• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JUJUTSU KAISEN SPEED DOWNGRADE CONT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so this is for perception speed but not for movement speed yeah? Like Yuji's perception is able to see it leave choso's hand but his movement speed?
Idk about movement speed, because that's movement.

For perception, it'll be

(Distance Piercing Blood Moves) / (Speed of Piercing Blood) = Yuji's Perception Timeframe

What about the distance between them when it's closer? Doesn't something being closer make the feat greater?
In this case it would as the PB isn't at static speed from the distance, as we see it accelerate faster than sound in front of Uraumes face. AS it's getting faster when approaching Uraume, their reactions would need to be equivalent to it.

thats an assumption

naoya's speed depends entirely on acceleration, as it varies on that factor

unknown.png

the dialogue in 193 suggests he hadnt hit speed of sound or faster acceleration, as maki hypothesizes that would be the speed he was going to bull rush them at (she was wrong because he included the binding vow that let him hit mach 3)

When he punches kamo prior, there isnt any shown acceleration, nor a sonic boom (human naoya made a sonic boom when hitting top speed form accelerating for a while)
Prior to even hitting fullspeed Naoya was literally intercepting and nigh blitzing Maki. It is blatantly made clear that curse Naoya is > his human self as a simple launch initially also pressured Maki to only be capable of putting up a block.

Not to mention, you are still ignoring the overarching point being made here. Mach 3 >>>>>>> Sub sonic (which Maki can barely keep up with) >= Maki > Kamo who somehow can react to blitzes similar to Maki? Address the internal consistency.

In this case it would as the PB isn't at static speed from the distance, as we see it accelerate faster than sound in front of Uraumes face. AS it's getting faster when approaching Uraume, their reactions would need to be equivalent to it.
Yeah that's fine that it accelerated, I still think Uraume had already begin reacting prior to that.

When has piercing blood EVER accelerated?

No, because I tried it.

Yuji first started looking at it when it left Choso's hands. He fully perceived it when it got close, and then he started to move.

But he's been looking at it since it was at Choso's hands, so the distance used would be the distance between Yuji and Choso, not Yuji and the Piercing Blood after it's a few cm away from his face
No, that's not how any reaction feats work. If we can see the distance between a person and the projectile and can see the person hasn't initiated movement, you use the distance between them. Even if I am >>>> bullet speed and just want to flex by letting the bullet reach my face, the bare minimum speed would still be my movement before the project can cross the distance.

Your method only works when we can't see how close a projectile got to somebody as is the case in Yuji dodging bullets and Getou blocking bullets.

By your logic all of the Maki calcs are invalid because we use the distance from her face and not her eye because she clearly saw Mai fire the gun in front of her.

No, that's not how any reaction feats work. If we can see the distance between a person and the projectile and can see the person hasn't initiated movement, you use the distance between them. Even if I am >>>> bullet speed and just want to flex by letting the bullet reach my face, the bare minimum speed would still be my movement before the project can cross the distance.

Your method only works when we can't see how close a projectile got to somebody as is the case in Yuji dodging bullets and Getou blocking bullets.

By your logic all of the Maki calcs are invalid because we use the distance from her face and not her eye because she clearly saw Mai fire the gun in front of her.
Do I need to call CGMs in here to prove this point wrong?

I quite literally just linked a thread saying that is wrong.

Idk maybe it was when it was shot Uraume and we see it travel to that 5/6 meters you got before it actually surpasses sound and it didn't straight when it fired hmm
Drop the "hmmm". Your attitude's annoying as shit.

This was stated to be a specifically strong Piercing Blood. It could just be faster than sound for both, we didn't see its speed in the beginning.

You should since Arc isn't a cgm, which is where you're getting this info from. Not discrediting him but cgm may have a different opinion considering the amount of calcs I've seen calced like this way.

You should since Arc isn't a cgm, which is where you're getting this info from. Not discrediting him but cgm may have a different opinion considering the amount of calcs I've seen calced like this way.
Damage, a CGM, is the one who cosigned his point, and he was the original maker of the point that Arc just clarified.

Yeah that's fine that it accelerated, I still think Uraume had already begin reacting prior to that.
The point is that because it accelerating as it gets closer, Uraume would need to perceive and react to its increasing speed. Its fine that if they reacted to it when it was fired.

Damage, a CGM, is the one who cosigned his point, and he was the original maker of the point that Arc just clarified.
Yeah you should get other cgm lol, I've seen cgm people disagree with Damage on multiple occasions so it's best for others to give their take here.

Drop the "hmmm". Your attitude's annoying as shit.

This was stated to be a specifically strong Piercing Blood. It could just be faster than sound for both, we didn't see its speed in the beginning.
Your lack of understanding why something is an inconsistency is annoying as shit "Oh no Kamo shouldn't faster" damn, that's crazy almost likes it inconsistent with what's being prosed.

The point is that because it accelerating as it gets closer, Uraume would need to perceive and react to its increasing speed. Its fine that if they reacted to it when it was fired.
Finding the timeframe is simply, its just the distance/speed, with the speed of Piercing Blood being above sound by an unknown degree, I'll use sound as a lowball.

10.8632352941/343= 0.000316712 (Hypersonic)

You're trying to get perception from this no? You understand the massive inconsistency with his hands moving at only subsonic but his perception being hypersonic but then arguing the characters are hypersonic right?

Finding the timeframe is simply, its just the distance/speed, with the speed of Piercing Blood being above sound by an unknown degree, I'll use sound as a lowball.

10.8632352941/343= 0.000316712 (Hypersonic)

You're trying to get perception from this no? You understand the massive inconsistency with his hands moving at only subsonic but his perception being hypersonic but then arguing the characters are hypersonic right?
not really, many calcs are done like this and many characters often have "x combat speed, with y reaction speed" for the large different in combat and reactions.

Yes please do. There are literally dozen of feats that are calced this way on the site. Therfir ******* calced the Maki feat for instance.

This is also just ******* common sense. Regardless if someone perceives a projectile that is already in the air, if they don't move until it's inches or feet away from them, they still need to outpace the speed of the projectile from said distance when they initiate movement.

Yeah you should get other cgm lol, I've seen cgm people disagree with Damage on multiple occasions so it's best for others to give their take here.
@CloverDragon03 @KLOL506 @DemonGodMitchAubin

Choso shot an attack a certain distance away from Yuji.
Yuji just started to move when it was a few centimeters away from his face.

To calc perception, would you calc
A. The distance the entire attack covered before Yuji started to move?
B. The distance between Yuji's face and the attack after it has covered a certain distance.

Your lack of understanding why something is an inconsistency is annoying as shit "Oh no Kamo shouldn't faster" damn, that's crazy almost likes it inconsistent with what's being prosed.
You don't know what inconsistency is.

I brought up multiple reasons to why Kamo shouldn't be faster, including him getting blitzed multiple times and his statement of Naoya's speed.
You brought up 1 calc and recent chapter bs.

Yours is inconsistent. Mine is backed by narrative and canon. So grow the **** up and remove the attitude.

Yes please do. There are literally dozen of feats that are calced this way on the site. Therfir ******* calced the Maki feat for instance.

This is also just ******* common sense. Regardless if someone perceives a projectile that is already in the air, if they don't move until it's inches or feet away from them, they still need to outpace the speed of the projectile from said distance when they initiate movement.
You talking about outpacing.

Nobody is talking about outpacing and speed.

We're talking about the perception.

Yuji fully perceived it when it reached his face, which means the full timeframe is the timeframe spent when it was traveling a far distance.

Those who are against Subsonic are simply delaying the inevitable ngl. Even if the characters continue with hypersonic speed, sooner or later more and more inconsistencies will appear, causing more and more discussions like this to happen, and with that, more and more waste of time with the same cycle of arguments. It is explicit what the Gege thinks about the speed of the verse. You guys are wasting a lot of energy on this even though it's not worth it.

Sad as ****, but thats it

You don't know what inconsistency is.

I brought up multiple reasons to why Kamo shouldn't be faster, including him getting blitzed multiple times and his statement of Naoya's speed.
You brought up 1 calc and recent chapter bs.

Yours is inconsistent. Mine is backed by narrative and canon. So grow the **** up and remove the attitude.
That's why its a inconsistency, because the feat isn't lining up with the narrative. You've done nothing but keep saying "hey the feat makes no sense because earlier he was blitz, but now he reacts to it, along side not lining up with the narrative"... That's an inconsistency

That's why its a inconsistency, because the feat isn't lining up with the narrative. You've done nothing but keep saying "hey the feat makes no sense because earlier he was blitz, but now he reacts to it, along side not lining up with the narrative"... That's an inconsistency
THE INCONSISTENCY IS THE FEAT

The feat is an OUTLIER.

It's that simple.

Kamo got BLITZED by him. He couldn't see him. He remembers when he couldn't see him. He talks about his speed repeatedly.

Now he blocked it and that takes precedence over everything else?

You talking about outpacing.

Nobody is talking about outpacing and speed.

We're talking about the perception.

Yuji fully perceived it when it reached his face, which means the full timeframe is the timeframe spent when it was traveling a far distance.
No, perception means nothing if we have a movement because the movement speed is always going to be slower than the perception speed. The perception speed alone is largely irrelevant. there are things that we can perceive yet not respond to. Calcs don't really care about that for most feats.

What we are concerned with is the movement (because once again movement speed gives you the barebones speed which will 99% be < reactions) because that is what was needed to not get his shit punched in. In these cases you take the distance away from the character from their stand-still position and then calculate how far they had to move in comparison to the speed of the projectile before it reached them.

not really, many calcs are done like this and many characters often have "x combat speed, with y reaction speed" for the large different in combat and reactions.
My guy the results literally go against your scaling, you guys believe the characters to be Hypersonic, if we're getting subsonic hand movements that's a problem.

Kamo feat is just a clear example of outlier.
Feel like even if we accepted Naoya's speed in base as sos or higher, Kamo's reaction to it would be an outlier as previously the cursed womb form Naoya blitzed Kamo as he couldn't see him, then we get Kamo needing to prepare a counter for sos. So the feat very well is just an outlier as it does not line up with what is portrayed for Kamo.

No, perception means nothing if we have a movement because the movement speed is always going to be slower than the perception speed. The perception speed alone is largely irrelevant. there are things that we can perceive yet not respond to. Calcs don't really care about that for most feats.

What we are concerned with is the movement (because once again movement speed gives you the barebones speed which will 99% be < reactions) because that is what was needed to not get his shit punched in. In these cases you take the distance away from the character from their stand-still position and then calculate how far they had to move in comparison to the speed of the projectile before it reached them.
Idk how to tell you, but this is flat out not accepted.

Shit, even the calcs that you guys keep bringing up as supports haven't even been evaluated yet.

So frankly unless you have a CGM come and disagree with the others' point, it's wrong.

Those who are against Subsonic are simply delaying the inevitable ngl. Even if the characters continue with hypersonic speed, sooner or later more and more inconsistencies will appear, causing more and more discussions like this to happen, and with that, more and more waste of time with the same cycle of arguments. It is explicit what the Gege thinks about the speed of the verse. You guys are wasting a lot of energy on this even though it's not worth it.

Sad as ****, but thats it
This is an argument from ignorance and I can just as plainly say the opposite will happen and in fact, that has been the case. We've gotten much better feats despite the supersonic statements.

Your side also keeps sidestepping that subsonic JJK makes no sense based on the evidence being portrayed as their fulcrum.

If you agree with the downgrade than JJK top tiers aren't even remotely subsonic. Any subsonic feats from non top tiers is evidence against this argument of consistency.

This is an argument from ignorance and I can just as plainly say the opposite will happen and in fact, that has been the case. We've gotten much better feats despite the supersonic statements.

Your side also keeps sidestepping that subsonic JJK makes no sense based on the evidence being portrayed as their fulcrum.

If you agree with the downgrade than JJK top tiers aren't even remotely subsonic. Any subsonic feats from non top tiers is evidence against this argument of consistency.
Half of your calcs are bullshit and like 80% of them aren't even accepted yet. You barely have any good feats

My guy the results literally go against your scaling, you guys believe the characters to be Hypersonic, if we're getting subsonic hand movements that's a problem.
It doesn't be cause, it shown multiple times they have reactions within these ranges. All this did, if anything is have a lower combat speed.

Half of your calcs are bullshit and like 80% of them aren't even accepted yet. You barely have any good feats
No, you just refuse to read my argument. Anything subsonic is in my favor. Not my fault you like to ignore arguments that don't suit your agenda.

Also, please don't forget that you guys are arguing against the current accepted speed scaling. so please stop acting like this shit wasn't already accepted when we have the supersonic statements that were previously ruled inconsistent.

The new evidence being used for this thread is the Maki feat and it's already been shown why it's utter nonsense.

It doesn't be cause, it shown multiple times they have reactions within these ranges. All this did, if anything is have a lower combat speed.
Half of your calcs are built on wrong logic. It's not shown multiple times.

Send me every evaluated calc you guys have.
No, you just refuse to read my argument. Anything subsonic is in my favor. Not my fault you like to ignore arguments that don't suit your agenda.

Also, please don't forget that you guys are arguing against the current accepted speed scaling. so please stop acting like this shit wasn't already accepted when we have the supersonic statements that were previously ruled inconsistent.

The new evidence being used for this thread is the Maki feat and it's already been shown why it's utter nonsense.
How the **** is subsonic in your favor when our point is that subsonic is the counterpoint.

You have like 3 accepted calcs on the profiles that prove this.

There is no new evidence until you get new feats evaluated.

Get them all evaluated then your argument holds weight

The reaction speed should be consistent across the calcs no? And the subsonic is actually pretty consistent from the calcs you guys have done here in this thread. That's a clear showing the speed is again not in the hypersonic range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back