• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joker (Persona 5, Endgame) Vs. Galeem (SSBU)

Are you serious? This is ad nauseum at this point. It doesn't matter what the attack is, Galeem being thousands of times stronger would just outright negate the nullification. This isn't Joker negating durability hax, this is his essentially just trying to negate a normal attack. Did you play WoL? You don't fight the hoards of Crazy Hands during Dharkon's fight, only Dharkon himself.

Once again, NLF. Definition checks out to what you're saying.

You're making a claim that has no backing to it. You're assuming that the power gap would nullify the nullification, but like I said, you could toss in early-game Joker against even P5R's final boss (since they far outclass Yaldabaoth) and if he uses an element that Joker's Persona nulls, that attack is getting nulled. Galeem can use other attacks besides light-based ones you know. If anything, repeating yourself so much without adding anything else makes you the one doing an ad nauseum.

Galeem far outclasses Crazy Hand. Doesn't matter if it's multiple because if he can one-shot a Crazy Hand, one-shotting multiple via a danmaku isn't any more of an impressive feat. If he could one-shot Dharkon without Dharkon being weakened by the player, that would be a different story.

@Saikou

While I don't agree with the idea that the defensive hax works despite this ridiculous gap in AP, I have to address this statement.

Persona's defensive hax has an upper limit of Low 2-C, and the skills it comes from, such as Tetrakarn, remain the same potency throughout the game. It does not get overpowered by any attack in the game, regardless of level difference, despite the fact that a Persona's stats are applied to the user regardless of how strong or weak said Persona is. It does not scale off of any statistic in the game, which represents the growth of the playable characters, and there are no mentions of such limitations at any point in every entry in the series, despite the spells being acknowledged in-universe. There is no evidence, both in story and in the game's code, that said defensive hax is limited by the strength of the user. Ergo, there's no reason to apply arbitrary limits based on tier when tiers do not exist in the source material.

Turn-based game feats are like 80% gameplay feats. If we didn't use them, Joker would have 1/5 of his profile just saying "unknown", which would make him unusable in these kinds of threads. If you want "actual" feats, wait for P5S. Should be plenty in that game.

@Solacis

Except that's the case for every single skill in every single RPG ever. They never get overpowered and act the same regardless of who they're fighting.

Yet we don't assume 2-B hax for Pokémon

We don't assume every hax in MGQ is 2-A regardless of level

We don't assume fodder enemies have hax working on the heroes

We don't assume that early game abilities work on monstrously stronger late game bosses because that's how it works in gameplay.

Persona is not different from those.

Zencha9 said:
so what
we should just ignore all gameplay feats even if they are canon ?
No, because that's idiotic. It's basically cherry-picking feats because it isn't canon in every concievable way. In which case, we can extrapolate that that Galeem is Galaxy level because we never actually SEE Galeem affect the entire universe. All we see is a light that consumes a galaxy.

Joker: 4 votes

Galeem: 10 votes

Any votes reffering to Solacis which is where the FRA's came from are discared as he no longer votes for Joker.

If Galeem wins now regardless of what I do, I see no reason to change my vote. Sorry, Ren. I tried. But this just means more resources to draw upon in the future.

Seeing as this match would be impossible after the move, since the upgrades come right after, it's probably best to get Low 2-C stuff out of our system.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Just saying...this match like, can't be added due to the Forum move.
Then this match can be redone once we have Scramble feats to draw on, which shouldn't be for AT LEAST for a good few months after the move.

from what i heard in other threads shouldn't galeem be at least 2-B via begin stronger than the pokemon gods?

Nah, the versions from Smash are different since they're from different canons. Otherwise he'd scale higher via Shulk.

Joker might be getting the 2-B treatment as well, from what I've heard. I've also heard he might be getting his regen from EE upped to High-Godly. Definitely not the kind of thing that'll help with Galeem, since he doesn't have EE, but it might be interesting for other matchups. Assuming it's true, I just hope there are enough 2-B's for Joker to fight, because I haven't seen many around, personally.

Yep. Joker, along with the end-game P3, P4, and P5 characters are going from Low 2-C to 2-C, likely 2-B

The 2-B range is 1001 to any finite number

Joker falls under somewhere between 3000 and 4000. Yeah, pretty low-end

Joker will be 2-C, likely 2-B since we aren't sure exactly how many palaces exist and that they go away once the ruler is dead, which is common.

Joker's Makarakarn may not work, but he still has Personas which nullify/absorb light-based attacks. As long as Joker dodges the first couple beams, he'll know to switch to said Personas.
This. I personally think Makarakarn would work, but can't be sure since we don't know if Galeem's beams are considered almighty or not. But Galeem gets only one chance to one shot Joker before he gets Mudoed. Voting for Joker

Galeem won because of the universal danmaku, which is kind of BS imo because there's no reliable way to know if the light shown in the light ending is universal in AP or just range. But I haven't played SSBU, so I'm in no position to argue about Galeem's AP.

Smashkabab said:
Galeem won because of the universal danmaku, which is kind of BS imo because there's no reliable way to know if the light shown in the light ending is universal in AP or just range. But I haven't played SSBU, so I'm in no position to argue about Galeem's AP.
Well it doesn't destroy the universe it just envelops it

Puttputt0 said:
both have is at low 2-C
Yeah, but the range of characters that counts as "Low 2-C" is beyond huge, to the point that Galeem could (supposedly) OHKO Joker. Which is a little cheap, and makes me feel like this battle should have been done with Satanael, but oh well. In any case, there's no point in getting heated since this isn't gonna be added anyways.

now that i think about this match again

joker should win because after rewatching the trailer and galeem's universal unga bunga Big light galeem needs almost i 20 seconds or some prep before absorbing the hands and going into the black hole mode and then shoots the beams it's not fast and joker's is not gonna just wait for the beams like the smash cast, galeem should be dead before even absorbing the hands due to persona skills begin thought based and gallem almost having no resistance to half of joker's hax

Back