• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I had to take a guess, they'll probably commento how Ken's pressure point attacks aren't effective on Jotaro because he can protect himself internally with Star Platinum, kinda like how he could grab his own heart or block THE WORLD's punches from almost inside. Perhaps they'll crack a joke on how he also protects himself by stuffing mangas in his clothes.

In terms of fighting skill they perhaps will give it to Ken due to his training in Hokuto Shinken, but Jotaro will be considered by them more experienced because he's faced many Stand users with more varied and outlandish abilities, while Ken faces mostly Martial Artists (correct me if I am wrong on this one).

If I have to take a guess: I say they'll make Jotaro the winner due to Star Platinum protecting him from pressure point attacks and the Time Stop allowing him to dodge Ken's most dangerous moves at critical moments. Don't think they'll consider Musou Tensei that much or at face value, they'll probably find a "but" in it.

This is assuming, of course, that they only use Manga/Anime Jotaro. Dunno about his game and novel self but I've heard they are crazy powerful.

CursedGentleman said:
the guy is 2-A with abilities to OVERWRITE REALITY.
Yeah, Light novel JoJo characters are too OP

Check Kars light novel version to have an idea
Thought as much XD

Are the novels canon? I mean, if they explicitely not canon then DB may not include them. What about the Video Games?

Also, from what I read the Jorge Joestar stories are... weird, lotsa strange stuff going on.

EDIT:

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Someone pull up Yang vs Tifa
Urgh... It stings even to this day. Sephy's victory lessened it a bit, though.

I personally don't think Death Battle was ever intended to be taken seriously as a Vs show, it's likely just made for fun. Heck, if it was supposed to be serious, it would suck, they keep randomly using non-canon stuff, straight up ignoring feats and some of the results are just ridiculous.

I think they do their job as best as they can, and try to find as much info as they can, but yeah there are times where they overlook things. They're only human.

Still ain't forgiving them for Yang vs Tifa tho

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I personally don't think Death Battle was ever intended to be taken seriously as a Vs show, it's likely just made for fun. Heck, if it was supposed to be serious, it would suck, they keep randomly using non-canon stuff, straight up ignoring feats and some of the results are just ridiculous.
I think they do take seriously their research and try to find legitimate answers. That said, however, they have openly admitted they do it, as you say, for fun more than anything and they aren't the authority on the matter. They do defend their stances a lot, but it's kind of understandable, given how volatile the fandom can get, if they went and said "we got this or that wrong" detractors would quickly jump at their throats. I remember when they admitted they messed up a calculation in 18 vs C. Marvel (in 18's favour, so their result wouldn't change) they got a lot of backlash for it.

And, as an entertainment it's a pretty good show, the banter of Wiz and Boomstick is pretty funny, the info on the characters background is interesting and the fights almost always look incredible.

Most of their matches are actually accurate. Saying DB is shit because "LOL Yang vs Tifa" is worse than Yang vs Tifa itself and Tier 0 Saitama

Well.... Yang vs Tifa is the worst, but there's also Thor vs Wonderwoman and Batman Beyond vs Spoodermin 2099.

Think about it. You have a team with a limited budget, overworked animators, and the requirement of going through a entire fictional series, then find something to calc, the actually calc it, which is time consuming. No matter if they get it right, they meet tons of backlash from fans and no benefit for being correct. The fact they only have even 10 bad ones is a feat in and of itself.

I also like how there are quite a few people calling bias when the FF fanbase was pressuring Screwattack since they felt it would be offensive to a recently deceased long standing member of the franchise and tried to force out a victory.

I personally don't like when people try to say that it was fine for a show to have a bad episode because the show is hard to make (not only Death Battle, I'm talking about basically any show out there), if their job is to make those episodes, then they have to be good regardless, you can't just to your job and start messing everything up, and when your boss calls you out for it, you just say "this job is hard." It doesn't matter if making those episodes is hard or not, it's your job, do it.

But, again, I don't think Death Battle is supposed to be taken that seriously, and the show itself is fine. That little rant I just did is because I really hate that "making episodes is hard" excuse, but I don't really have any problem with Death Battle in specific.

>This is assuming, of course, that they only use Manga/Anime Jotaro. Dunno about his game and novel self but I've heard they are crazy powerful.

49000000lightspeed novel platinum.

DMUA said:
Well.... Yang vs Tifa is the worst, but there's also Thor vs Wonderwoman and Batman Beyond vs Spoodermin 2099.
Thor vs Wonder Woman wasn't bad at all. It was close, both in DB and here. It could've been either's victory. We have Thor winning solely because of hax, but Wonder Woman is indeed stronger and faster, just not enough for Thor not to take advantage of his special abilities.

Yeah, that's true. It's literally impossible to please everyone, that aplies to literally everything, and ince Death Battle is really famous amoung the Vs community, and since the Vs community doesn't know how to just say "I disagree" and be done with it, there's nothing they can really do.

I still hate that "making episodes is hard" excuse tho (mostly because the Steven universe fandom loves to use this excuse everytime the new episode turns out to be bad).

Yobobojojo said:
I also like how there are quite a few people calling bias when the FF fanbase was pressuring Screwattack since they felt it would be offensive to a recently deceased long standing member of the franchise and tried to force out a victory.
How so? Not arguing, just curious.

Also, sadly backlash is unavoidable in VS debates. I mean, these things are up there with Shipping Wars in how flame war-ey they can get. Had Tifa won DB would have been accused of trying to screw over RWBY, spitting on Monty Oum's memory, backstabbing Rooster Teeth, etc. Had Goku won they would have been accused of being weeaboos, anime fanboys, traitors to America. In short, the same deal but with the shots coming from the other side. Things get that bad easily, just look at fananimations with disclaimers saying "This fight is for funsies and nothing else" they still get heat because some fans didn't like their favorite losing.

Back