
This is the formula for dodging.

I'm referencing the formula for perception/reactions of projectiles.

Distance of moved object / Speed of projectile = timeframe

Even for bullet-dodging feats one would use bullet drop velocity and the distance between bullet and character the moment the character starts to move after said bullet crosses a certain distance but most bullet-dodging feats happen within melee range to a dozen meters at most which is remotely not enough for bullet drop velocity to occur.

actually the implication is it slows down really fast, right after the sonic boom

0103-007.png

0103-008.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back