• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

It’s almost as if nothing should be taken (upgrade or downgrade) from that scene because it’s so self-contradictory…
It's a coming thing in fiction that not all elements line up with reality, take for example Naruto, Black Clover, One Piece. From what I've seen the JJK Fandom here have a weird obsession with forcing things to be consistent in their own way. What I mean is:

"sukuna dodged and cut light speed attacks and gets hit by sound"

maybe that sound attack is also light speed or relative

"No, it isn't it can't be"

But would eat up that same case in other series, same with BF like the whole timeframepart also ingoring everything else about it. Even when the series outlines CT and CE aren't completely bound by real world physics. In all honest JJK has never been consistent from day one, whether it's speed, ap or abilities. However, after a few rereads I've have noticed (taking out calcs entirely) that the author has a clear progression of speed from subsonic ranges to the sound/mach ranges then upping it to the lightning ranges next as characters get stronger.

But would eat up that same case in other series, same with BF like the whole timeframepart also ingoring everything else about it. Even when the series outlines CT and CE aren't completely bound by real world physics. In all honest JJK has never been consistent from day one, whether it's speed, ap or abilities. However, after a few rereads I've have noticed (taking out calcs entirely) that the author has a clear progression of speed from subsonic ranges to the sound/mach ranges then upping it to the lightning ranges next as characters get stronger.
I can't speak much for OP although I have seen endless stuff pointing to a consistent LS to FTL scale, but Naruto doesn't really have much going against it's mhs+ to ftl stuff in part 2 or even part really. BC set the standard that the verse was Rel to FTL early on with Patry and Licht also. Plus, though not important, mana and chakra are shown to amp speed, so its more understandable why people agree on speeds for those verses. JJK kinda just threw emw in there, said nothing about it, and then flung a sound wave in there too and said nothing about it nor gave any wiggle room to say "Yeah okay they're consistently this x fast". There's definitely a progression of speed, but I think Gege doesn't care to set a real standard.

Plus I feel like Kashimo's electricity doesn't fit in a good box: It's main feat is against Hakari, a random within the scale and getting handled by Uraume, who called PB fast. Unless we think Yuji was just that guy who was capable of timing and reacting to PB, with PB being presumed to be lightning speed which would be us arguing it to be 400x iirc above sound. Gege constantly giving us just above sos statements, it doesn't make sense at all for us take Lightning or LS as the more realistic speed, even for the God tiers.

suicidal-techniques-in-jjk-v0-wup4nkuxxlmc1.jpeg

It's a coming thing in fiction that not all elements line up with reality, take for example Naruto, Black Clover, One Piece. From what I've seen the JJK Fandom here have a weird obsession with forcing things to be consistent in their own way. What I mean is:

Thanks! I also look at it as JJK's popularity and the current info/resources are community has put's everything on a higher standard.
... There's definitely a progression of speed, but I think Gege doesn't care to set a real standard.

Plus I feel like Kashimo's electricity doesn't fit in a good box: It's main feat is against Hakari, a random within the scale and getting handled by Uraume, who called PB fast. Unless we think Yuji was just that guy who was capable of timing and reacting to PB, with PB being presumed to be lightning speed which would be us arguing it to be 400x iirc above sound. Gege constantly giving us just above sos statements, it doesn't make sense at all for us take Lightning or LS as the more realistic speed, even for the God tiers.
I feel that's a good point about Gege. I also feel Kashimo's lightning feat suffers from the writing being so fast we don't get to see more of it through out the series (We only see him fight like 2 times). I also value said feat since Gege mentions some of the research he went to make it accurate.

Last edited:
I can't speak much for OP although I have seen endless stuff pointing to a consistent LS to FTL scale, but Naruto doesn't really have much going against it's mhs+ to ftl stuff in part 2 or even part really. BC set the standard that the verse was Rel to FTL early on with Patry and Licht also. Plus, though not important, mana and chakra are shown to amp speed, so its more understandable why people agree on speeds for those verses. JJK kinda just threw emw in there, said nothing about it, and then flung a sound wave in there too and said nothing about it nor gave any wiggle room to say "Yeah okay they're consistently this x fast". There's definitely a progression of speed, but I think Gege doesn't care to set a real standard.

My main issue with the verse is consistency
You have characters cap at subsonic to supersonic 99% of times
And then without any specific training,timeskip,powerup whatever,
Gege just spawns out of nowhere black holes EMW etc...Like i dont blame gege but powerscaling becomes pain when there is so much stuff pulled out of context

By this logic, why does it have to be that the sound waves are light speed? Why isn’t it that the EM waves are the speed of sound? I don’t think this attempt to basically say “people are hypocrites when it comes to JJK” actually works as well as you may believe it does

Also I find it hard to believe characters reach lightning ranges when no one can do a Black Flash at will, personally speaking

I get what your saying, in regards to the consistency of Sukuna in this situation it wouldn't affect anything. This is the god tier of verse at this current moment and no one besides Gojo, Sukuna and Amber Beast Kashimo would be in that category. Especially since Sukuna quite literally is nerfing himself against everyone who isn't Gojo.

Not necessarily, kashimo's lightning is fine in the story. Hakari himself in jackpot scaling is fine too. The whole Uraume comes from the fact that people compare them to their Shibuya self. Current and Shibuya are too different things with a clear difference in skills and abilities from prior. That Yuji feat does not do wonders for Gege's intent of mid to low tiers.

By this logic, why does it have to be that the sound waves are light speed? Why isn’t it that the EM waves are the speed of sound? I don’t think this attempt to basically say “people are hypocrites when it comes to JJK” actually works as well as you may believe it does

Also I find it hard to believe characters reach lightning ranges when no one can do a Black Flash at will, personally speaking
I mean, you can do that if you want. My upscaling of the sound attack isn't simply just from wanting it, it comes from outside things relating to EM waves and Sound that helped me form my opinion. As well as other aspects in the story. But yeah, if you want to say EM waves and light speed are only as fast as sound you can.

Back