• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

Mashle's new season dropped first, is already over, and its a newer IP in terms of Anime and Manga. MHA has mostly platued due to its length, how its been around consistently in terms of anime these last few years, and how long its been around whereas Mashle still has space to build up. Feelings on the series are also important, but actually probably the least important aspect of all of this

How fast is Sukuna's world slash, or is it instateneous?
Well, it does cut through a light speed attack, so you could could argue something like light speed or FTL.

But that's only if you want to go through a whole argument.

In actuality, it has a travel speed most-likely since it is just Dismantle with a broadened range so it should probably be a bit faster than his normal dismantle if the chants amp speed any.

So i reread the whole Sukuna gauntlent after the Gojo fight and i gotta say, this arc is so much more enjoyable when read in one go rather than week by week. Like i have a few writting issues but goddamn is it such an entertaining arc to read through

I mean, if the weekly manga author cannot make it readable on a weekly basis, I think we have an issue.

I mean, if the weekly manga author cannot make it readable on a weekly basis, I think we have an issue.
That's fair, my main issue with reading it weekly is that Gege keeps ending the chapters on these big cliffhangers which may or may not pay out in any meaningfull way (coughExecutioners Swordcough), which gets really tiring after a while.

Like after 236 i think the only time where an end of chapter cliffhanger has actually got me hyped was 260. A lot of other times it just feels like it's not gonna amount to anything major and Gege is just baiting us

So i reread the whole Sukuna gauntlent after the Gojo fight and i gotta say, this arc is so much more enjoyable when read in one go rather than week by week. Like i have a few writting issues but goddamn is it such an entertaining arc to read through
Really? I've read this being the way to do it so I did it yesterday, and I gotta say I think its just a underwhelming arc for a final arc. The fighting was okay, just think I expected more going on with them post training, but we get almost nothing from the start. Throwing character after character at Sukuna after one loses also begins to be boring when they don't offer something new or show anything different. I'm not saying its not enjoyable, it is if you're looking to pass some time, but it just makes me feel like Gege didn't want to write anymore.

The real, real question is if Mei Mei going to get off her ass and join the fight.
Mark my words:

Bird strike is gonna one shot Sukuna in the end. She’s gonna unleash a horde of thousands of bird strikes and beat Sukuna, proving undoubtedly the strongest sorcerer is Mei Mei

Really? I've read this being the way to do it so I did it yesterday, and I gotta say I think its just a underwhelming arc for a final arc. The fighting was okay, just think I expected more going on with them post training, but we get almost nothing from the start. Throwing character after character at Sukuna after one loses also begins to be boring when they don't offer something new or show anything different. I'm not saying its not enjoyable, it is if you're looking to pass some time, but it just makes me feel like Gege didn't want to write anymore.
Disagree tbh, i think Gege has done a really good job of both making Sukuna feel like a straight up raid boss and tying up a bunch of plot threads and themes of the series.

Like i said i have some issues, mainly Yuta consuming Sukuna's finger only for it to amount to basically nothing and Todo's return feeling pretty underwhelming.

Why would he have Gojo's skill? He still has to get used to muscle memory if that even exist here, doesn't have proper control of six eyes, never used Limitless and probably doesn't understand what manipulating space at an atomic level even means, plus the guy doesn't know how to do rct lmao. No way Gege gonna make him good as Gojo. This fight might not even involve Limitless given its a domain battle right away.

I second this, also since we read it week by week (I read weekly since chapter 249) it feels like a lot of time has passed, causing Hakari stalling Uraume meme

In reality all of this happened in a very short time, kinda like how war arc lasted only 2 days or whatever

I have a pretty big line of reasoning I was going down in my head, so this may end up being a pretty lengthy post, but it'll either demonstrate Gojo had gotten noticeably stronger since Volume 0, Kenjaku is (for whatever reason) significantly weaker than Geto was, or that both Geto and Gojo are frauds with low IQ. I'm strongly leaning towards the initial conclusion as it seems the most probable, but I'd be interested in other people's opinions.

The first thing which stuck out to me re-reading Volume 0 was Geto's confidence as opposed to Kenjaku's own confidence. When Geto is envisioning a war between jujutsu society and his own group he claims the likelihood of victory would be below 20% ("呪術連まで出てきたら2割にも満たないだろうね" = "If the jujutsu sorcerers show up, it probably won't even reach 20%") and that, if he possessed Rika, then that would reach 99% ("だがその なけなしの勝率を9割9分まで引き上げる手段が" = "However, there is a way to raise that meager win rate to 99%"). However, when Kenjaku is discussing his plan to defeat Gojo, the conversation is completely different. Kenjaku is better at curse spirit manipulation than Geto ever was, has such efficient RCT that he can regrow arms like it's nothing which is very unlike Geto, and is one of the few people in history who can match Tengen in barrier techniques, with the added benefit of 10 million curse spirits relative in quality to Geto's, gravity manipulation and a potential 4th CT. Kenjaku is also confident that he could effectively no-diff Yuta, which everyone in the verse agrees with unanimously, so gaining Rika also isn't an issue with Kenjaku. So Kenjaku by all means should possess that 20% likelihood, if not the 99%, and yet the fanbook says it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Kenjaku to kill Gojo under any conditions, which Kenjaku repeats and even suspects he'd need 1,000 years of prep time to fight Gojo, with him also saying Gojo could kill him INSTANTLY and living in fear of that prospect.

My initial interpretation here was that Geto was simply wrong, that he simply didn't know how strong Gojo had become since his teenage years, which is possible given even Kenjaku had severely underestimated Gojo's strength ironically enough. However the scarce relativity between Geto and Gojo in this time period doesn't seem like just an error; Gojo himself considered Geto's strategic knowledge almost infallible and when he was in arms length of Geto he couldn't attack out of fear Geto would have enough speed to react and harm the students, something Kenjaku absolutely cannot do given he saw 16F Sukuna and Gojo as a blur when they clashed, and Gojo has the six eyes so overestimating an opponent becomes far less likely. Even unbiased perspectives like Mei Mei sided with Geto winning the war, so there definitely wasn't a recognised massive gap between them. Further, we then Miguel who's physically equal to Volume 0 Gojo in certain areas who Geto believed could only stall Gojo (compared to believing he could BEAT Gojo), and with this same Miguel have vastly inferior feats compared to current Gojo. So it could still be the case that both Geto AND Gojo were wrong and that Miguel is secretly a top tier who, due to being cowardly, simply never showed off this strength, it's possible, but is it also not just more likely here that Gojo - the guy who is known to train his CT even after he became the peak of jujutsu society - got stronger over the course of a year? We also know Gojo never reached his full potential, during the Sukuna fight he was growing to new heights, using moves he never even conceived of before. My friend also proposed "maybe Kenjaku is just weaker than Geto", but for reasons already expressed I severely doubt this as probable.

Last edited:
I have a pretty big line of reasoning I was going down in my head, so this may end up being a pretty lengthy post, but it'll either demonstrate Gojo had gotten noticeably stronger since Volume 0, Kenjaku is (for whatever reason) significantly weaker than Geto was, or that both Geto and Gojo are frauds with low IQ. I'm strongly leaning towards the initial conclusion as it seems the most probable, but I'd be interested in other people's opinions.

The first thing which stuck out to me re-reading Volume 0 was Geto's confidence as opposed to Kenjaku's own confidence. When Geto is envisioning a war between jujutsu society and his own group he claims the likelihood of victory would be below 20% ("呪術連まで出てきたら2割にも満たないだろうね" = "If the jujutsu sorcerers show up, it probably won't even reach 20%") and that, if he possessed Rika, then that would reach 99% ("だがその なけなしの勝率を9割9分まで引き上げる手段が" = "However, there is a way to raise that meager win rate to 99%"). However, when Kenjaku is discussing his plan to defeat Gojo, the conversation is completely different. Kenjaku is better at curse spirit manipulation than Geto ever was, has such efficient RCT that he can regrow arms like it's nothing which is very unlike Geto, and is one of the few people in history who can match Tengen in barrier techniques, with the added benefit of 10 million curse spirits relative in quality to Geto's, gravity manipulation and a potential 4th CT. Kenjaku is also confident that he could effectively no-diff Yuta, which everyone in the verse agrees with unanimously, so gaining Rika also isn't an issue with Kenjaku. So Kenjaku by all means should possess that 20% likelihood, if not the 99%, and yet the fanbook says it would be IMPOSSIBLE for Kenjaku to kill Gojo under any conditions, which Kenjaku repeats and even suspects he'd need 1,000 years of prep time to fight Gojo, with him also saying Gojo could kill him INSTANTLY and living in fear of that prospect.

My initial interpretation here was that Geto was simply wrong, that he simply didn't know how strong Gojo had become since his teenage years, which is possible given even Kenjaku had severely underestimated Gojo's strength ironically enough. However the scarce relativity between Geto and Gojo in this time period doesn't seem like just an error; Gojo himself considered Geto's strategic knowledge almost infallible and when he was in arms length of Geto he couldn't attack out of fear Geto would have enough speed to react and harm the students, something Kenjaku absolutely cannot do given he saw 16F Sukuna and Gojo as a blur when they clashed, and Gojo has the six eyes so overestimating an opponent becomes far less likely. Further, we then Miguel who's physically equal to Volume 0 Gojo in certain areas who Geto believed could only stall Gojo (compared to believing he could BEAT Gojo), and with this same Miguel have vastly inferior feats compared to current Gojo. So it could still be the case that both Geto AND Gojo were wrong and that Miguel is secretly a top tier who, due to being cowardly, simply never showed off this strength, it's possible, but is it also not just more likely here that Gojo - the guy who is known to train his CT even after he became the peak of jujutsu society - got stronger over the course of a year? We also know Gojo never reached his full potential, during the Sukuna fight he was growing to new heights, using moves he never even conceived of before. My friend also proposed "maybe Kenjaku is just weaker than Geto", but for reasons already expressed I severely doubt this as probable.
@Guacamolefletcher Since I know you're simultaneously a big hater of the prospect of Gojo growing in power whilst also being invested in praising Geto, curious on your thoughts on any of this.

Yeah Gojo wasn't regarded as "The Strongest" as far as I remember in Vol 0, which is a prototype for the regular serialization. This wasn't even a thing back then and he didn't have this identity crisis about "Are you Satoru Gojo because you're The Strongest, or are you The Strongest because you're Satoru Gojo?", so it makes sense characters thinking they're capable of taking on Satoru.

That being said, I don't believe this should be taken into account for indexing profiles because I don't believe Kenjaku is weaker than Geto let alone much weaker, I think this is just a shift in narrative for a more serious and realized project like Jujutsu Kaisen.

Yeah Gojo wasn't regarded as "The Strongest" as far as I remember in Vol 0, which is a prototype for the regular serialization. This wasn't even a thing back then and he didn't have this identity crisis about "Are you Satoru Gojo because you're The Strongest, or are you The Strongest because you're Satoru Gojo?", so it makes sense characters thinking they're capable of taking on Satoru.

That being said, I don't believe this should be taken into account for indexing profiles because I don't believe Kenjaku is weaker than Geto let alone much weaker, I think this is just a shift in narrative for a more serious and realized project like Jujutsu Kaisen.
yea, I think vol0 Gojo is weaker but not enough that he deserves a separate tier, just thinking for my own inverse scaling of the series with maybe this upscaling Geto

My initial interpretation here was that Geto was simply wrong, that he simply didn't know how strong Gojo had become since his teenage years, which is possible given even Kenjaku had severely underestimated Gojo's strength ironically enough. However the scarce relativity between Geto and Gojo in this time period doesn't seem like just an error; Gojo himself considered Geto's strategic knowledge almost infallible and when he was in arms length of Geto he couldn't attack out of fear Geto would have enough speed to react and harm the students, something Kenjaku absolutely cannot do given he saw 16F Sukuna and Gojo as a blur when they clashed, and Gojo has the six eyes so overestimating an opponent becomes far less likely. Further, we then Miguel who's physically equal to Volume 0 Gojo in certain areas who Geto believed could only stall Gojo (compared to believing he could BEAT Gojo), and with this same Miguel have vastly inferior feats compared to current Gojo. So it could still be the case that both Geto AND Gojo were wrong and that Miguel is secretly a top tier who, due to being cowardly, simply never showed off this strength, it's possible, but is it also not just more likely here that Gojo - the guy who is known to train his CT even after he became the peak of jujutsu society - got stronger over the course of a year? We also know Gojo never reached his full potential, during the Sukuna fight he was growing to new heights, using moves he never even conceived of before. My friend also proposed "maybe Kenjaku is just weaker than Geto", but for reasons already expressed I severely doubt this as probable.
It's more so that Vol 0 was made before the story, Gege didn't plan everything out. The consistency kinda just goes out the window.

By the way shouldn't Toji and Maki get resistance to whatever Kenjaku's CT is based on this?
Q: Did he ever consider taking over Gojo Satoru or Fushiguro Toji?
A: Gojo is impossible. To put it simply, you can’t kill him. Toji wouldn’t be impossible to take over but there’s a risk of Toji’s Heavenly Restriction and Fake Geto’s own cursed technique clashing when he takes over the body, and causing some kind of malfunction; so taking over either of those two doesn’t make much sense.

My initial interpretation here was that Geto was simply wrong, that he simply didn't know how strong Gojo had become since his teenage years, which is possible given even Kenjaku had severely underestimated Gojo's strength ironically enough. However the scarce relativity between Geto and Gojo in this time period doesn't seem like just an error; Gojo himself considered Geto's strategic knowledge almost infallible and when he was in arms length of Geto he couldn't attack out of fear Geto would have enough speed to react and harm the students, something Kenjaku absolutely cannot do given he saw 16F Sukuna and Gojo as a blur when they clashed, and Gojo has the six eyes so overestimating an opponent becomes far less likely. Even unbiased perspectives like Mei Mei sided with Geto winning the war, so there definitely wasn't a recognised massive gap between them. Further, we then Miguel who's physically equal to Volume 0 Gojo in certain areas who Geto believed could only stall Gojo (compared to believing he could BEAT Gojo), and with this same Miguel have vastly inferior feats compared to current Gojo. So it could still be the case that both Geto AND Gojo were wrong and that Miguel is secretly a top tier who, due to being cowardly, simply never showed off this strength, it's possible, but is it also not just more likely here that Gojo - the guy who is known to train his CT even after he became the peak of jujutsu society - got stronger over the course of a year? We also know Gojo never reached his full potential, during the Sukuna fight he was growing to new heights, using moves he never even conceived of before. My friend also proposed "maybe Kenjaku is just weaker than Geto", but for reasons already expressed I severely doubt this as probable.
Reminds me of twitter users making threads about how Gojo coming back makes total sense instead of just wait for the next chapter

yz3G8zS.png

Back