• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

megumi will return whit down syndrome after tanking unlimited void and a hollow purple 💀
Megumi finna get back into his body and start doing this:

bocchi-the-rock-bocchie.gif

Here's a question. What do you think is the most controversial aspect of JJK scaling, and what do you think is the least?

In my opinion intelligence scaling is probably the least considering the fact that intel scaling in general is typically not as high-brow like AP or hax revisions, but sometimes depending on the character or the ranking you might get some pushback, like getting a character to Extraordinary Genius or Supergenius.

In terms of the most, I think it's speed. Speed is kinda all over the place with a lot of feats here and there, but also a couple of inconsistencies. Probably the most egregious example is anything involving Kashimo's, anything. Both the lightning feat performed by Hakari and the MBA feat by Sukuna are quite huge feats, but there are also some narrative issues with it alongside just general outlier shit.

What do you think?

Here's a question. What do you think is the most controversial aspect of JJK scaling, and what do you think is the least?

In my opinion intelligence scaling is probably the least considering the fact that intel scaling in general is typically not as high-brow like AP or hax revisions, but sometimes depending on the character or the ranking you might get some pushback, like getting a character to Extraordinary Genius or Supergenius.

In terms of the most, I think it's speed. Speed is kinda all over the place with a lot of feats here and there, but also a couple of inconsistencies. Probably the most egregious example is anything involving Kashimo's, anything. Both the lightning feat performed by Hakari and the MBA feat by Sukuna are quite huge feats, but there are also some narrative issues with it alongside just general outlier shit.

What do you think?
I see your points and pretty much agree w/them.

Though, I'd still count the lightning feat b/w Hakari and Kashimo given the notes left from Gege. At least to me, it shows he put deliberate thought into that scene other than it just looks cool and/or adds to the fight.

I doubt this is the biggest of controversies (or if it is one), I remember some comparisons of JJK's scaling compared to other verses. Sometimes it can feel like an unfair double standard or JJK is held to a higher one. Any thoughts?

What do you think?
speed is a mess in this verse yeah, agree whit ya, a lot of people tells me sukuna should be light speed since he "dodge" a mba kashimo blast even though it could have "probably" been an aim dodge

Though, I'd still count the lightning feat b/w Hakari and Kashimo given the notes left from Gege. At least to me, it shows he put deliberate thought into that scene other than it just looks cool and/or adds to the fight.

I doubt this is the biggest of controversies (or if it is one), I remember some comparisons of JJK's scaling compared to other verses. Sometimes it can feel like an unfair double standard or JJK is held to a higher one. Any thoughts?
I also feel like JJK is double standarded when it comes to stuff because of popularity. I faced this excat same thing with Dragon Ball. Some verses can get away with shit while others not so much, JJK is the latter case.

There are also other feats like Toji dodging Megumi's stab too, which was calc'd at hypersonic, but doesn't fit because Maki was dodging VS Naoya with ANPR while he was stated to be mach 3.

The thing about Hakari's feat is that somehow he was MHS while Naobito was only transonic, which seemed hella weird considering Naobito was the second fastest behind Gojo. The EMS feat 100% is jank as hell because somehow Sukuna, who is in my opinion MHS, while weakened casted WCS faster than light.

More reaction speed than combat tbh. Maybe perception speed.
yeah that, also i just wanted to add, i dont think WCS is speed of light or anything, since even though it did catch that MBA kashimo blast, it was more then anything sukuna aiming just at kashimo and WCS just went through the blast since it just happened to be in the direction of it

What notes

How weak Sukuna actually is in each fight? I've been wanting to do this for a few weeks now and this might help us figure out a better scaling for post Gojo fight Sukuna.

Gray: Neutral, injuries from Gojo fight.
Green: Healing, getting his output and RCT back
Red: Debuffs

Vs Kashimo
After Kashimo, nothing really happened with his regen, output or anything.

Vs Yuji and Higuruma
Vs Yuta and Yuji
Vs Maki
Vs Miguel's gang
Vs Yuji
Vs Jujutsu High
Vs Itadori and Todo
Vs Itadori
Conclusion
During the arc, everyone seems to be comparable to everyone, but in regards to scaling to Sukuna:
  • Kashimo, Higuruma, Yuji and Yuta fought the healthiest Sukuna.
  • The weakest Sukuna is from the current fight.
  • Yuji's punches don't seem to have any effect when only one is hit, multiple punches need to be hit in order to decrease the output.

Last edited:
What notes
In the volume that ch. came out in, there were some notes of Gege explaining Kashimo's lightning and about him asking an expert to get it depicted/explained right
I also feel like JJK is double standarded when it comes to stuff because of popularity. I faced this excat same thing with Dragon Ball. Some verses can get away with shit while others not so much, JJK is the latter case.

There are also other feats like Toji dodging Megumi's stab too, which was calc'd at hypersonic, but doesn't fit because Maki was dodging VS Naoya with ANPR while he was stated to be mach 3.

The thing about Hakari's feat is that somehow he was MHS while Naobito was only transonic, which seemed hella weird considering Naobito was the second fastest behind Gojo. The EMS feat 100% is jank as hell because somehow Sukuna, who is in my opinion MHS, while weakened casted WCS faster than light.
Honestly, I'm not sure if our wiki's overall standards on this particular issue might need to be discussed. At the very least, I try to look at this as it being a higher standard, almost like it's a compliment; JJK would have a much more accurate and reasonable depiction than like 95% of other verses. Still, it's more important that things should be fair

I have some complaints/concerns of Naobito being the fastest but you probably don't wanna hear me rant about that... again.

How weak Sukuna actually is in each fight? I've been wanting to do this for a few weeks now and this might help us figure out a better scaling for post Gojo fight Sukuna.

Gray: Neutral, injuries from Gojo fight.
Green: Healing, getting his output and RCT back
Red: Debuffs

Vs Kashimo
After Kashimo, nothing really happened with his regen, output or anything.

Vs Yuji and Higuruma
Vs Yuta and Yuji
Vs Maki
Vs Miguel's gang
Vs Yuji
Vs Jujutsu High
Vs Itadori and Todo
Vs Itadori
Conclusion
  • During the arc, everyone seems to be comparable to everyone, but in regards to scaling to Sukuna:
  • Kashimo, Higuruma, Yuji and Yuta fought the healthiest Sukuna.
  • The weakest Sukuna is from the current fight.
  • Yuji's punches don't seem to have any effect when only one is hit, multiple punches need to be hit in order to decrease the output.
P1UGgxM.jpg

Nice, tho one thing that should be noted is that the injuries from the Gojo fight alone are significant enough to where Yuta and Yuji would have gotten annihilated without them

The Toji calc was unusable for many reasons, people gotta stop propping up rejected/unevaluated Hypersonic to MHS calcs of feats other than Kashimo's stuff to prove consistency

Back