• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

also no it wouldn't work, cuse sukuna would one tap him with a dismantle, not everyone is gojo or yuji they can't just tank a dismantle and keep on trucking, if todo was trying to help gojo in the fight he'd die in a matter of seconds or be a burden for gojo who'd have to be playing defense for todo all the time.

B tier's a good spot for the series I think. Just in overall writing and characters. Stuff like Hxh, Naruto, Jojo parts 4-8, Bleach, Tg all A-S tier.
All of the ones you mentioned are B-A tiers my man (other than Jojo part 4 and 7, don't get me wrong part 5 is great buuuuuut it does drag on at times)
It's not even BAD, its just inconsistent in its quality and is decent for a new gen. It definitely does good on action and chaos
Dude you liked the ending of naruto and put it on A (same with bleach mind you) when those two are the definition of inconistent mess.

also no it wouldn't work, cuse sukuna would one tap him with a dismantle, not everyone is gojo or yuji they can't just tank a dismantle and keep on trucking, if todo was trying to help gojo in the fight he'd die in a matter of seconds or be a burden for gojo who'd have to be playing defense for todo all the time.
He can just be hidden via any random bs Gege makes, and just switch Gojo out with the crows, random rocks imbued with ce.

He can just be hidden via any random bs Gege makes, and just switch Gojo out with the crows, random rocks imbued with ce.
AH so you're fine with random bullshit for Gojo but when a contrivence happens for sukuna its an issue? hmmmmmm.

I wonder why you started hating the manga after 236, truly a mistery...

All of the ones you mentioned are B-A tiers my man (other than Jojo part 4 and 7, don't get me wrong part 5 is great buuuuuut it does drag on at times)
TG and HXh are definitely s tier series. I never felt like pt 5 dragged on but maybe we just like different genres.

Dude you liked the ending of naruto and put it on A (same with bleach mind you) when those two are the definition of inconistent mess.
As a story Naruto and Bleach were never inconsistent in quality. Maybe and big MAYBE, early to mid war arc dropped I can agree.

AH so you're fine with random bullshit for Gojo but when a contrivence happens for sukuna its an issue? hmmmmmm.

I wonder why you started hating the manga after 236, truly a mistery...
I think my issue is the binding vows just being used too much for only Sukuna, my issue isn't contrivances alone.

Which character can make him hidden? Todo's range couldn't even cover 200 meters properly you want him to get caught up in the HP?
Mei Mei can lower her ce, I don't see why Todo can't. Barrier techs can literally be altered and have set conditions, you forgot Sukuna being caught off guard by HP because Ijichi's barrier tech messing with Sukuna's ce senses.

Mei Mei can lower her ce, I don't see why Todo can't. Barrier techs can literally be altered and have set conditions, you forgot Sukuna being caught off guard by HP because Ijichi's barrier tech messing with Sukuna's ce senses.
He caught off-guard because HP suddenly appeared before him but that's not the same in close range. If what you are saying is true Sukuna wouldn't even be getting any chance to defend himself there but he was able to react to it nonetheless.

Also you are comparing some Curses senses to Sukuna who has similar level perception as Gojo? Bruh come on☠️Sukuna was able to even identify Maki with her Cursed tool alone. Not to mention once Todo uses his CT it would just give his location because of sparks and Sukuna can know Todo is there.

He caught off-guard because HP suddenly appeared before him but that's not the same in close range. If what you are saying is true Sukuna wouldn't even be getting any chance to defend himself there but he was able to react to it nonetheless.
What?

Also you are comparing some Curses senses to Sukuna who has similar level perception as Gojo? Bruh come on☠️Sukuna was able to even identify Maki with her Cursed tool alone. Not to mention once Todo uses his CT it would just give his location because of sparks and Sukuna can know Todo is there.
Dude what???

0223-016.png

What?

Dude what???

0223-016.png
Sukuna didn't notice until the last moment. Yes, he was still able to notice at the end, and if Ijichi's barriers kept working, he would have brought Utahime and kept amping his output. He knows the risk; that's why he fired HP from 4 km and came to fight Sukuna far away from that place. Ijichi's barrier trick is a one-time phony. The same thing happened for Yuta's domain. Yuta needed to surprise Sukuna with new attacks every time. He himself states that. They are dealing with a guy who has fought countless battles; it's not hard to think. Ijichi's barrier trick wouldn't work twice.

Your scan only states "Sukuna didn't notice until the last moment." Yeah he was able to still able to notice at the end and Ijichi barriers would keep working he would have brought Utahime and keep amping his output. He knows the risk that's why he fired HP from 4Km and come to fight Sukuna far away from that place. Ijichi barriers trick is one time phony. The same thing happened for Yuta's domain. Yuta needed to surprise Sukuna with new attacks everytime. He himself states that. They are dealing with a guy who has fought countless battles it's not hard to think. Ijichi barriers trick wouldn't work twice.
Can just increase Todo's range with random binding vow

TG and HXh are definitely s tier series. I never felt like pt 5 dragged on but maybe we just like different genres.
never watched TG so can't speak on that one, HxH is suffering from the same issue that many shonen do, undercooked sidecast and lack of focus early on (and don't even early arcs of HxH where not all that good) HxH didn't have these issues being very prominent but they where there, till ant arc where it became near perfect and if it did have that ant arc quality throughout the whole story? yeah easy S tier, but much like jjk and shibuya that quality is nowhere near consistent to the whole story.
As a story Naruto and Bleach were never inconsistent in quality. Maybe and big MAYBE, early to mid war arc dropped I can agree.
yeah lets just ignore the full bringer arc, and the end of blood war (which I mean the illness of kubo was the main reason as to why that whole ordeal ended so poorly)
and don't get me started on naruto war arc was ***** and everyone (cept you apparently) knows it, its full of plot convinces, deus ex machina and plot wholes throughout the whole damned thing when it started narutos quality to a nose dive.
I think my issue is the binding vows just being used too much for only Sukuna, my issue isn't contrivances alone.
oh wow its almost like the king of curses who has been astablished to be able to alter the conditions of his domain to such a massive extent through binding vows that his domain is considered a work of godly art in comperison to others should be able to use binding vows far easier than bloodly highschoolers who have been sorcerers for 3 years for the oldest students. I mean even in the fight with gojo both of them where using binding vows left and right to alter their domains and neither used a binding vow till sukuna at the end of the fight. Like honestly what is the issue? sukuna used a binding vow against gojo and a binding vow to get his domain back, is two binding vows now considered to be him spaming it?
and what would he do? get gojo out of the first domain and instantly die since sukuna has seen his CT in yuji before and will not go after him and kill him with a single dismantle? oh and how will Gojo who in character wanted a proper 1v1 to not feel lonely in his strength feel about it hmm? should we just ignore character personality for the sake of your specific Bias?

Can just increase Todo's range with random binding vow
What binding vow? Even Sukuna's domain max range is 200m with a binding vow. How much can Ijichi and Todo, who are obviously below his skills, increase his range? Also, from Mei Mei's words in the recent chapter, Todo already has an extension technique, yet his range couldn't reach Yuji and Choso, who are in the middle of Sukuna's domain.

yeah lets just ignore the full bringer arc, and the end of blood war (which I mean the illness of kubo was the main reason as to why that whole ordeal ended so poorly)
and don't get me started on naruto war arc was ***** and everyone (cept you apparently) knows it, its full of plot convinces, deus ex machina and plot wholes throughout the whole damned thing when it started narutos quality to a nose dive.
What are you on about? The Fullbringer arc was nice, it showcases Ichigo's desperation and Tsukishima was a goated villain with his ultimate gaslighting. Yeah it was slow, and I did skip it when I first watch Bleach except for the end, but when I read and watched it, it was much better than I expected. The TYBW part is understandable, but the anime is fixing that

Ok gonna be honest Fullbring arc was well executed. It's given most of the character development for Ichigo.

What are you on about? The Fullbringer arc was nice, it showcases Ichigo's desperation and Tsukishima was a goated villain with his ultimate gaslighting. Yeah it was slow, and I did skip it when I first watch Bleach except for the end, but when I read and watched it, it was much better than I expected. The TYBW part is understandable, but the anime is fixing that
Fullbring arc was goated ngl. It's gets unnecessary hate.

What are you on about? The Fullbringer arc was nice, it showcases Ichigo's desperation and Tsukishima was a goated villain with his ultimate gaslighting. Yeah it was slow, and I did skip it when I first watch Bleach except for the end, but when I read and watched it, it was much better than I expected.
dude you yourself admit that you not only skipped it at first but that i was too slow, it is a quality drop from the previouse stuff, its not some absolute trash fire (like the war arc who was only being held above water by madara) but it is a substantial drop in quality in compression to karakura town and the arrancar arc before that, the villains are far weaker, the story feels a bit contrived and the final big bad is barely of note and should've been Tsukishima instead of Ginjo, instead we got a better villain being sidelined for "Protagonist If BAAD!". It isn't an awful arc, but in comparison to the stuff before its a drastic quality shift, its like the whole dark souls 2 situation, on its own Ds2 is a good game but when compered to its predecessor and successor it is sorely lacking
The TYBW part is understandable, but the anime is fixing that
yeah cuse it needs fixing, bad.. to say it is currenly consistent at all is a stretch and then some.

yeah ichigo alone, everybody else tho Ehhhhhhh....
The arc concentrates on Ichigo POV who had lost his powers. Well I can understand if power scalers hates it but Plot wise I don't see any issues because it adds context for Substitute Shikigami's and dark side of Soul Society. Ichigo still sticking to his belief.

never watched TG so can't speak on that one, HxH is suffering from the same issue that many shonen do, undercooked sidecast and lack of focus early on (and don't even early arcs of HxH where not all that good) HxH didn't have these issues being very prominent but they where there, till ant arc where it became near perfect and if it did have that ant arc quality throughout the whole story? yeah easy S tier, but much like jjk and shibuya that quality is nowhere near consistent to the whole story.
Nah I disagree. I think pre greed island, the story was s tier. The story isn't really about the entire cast, its about Gon and Killua's friendship for the most part, so no reason the side cast needs focus.

Full Bringer arc was nice? You should reread it. The war arc like I said dropped in quality early on, I don't think it went down bad as much as you imply and I can't remember a single bad plot contrivance. What dues ex machina in the war arc happened?

oh wow its almost like the king of curses who has been astablished to be able to alter the conditions of his domain to such a massive extent through binding vows that his domain is considered a work of godly art in comperison to others should be able to use binding vows far easier than bloodly highschoolers who have been sorcerers for 3 years for the oldest students. I mean even in the fight with gojo both of them where using binding vows left and right to alter their domains and neither used a binding vow till sukuna at the end of the fight. Like honestly what is the issue? sukuna used a binding vow against gojo and a binding vow to get his domain back, is two binding vows now considered to be him spaming it?
I didn't say spamming? I said too much, he's used like 10 binding vows throughout the story, and your attempt to make sense of it by bringing up Sukuna being smart doesn't fix the issue I have with it.

and what would he do? get gojo out of the first domain and instantly die since sukuna has seen his CT in yuji before and will not go after him and kill him with a single dismantle? oh and how will Gojo who in character wanted a proper 1v1 to not feel lonely in his strength feel about it hmm? should we just ignore character personality for the sake of your specific Bias?
It would have been better to see a realistic plan than Gojo going and losing, putting his students at risk even more.

Its a common thing among anime fans to dislike Full Bringer arc, I feel like since its an old manga and everyone read/watched at a young age it either was completely misunderstood or just forgotten.

dude you yourself admit that you not only skipped it at first but that i was too slow, it is a quality drop from the previouse stuff, its not some absolute trash fire (like the war arc who was only being held above water by madara) but it is a substantial drop in quality in compression to karakura town and the arrancar arc before that, the villains are far weaker, the story feels a bit contrived and the final big bad is barely of note and should've been Tsukishima instead of Ginjo, instead we got a better villain being sidelined for "Protagonist If BAAD!". It isn't an awful arc, but in comparison to the stuff before its a drastic quality shift, its like the whole dark souls 2 situation, on its own Ds2 is a good game but when compered to its predecessor and successor it is sorely lacking.
Ok, I'll admit, it isn't perfect, but I think it was a great arc. If you haven't noticed, most of Bleach's arcs are war arcs, this one was a massive shift. The situation was unique and the villain was more down to earth, but down enough to relate to Ichigo. Ginjo to Ichigo is like Archer to Shirou, he is also a substitute shinigami, but he was betrayed by the Soul Society and grew to learn better than to trust them, meanwhile Ichigo practically blindly follows them. Ginjo is one of those villains that you need to read everything to understand him.

The arc concentrates on Ichigo POV who had lost his powers. Well I can understand if power scalers hates it but Plot wise I don't see any issues because it adds context for Substitute Shikigami's and dark side of Soul Society. Ichigo still sticking to his belief.
thats not my issue with it the ichigo side of things is great, everything, the antags other than Tsukishima and Ginjo are at most set dressing and at worst just fodder for the captains to look somewhat cool and it can be seen in the fact that all but 2 of them are flatout nowhere to be seen after the arc and half of them sure had "character" I mean who could forget.
dc2aopv-6b1c83f7-f28e-4b14-8b40-bdff761d08e7.png

BUTTLER MAN! (I honestly don't remember his name)

honestly the antags where so dreadfully weak in the character department its not even funny.

I mean honestly could you remember the characters of Yukio or jacky? I mean when compered to the arancar arc its so much weaker, out of all the arancar the only really forgetable one is zommari (the eye freak if you don't remember the name) while the rest from stark, Baringar, harribel, Granz, Gila and of course the two MVPs Ulquiorra and Grimjow, the arancar arc is oozeing with character from both the side cast of captains and the antags while fullbringer is lacking in both.
as for the rest of the side cast what do I even say? do we need to bring up Chad? really? the man is wasted in every arc which is sad, Orihime? ehhhhh, now Uryu in every much a solid part of the side cast, the captains show up right at the end so I am not really gonna count their one offs for cons or pros since its not fair one way or the other.

Its a common thing among anime fans to dislike Full Bringer arc, I feel like since its an old manga and everyone read/watched at a young age it either was completely misunderstood or just forgotten.
nah none of that hear, no rose glasses for me, read it when I was 19, and reread it recently in comperison to the arcs surrounding it its the weakest link.

nah none of that hear, no rose glasses for me, read it when I was 19, and reread it recently in comperison to the arcs surrounding it its the weakest link.
Is your point merely its the weakest out of the rest? Every other arc was an 8/10 or 9, it being a 7 is still good compared to what JJK's arcs have been. Idk I hope JJK fans realize years later the story wasn't good enough to be hyped up like it has been. You may be viewing the manga with rose tinted glasses now.

Last edited:
Nah I disagree. I think pre greed island, the story was s tier. The story isn't really about the entire cast, its about Gon and Killua's friendship for the most part, so no reason the side cast needs focus.

Full Bringer arc was nice? You should reread it. The war arc like I said dropped in quality early on, I don't think it went down bad as much as you imply and I can't remember a single bad plot contrivance. What dues ex machina in the war arc happened?
uhh-ginger.gif

Oh I don't know;
main-qimg-68bf2559e50f91e7d11b4a4a7b37d2cd-lq

maybe the literal GOD of the world coming down to tell the protag and dutorag that they just both so happen to be the reincarnations of his two sons (ninja jesus and ninja judas pretty much) and gives them both a god boost at their 11th hour where they were basically dead, is just a tiny bit of a plot convinence ya know a wee bit of a
2024-05-11_184442.png

if would....
I didn't say spamming? I said too much, he's used like 10 binding vows throughout the story, and your attempt to make sense of it by bringing up Sukuna being smart doesn't fix the issue I have with it.
10 times?
1. Yuji binding vow (enchain)
2. his domain binding vow (open domain condition)
3. removing his sure hit on the inside of his domain
4. world split being fire off with 1 hand
5. glue and tape shrine.
6. the fire arrow buff after shrine does its thing.

and here is the thing, only 3 of those where an impromtu vow, the other 3 are either already established parts of his ability from domain nature to the fire arrow or a plot point of enchain.
again whats the issue?
It would have been better to see a realistic plan than Gojo going and losing, putting his students at risk even more.
Oh yeah because he is known to not put his students in constant risk all the time, its not like he would say send his adopted son after one of the most dangerous cursed items in the world that is known to attract curses while said son is only at a strength of a 2nd grade? its not like he would do that in the FIRST CHAPTER RIGHT? Its not like he would leave a special grade sorcerer and terrorist to be taken down by the semi grade 1 students and a recent student who has only been a sorcerer for 4 months RIGHT?!

I mean have you read the manga? Gojo isn't exactly the paragon of virtue you try to make him out to be, he is a prideful self interested man, sure he looks after his students when he can but he also puts them into insane danger nearly as much and that has been established day bloody 1!

Last edited:
Is your point merely its the weakest out of the rest? Every other arc was an 8/10 or 9, it being a 7 is still good compared to what JJK's arcs have been. Idk I hope JJK fans realize years later the story wasn't good enough to be hyped up like it has been. You may be viewing the manga with rose tinted glasses now.
7 is generous 6 is more like it.

Ok, I'll admit, it isn't perfect, but I think it was a great arc. If you haven't noticed, most of Bleach's arcs are war arcs, this one was a massive shift. The situation was unique and the villain was more down to earth, but down enough to relate to Ichigo. Ginjo to Ichigo is like Archer to Shirou, he is also a substitute shinigami, but he was betrayed by the Soul Society and grew to learn better than to trust them, meanwhile Ichigo practically blindly follows them. Ginjo is one of those villains that you need to read everything to understand him.
the issue isn't that the arc isn't grand like the arrancar or karakura, the down to earth stuff is great, the issue is that it wasn't capitalized on for anyone other than ichigo, yes it did develop him but at the expense of forgetable villains (cept tsukishima that boy is an MVP) and the sidecast getting shafted hard, the fullbringer arc could've been so much more it could've gave us actual development for Chad and Orihime as well as further improve Uryu (although blood war did it better so that is not too much of an issue), it could've provided us an even better foil in Ginjo who unfortunatly became nothing more than "I want revenge" character, he had massive potential to be a foil for ichigo and his ideals instead he became a cliche of "I was wronged so now I'm gonna be just as bad as the people who wronged me" we could've focused on him trying to get ichigo to his side more, we could've got a different goal of truly changing soul socity with him but instead we got nothing, just another villain for the meat grinder.

And this isn't some "oh well rose tinted glasses" cuse guess what Fullbringer was my first bleach arc, I remember watching it back when I was just getting into anime and I really liked it back then and then I watched the rest of bleach.

maybe the literal GOD of the world coming down to tells the protag and dutorag tells them that they just both so happen to be the reincarnations of his two sons (ninja jesus and ninja judas pretty much) and gives them both a god boost at their 11th hour where they were basically dead, is just a tiny bit of a plot convinence ya know a wee bit of a
Doesn't feel that way at all. Hagoromo was talked about before the war, and during it, I think you're confusing a reveal with a dues ex machina. It's slow but the rise to Naruto and Sasuke gaining new powers was given. The tailed beast even imply Naruto to be something more closely related to Hagoromo tens of chapters before we get the actual reveal.

10 times?
1. Yuji binding vow (enchain)
2. his domain binding vow (open domain condition)
3. removing his sure hit on the inside of his domain
4. world split being fire off with 1 hand
5. glue and tape shrine.
6. the fire arrow buff after shrine does its thing.

and here is the thing, only 3 of those where an impromtu vow, the other 3 are either already established parts of his ability from domain nature to the fire arrow or a plot point of enchain.
again whats the issue?
Oh no four off? The issue is that this is done in substitute for Sukuna just doing it naturally. We're told he's the king of curses, above Gojo, no ones comparable, and yet when something has to be explained or Sukuna needs a buff, its a binding vow that does it.

Oh yeah because he is known to not put his students in constant risk all the time, its not like he would say send his adopted son after one of the most dangerous cursed items in the world that is known to attract curses while said son is only at a strength of a 2nd grade? its not like he would do that in the FIRST CHAPTER RIGHT? Its not like he would leave a special grade sorcerer and terrorist to be taken down by the semi grade 1 students and a recent student who has only been a sorcerer for 4 months RIGHT?!
The item isn't dangerous though? Its dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands and at that time Gojo considered it easy to retrieve. You're comparing Kenjaku to Sukuna, idk what point you think you're proving but its not working. And the stakes are different, several teachers and students and thousands of civilians and Japan's government are all destroyed/in chaos/killed. During Shibuya, that was a way more manageable situation given numerous first grades were still alive and capable of fighting Kenjaku and the curses.

It's not even BAD, its just inconsistent in its quality and is decent for a new gen. It definitely does good on action and chaos
Arkenis with a genuine good take
Dang

Yeah, I agree that JJK varies in quality a lot. It goes from peak to bad, and bad to peak

Gege will cook something, but as a pay back, something else is gonna get ruined. Is always like that

Last edited:
Doesn't feel that way at all. Hagoromo was talked about before the war, and during it, I think you're confusing a reveal with a dues ex machina. It's slow but the rise to Naruto and Sasuke gaining new powers was given. The tailed beast even imply Naruto to be something more closely related to Hagoromo tens of chapters before we get the actual reveal.
that doesn't change it, there was no actual implication that he would show up, yeah he was talked about, but so is christian god in brothers karamazov, would that mean that god showing up to literally undo all the actual issues. Oh Might guy is dying? well I have god powers so of course I can heal you now, Oh madara got stronger and consumed the 10 tails? no issue I got god powers now.

The powers are unearned and out of nowhere, Hagoromo's actaul intervention wasn't foreshadowed at all, simply mentioning that "Oh yeah he used to exist" is not a solid foundation I mean we know Hagoromo's brother also lived so might as well pull Hamura out here as well for them extra power ups why don't we? His intro was out of nowhere, jarring and provided the biggest cop out in the whole manga full of cop outs (mainly 9 tails bailing naruto out every now and then but that wasn't as bad as THIS)
Oh no four off? The issue is that this is done in substitute for Sukuna just doing it naturally. We're told he's the king of curses, above Gojo, no ones comparable, and yet when something has to be explained or Sukuna needs a buff, its a binding vow that does it.
oh if we're talking about buffs specifically then that would be 2. the world slash with one hand and the tape and glue shrine.
The item isn't dangerous though? Its dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands and at that time Gojo considered it easy to retrieve.
oh yeah and this fingers are definitly not known to attaract and power up curses too right?
3125b9aa1626d5affa9ace03688489cf.jpg

not at all.
You're comparing Kenjaku to Sukuna, idk what point you think you're proving but its not working.
Im talking about yuta and Geto you silly goose
And the stakes are different, several teachers and students and thousands of civilians and Japan's government are all destroyed/in chaos/killed. During Shibuya, that was a way more manageable situation given numerous first grades were still alive and capable of fighting Kenjaku and the curses.
Again I am talking about Geto not kenny.

Back