• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
joseph won't be able to do any sleight of hand tricks if bajugo is carpet bombing him,

Except he can because he's managed to do so in similarly impossible situations, he has and thus he can, it's as simple as that.
and bakugo doesn't need to get close to joseph because he can just blast him at range
Yeah, untill that stops working or Joseph just ***** off or plays dead or does a few dozen other things.

josephs hamon won't be effective because bakugo
Hamon has range dude, you do realize that right? And if Bakugo gets hit with Hamon he straight up ******* dies if Joseph is aiming for it to actually harm.

rushing joseph is not a bad idea since joseph can't do much
Except literally make Bakugo drop dead instantly on contact with Hamon 🤷‍♂️

any ranged attacks will be dodged since bakugo has incredible mid air skills.
That implies Bakugo even knows they're coming or notices them, which has been explained multiple times over, this is a literal nonargument.
Playing dead will not work against bakugo, bakugo will never underestimate his opponents like for example against uraraka he went all out and didn't stop until the match was stopped and even if joseph plays dead bakugo won't let his guard down.

So you don't actually have a rebuttal for this do you? No underestimating your opponent doesn't mean you can't be fooled with your opponent playing dead, especially when Joseph can do shit like, hold his breath for ten minutes ******* straight and slow his metabolism down to baffling degrees. If Joseph wants to play dead, he can not only do so, he can make it ******* believable at that. And last I checked, Bakugo isn't one to bombard a corpse a dozen times in a row when everything suggests he's dead. You're drawing a conclusion from something that's completely separate from the thing at hand.
Bakugo not letting his guard down "even after he plays dead" doesn't matter, it'd allow Joseph to completely turn the tide whether his guard is up or not.

All I see happening is bakugo rushing joseph and blasting him and joseph won't be able to do much and will take too much damage too quickly even hamon won't heal him ebough before he dies.

So you see Bakugo getting with Hamon range? Aka instant kill range? And not how it works, Hamon has healed shit far worse then what Bakugo's explosions can do in a single attack, it ******* healed Joseph's arm being nearly torn off, in like, a split second, pre training. Joseph can easily heal from scorches and burns and even major bodily damage.

Every thing you just said is either not true, or ignores shit like Hamon can straight up kill Bakugo in one hit or do shit like mindfuck him. Or that Hamon has range, or that the battle takes place at Central Park, a place that has lots of Hamon conductive materials, or the fact Joseph can and has pulled off bullshit while being attacked in plain ******* view of his attacker. Or the fact Joseph can very easily render Bakugo's mobility or air dodge skills completely moot by simply blindsiding him or using sleight of hand, or that Joseph comes equipped with multiple long range weapons here, all of which can be Hamon infused, mitigating Bakugo's range advantage anyway, and so on.
And this isn't even getting into the whole speed equal shit, meaning Joseph can just like, dodge the explosions, and unlike Bakugo, Joseph can very easily set up traps or blindsides that render Bakugo's ability to dodge **** all given you can't dodge what you don't know exists, and Bakugo's explosions aren't exactly subtle enough to be used as a surprise or sneak attack 🤷‍♂️

How does predicting that he's about to be carpet bombed going to prevent the carpet bombing? Also I can argue even if it's grace.
By knowing it's coming far ahead of time, you're acting like Joseph can't just dodge the explosions, hell a literal dying far weaker character could outpace explosions, while asphyxiating and being so weak he died seconds later 🤷‍♂️
If a character Joseph scales massively above can literally outrun an explosion, I see no reason why Joseph can't, especially in speed equal, and stamina sure ain't a issue given he can do shit like run 100kms easily, do shit in a single breath for prolonged periods of time, and a bunch of other ridiculous stamina montage feats. Even Will could run dozens of km in a breath, and he's like at the bottom of the hamon stamina chain.

Last edited:
plus the joseph can tank several explosions before going down isnt like he tank 2 explosions and he is bleeding out and the absurd amount of pain resistence of jojo helps him

Explosions are extremely harmful to the human body, they cause eardrums to rupture as well as lungs, they break organs and the shockwave sends humans flying, also shrapnel is like mini bullets, a bunch of these and even joseph will die.
Joseph has literally stood next to a volcano exploding, twice, and an explosion that was over 500m in diameter, I'm sure his ears aren't gonna rupture among the other shit, given he's experienced shockwaves and the like far above what Bakugo can put out, like, a foot away from them and the shockwave did **** all to him.
Can literally outpace explosion shrapnel, Jonathan did so while literally dying, he can also create a Hamon veil like Will did, or like, how he himself has been explicitly shown capable of doing. Bakugo's explosions aren't gonna be above what Joseph can deal with, it isn't like the shrapnel scales 1:1 with the full brunt of the explosion.

Joseph has literally stood next to a volcano exploding, twice, and an explosion that was over 500m in diameter, I'm sure his ears aren't gonna rupture among the other shit, given he's experienced shockwaves and the like far above what Bakugo can put out, like, a foot away from them and the shockwave did **** all to him.
Can literally outpace explosion shrapnel, Joseph did so, he can also create a Hamon veil like Will did.
yeah maybe because that is the effects of the explosions being beyond thousands time beyond human durability

yeah maybe because that is the effects of the explosions being beyond thousands time beyond human durability
I mean, if Joseph can deal with shockwaves coming from explosions dozens of times stronger than Bakugo's, I'm sure he's gonna be fine dealing with Bakugo's shockwaves 🤷‍♂️
The shockwaves ain't shit compared to the actual explosion yield, and given Joseph unironically has feats dealing with multi-km shockwaves above what Bakugo can do, it's not even hypothetical or up to debate, he can 100% canonically deal with this.

Last edited:
I mean, if Joseph can deal with shockwaves coming from explosions dozens of times stronger than Bakugo's, I'm sure he's gonna be fine dealing with Bakugo's shockwaves 🤷‍♂️
The shockwaves ain't shit compared to the actual explosion yield, and given Joseph unironically has feats dealing with shockwaves above what Bakugo can do, it's not even hypothetical or up to debate, he can 100% canonically deal with this.
what? i am refering than the example flufly presented were a false equivalance as that efects only happens when the explosions are far stronger than the person durability refering to one shot levels of AP diference

what? i am refering than the example flufly presented were a false equivalance as that efects only happens when the explosions are far stronger than the person durability refering to one shot levels of AP diference
I'm aware, I'm just clarifying that the argument of "bakugo's explosions creating shockwaves that will somehow **** Joseph over" is false, as Joseph actually has feats that would allow this to be a non-issue.

Bakugo FRA, even if it doesn't really matter given where grace is. A lot of Joseph's advantages seem to come from vast simplifications of Bakugo's character to me.
And alot of arguments against Joseph seem like underestimation of what Hamon has allowed him to do after training. Like some people have previously discussed, hamon allowed him to recover from some pretty bad injuries.
Explosions are extremely harmful to the human body, they cause eardrums to rupture as well as lungs, they break organs and the shockwave sends humans flying, also shrapnel is like mini bullets, a bunch of these and even joseph will die.

I disagree, joseph won't be able to do any sleight of hand tricks if bajugo is carpet bombing him, and bakugo doesn't need to get close to joseph because he can just blast him at range, josephs hamon won't be effective because bakugo will be at range and rushing joseph is not a bad idea since joseph can't do much, any ranged attacks will be dodged since bakugo has incredible mid air skills. Playing dead will not work against bakugo, bakugo will never underestimate his opponents like for example against uraraka he went all out and didn't stop until the match was stopped and even if joseph plays dead bakugo won't let his guard down. All I see happening is bakugo rushing joseph and blasting him and joseph won't be able to do much and will take too much damage too quickly even hamon won't heal him ebough before he dies.
If we argued the top part, then Im pretty sure A. bakugo himself would be pretty deaf right now, or B. a good majority of citizen, along with other characters in MHA, have ruptured eardrums. Dunno where the shrapnel is mentioned for bakugo, but Im pretty sure joseph has survived worse in his older years, and many consider this to be his prime-time.

"I disagree, joseph won't be able to do any sleight of hand tricks if bajugo is carpet bombing him..."
A. Sweat Required, he will need time to sweat and thus explode. thats why he doesnt begin fighting .2 seconds into each battle, he would need time to sweat, VS joseph who can reasonably just breathe hamon into existance.
B. Why would Bakugo's 1st go-to be carpet bombing? Afaik thats not a character trait he has unless he lets his temper get the best of him.
C. Bakugo has no valid reason TO carpet bomb as a future hero. They are taught intensively to think about the area around him, and the only times he don't are 1. when its inevitable / unavoidable, which bakugo wouldnt think so if he knows nothing of Joseph or thinks hes quirkless and just some idiot, and 2. when is temper gets ahead of him.

"bakugo doesn't need to get close to joseph because he can just blast him at range"
If you want him to deal the impact damage you're talking about (Deafness, breaking organs, etc.) Then he has to be ~A foot from his target, if not closer (Every time he does howitzer impact for example, its to get extremely close in a quick manner to his opponent to deal that damage, like he did against todoroki.) to actually deal that level of damage. Stun Grenade, for example, is more or less used from a difference to distract his opponents and thus can be done much further away to temporarily "stun" enemies.

"any ranged attacks will be dodged since bakugo has incredible mid air skills."
RPers be like: "Bro you cant hit me bro I got good movement mid air bro you cant hit me I got dodging bro" Seriously bro. C'mon. Joseph has used his opponents strengths against him, wouldnt be amazed if he did it here too.

"Playing dead will not work against bakugo,"
I actually agree with this. Joseph doesnt need to play dead though, I see no reason why he would. Also your uraraka is a bit mis-leading, because from what Im aware of he was already kinda annoyed. It also shows close-ranged attacks at the beginning of the battle arent even enough to really scratch uraraka, who is no-way more durable than Joseph, huh.

"All I see happening is bakugo rushing joseph and blasting him and joseph won't be able to do much"
May I bring up literally all of his encounters with the pillar men? How do they go "Oh no joseph you're too weak to kill them!" teehee funny man wits his opponents to death

Listen I like bakugo as much as alot of the MHA fanbase, but I really dont see him winning this. Even with an AP advantage, Joseph has tanked alot worse and CAN do alot better than bakugo early on. The only way I see bakugo winning is if Joseph stalls for too much time and lets bakugo get enough sweat to point-blank explode him, which I dont see why or why not this could happen depending on the 1st moves thrown, but I dont see joseph giving his opponent the advantage 90% of the time.

on that noted, I should add this with clarification I have barely read any of the comments since my last post and Prob won't BUT
Bakugo has on more than one encounter reacted casually to sneak attacks from characters that are Invisible while also having limited durability negation via heat, (which is what allows him to harm characters like All Might)

Shadow the thread is already concluded and added to their profiles someone should close this thread

Back