• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Revision Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're almost there.

Previous Thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/716462

First Thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/671209

Due to inconsistencies with the placed Scaling System in the series, it has been decided to remove it entirely and instead focus on actual, usable feats. However, since the verse is so large and split into separate parts where some characters do not interact with one another, it will be a lengthy process to complete. Currently, we are simply finding usable feats for major characters per Part to scale to others before beginning complete reconstruction.

The following have been stated and concluded for these revisions (UPDATED AND FINALIZED):

To begin, in most scenarios, Stand Users should be capable of having reaction speeds equal to their Stands. If they do not have the reactions, they would not be able to witness their own Stands attacks and be able to process the ones of others. Say The World is MFTL but Dio's reactions are only FTL. How is Dio exactly supposed to attack with The World if he is incapable of even recognizing his own attacks? That's the argument for him having MFTL reactions, alongside dueling Star Platinum.

This does not mean a Stand's speed should scale from a user's already existing reactions, nor should it mean that every Stand user has these reaction times. Some Stands act unconsciously or are unconsciously active, meaning they do not have to be controlled or summoned by their user to act. An example of this would be Star Platinum protecting Jotaro or Gold Experience Requiem nullifying erased time. Those instances would not be counted. Giorno isn't going to have Infinite reactions anytime soon ever.

Here are some calcs. If more are made as the thread goes on, I'll add them to this list:

The following discussions are those of what we left off in the last thread that have remained unresolved, and current issues that we are discussing now:

• Finalizing and getting this project done.

I also have some other stuff.

Mista fast
In this scene, Mista (who is actually Trish possessed by Diavolo, but still Mista really) is running faster than the bullets fired. This is indicated by his legs moving and alternating even while the bullets travel. What speed would this be? It would also upgrade a lot of the cast's speed.

There's also this feat performed by Giorno, in which he catches a bullet and activates his ability when it goes through his arm.

Giorno fast 1
Giorno fast 2
The second thing I want to bring up is Josuke's feat with RHCP and the wire.

RHCP 1
RHCP 2
RHCP 3
I've talked with some other people what the possibility of this feat being, and a lot of the answers I got were Relativistic. Considering that RHCP is Lightspeed in the wires, it makes sense, but I don't get why some people have deemed CD and the other Part 4 Stands that aren't SP to be FTL+. It seems a bit weird.

Finally, I want to bring up a new argument.

We've brought up reactions to Stand Users before, but wouldn't it be possible to simply bring the reactions on par with the Stand's speed? SP is MFTL, but Jotaro's reactions only go up to FTL. How would he exactly be aware that he summoned his Stand and beat someone up at speeds even incomprehensible to himself? Wouldn't it make more sense to align reactions with Stand speeds?

Well for Part 4 Stands being ftl, KQ did react and block a hit from heavily injured SP, just depends if ta think a near dead Jotaro with SP is still FTL.

For the bullet thing, assume Supersonic at the very least. I don't think it should scale though since Mista's body appears to be empowered by Diavolo's soul somehow.

King Crimson doesn't possess that kind of ability. The only thing that was empowered during that arc was "spiritual power" from Chariot Requiem, and that just gave the Stands a boost.

Bump.

I reread Let's Go Hunting. There's nothing notable about it that scales CD and SP to each other in any way in speed.

Pucci also has some hax I missed in C-Moon.

Pucci pls

The only other way I see getting a speed for Part 4 would be scaling off Rohan in MIH (probably not that good a result, the RHCP feat would be likely better ), a roudabout scaling off of Part 5 cast as Echoes wasnt completely useless in the fight against Black Sabbath despite being blitz/sneak attacked at least once as at the very least Koichi could see GE's attacks.

You probably couldn't with Heaven's Door, but you could explain the last argument more because now I'm interested.

Well, Echoes did this, but I don't know if this would count as going against Giorno's reactions or just grab'n'dash.

Img000005

Koichi could see Gold Experience a nd Black Sabbath's movement. In fact I think Koichi actually warned Giorno at one point, either way. If Koichi could perceive the FTL+ Gold Experience then that could be enough to slap a FTL+ rating on KQ and CD as both are >> Echoes and Koichi.

Then MFTL, I guess. All I'm suggesting is scaling Koichi off of GE as he could perceive his movement's then scaling off people tgat > Koichi. Outside of tgat, I'm at a loss.

Not sure if that could be used legitimately, I think some outside opinions would be helpful for this. If you really think you could scale it from that, I mean.

Also going by this, and that was the type of gun that tried to shoot at Mista's body, that probably would be Supersonic at the very least.

Just my two cents.

- I explained already why Avdol fearing DIO and the World is flawed reasoning for power scaling.

1. Avdol has no knowledge of how physically powerful the World is. In fact, he has almost no knowledge of it at all.

2. Avdol is scared of DIO because of their previous encounter (in which their Stands weren't relevant) where DIO was trying to "brainwashing" Avdol with his charms. So of course Avdol is going to be cautious of encountering DIO again.

3. Not to mention DIO is hyped up as this mysterious, powerful Godly being with a Godly Stand by all the characters. This has no bearing on whether their stands powerscale or not and has more to do with DIO's status as a character.

4. Let's not forget the Elephant in the room. Stands in Jojo are regarded more for their unique abilities rather than physical power. A Stand with far lesser AP/durabilty than Magician's Red but with a good enough ability, could kill Avdol easily. Notice how throughout Stardust Crusaders the main characters want to know what DIO's Stand's ability is rather than how strong it is.

A better way to scale them would be:

Polnareff survived Magician Red's flames for quite a while, so he'd scale to be Large Building level Durability. DIO almost killed Polnareff, so he'd scale to be Large Building level AP. DIO scales to Star Platinum and so on.

- Didn't Hierophant Green take one of the World's attacks during the car chase scene? Maybe this would scale HG's durability?

- Hierophant Green beat Death 13 via possesion. They never even hit each other, only dodged attacks. I don't think they should scale.

Well regardless DIO would still scale off Magicians red due to Pol tanking an attack like ya said and DIO being>Pol's dura. Also scasles off Star Platinum who in turn scales off Silver Chariot's dura and arguably off Magicians Red as SP is regularly regarded as the most powerful Stand on their team. Hg only tanked a single, casual, punch from The World, itd probably put it up above wall+ but large building seems a bit of a stretch. Technically Death 13 was physically restrained by HG if I recall for a bit no tanking attacks happened though.

@Loud

You already corrected yourself last thread saying that my OP already said it was only its AP being downgraded. If his durability was going to be downgraded, I would've said so.

Death 13 cut Kakyoi and gave Jotaro his own ORA rush. Maybe that could be used for scaling? Not too sure. Also, Death 13 has some additional hax in the dreams. He can heal others in the dreams, like how he did with Kakyoin's Baby Scar wound.

EDIT: Back to Echoes/Black Sabbath, BS is probably MFTL from this We may also be able to get something from Echoes too from this.

On a side note, don't think the ORA rush is applicable, it clearly wasn't the actual Star Platinum. But Death 13 harming Jotaro would scale him to Jotaro' s durability.

I don't think Death 13 really tried hurting Jotaro that time since the next thing it did afterwards was having fake Star Platinum whack itself with a frying pan.

Would Death 13's feats count as physical AP since it all takes place in a dream world where it has hax and reality warping?

Well itd have to be, because even though it does have hax it still has base stats otherwise Heirophabt Green wouldn't of been able to restrain it if it coukd be as strong as it wants. Plus Death 13 is only able to be summon in a dream world so that's a moot point really.

I wouldn't be so sure, I think the safest bet is just to assume they're bloidlusted whatever they originally were. Duo's zombies and Sport Max's zombies are essentially only the same as they're both brought back from the dead, the way they're brought back, the way they act and they're powers appear different ie Dio's zombies all had a form of shapeshifting while Limp's can scale walls just because. Short answer, no, don't think they shoukd scale to Part 1 and 2 zombies.

On a side note but related , what about Wang Chan stopping the boat's pistons with raw strength with it even being noted a zombie's strength is indeed enough to do so. Not sure if it matters though or if it scale to anyone that isn't already scaling to stronger characters.

I think the only people that aren't fodder zombies are Bruford/Tarkus, so it should scale to them.

Going back to Mista, if we all give the OK on that Supersonic feat, is there any solid way to scale that to people? Probably through panels of him running alongside someone, which already gives Bruno and Giorno the OK from White Album/Oasis.

Well considering everyone was chasing him in the SCR arc, itd scale to everyone of the main cast, including Diavolo as Bruno was in that body keeping chase. Everyone except two that is.

Speaking of 2, guess what I found for Joseph. If he's reacting to Chariot here, that'd bump his reactions up to MFTL and scale to the others.

And speaking of MFTL reactions, that argument about Stand users having the reactions of their Stands speeds (conscious Stands at least) hasn't been brought back to question, and I'd like to get that back on track since we've pretty much gotten everything else out of the way.

Case by case on the latter there, if they show it then fine but otherwise nah, chances are the User is getting scaled off his opponent's anyway though.

But to have Star Platinum at MFTL and Jotaro's reactions at only FTL, then that means Jotaro himself cannot comprehend his own Stand and its attacks, and the same goes for everyone else with whatever speed they have. It doesn't make sense for it not to be in this scenario, and the same thing goes for everyone else.

It's the same thing with Damo and Josuke. Vitamin C attacks, Gappy reacts, Soft & Wet attacks. Their reactions go alongside the Stand's attacks. It's the same argument with Koichi seeing GE and Black Sabbath's movements.

Maybe but as I said I like to prefer it as a case by case basis. Jotaro doesn't exactly need to comprehend his own attacks, it's not like he's telling Star Platinum to do each attack but rather something more along the lines of kick insert enemy's teeth in, although Jotaro would scale anyway, as he can keep up with DIO, The World and others.

As I said its a case by case, but one where it happens 90% of the time regardless because the User shows to be able to do exactly that. There's a few instances where is say it doesn't like I wouldn't naturally assume Mists has supersonic reactions because of Sex Pistols or same with Narancia but they later shown to scale anyway.

Long story short, I wouldn't automatically scale all users to their stand unless shown otherwise, luckily it's usually shown so there's next to no problem.

You'd have to at least post the examples of exceptions if it's just 90%. And I thought we said Hypersonic Sex Pistols, that bullet feat was Mista's base speed on Supersonic.

Oh I know but as I said, unless shown, like, for example, if Part was just being released I wouldn't assume Mista is supersonic scaling off his Stand untill otherwise, of course he later showed he scales to them and above. Honestly not sure I'm just saying this to be safe to prevent a character being scaled to the stand despite having no feats of that kind to prevent later revisions, I'd rather be 100% then 99%. On a side note just going off the top of my head without looking, maybe Rykeil?

Of course there'd be some obvious examples, but there's no actual argument going against the notion. You're basically agreeing, and the ones where reactions don't scale it noted. However, if we can use the Koichi sees them argument (which on further note seems kinda flawed, something along the lines of Echoes hitting Sabbath or something would be better), then we could do the same for others. We don't have that many characters that actually scale with reactions to Speed. Steely Dan never noticed Hierophant Green's wrap, and by default is small and weak.

And if we were to upgrade DIO's reactions to MFTL, the same would go for Jotaro, and then Part 6's speed would be upgraded.

>Jotaro doesn't exactly need to comprehend his own attacks

Yes he does actually, that's kind of the point of trying to defeat an enemy. If you can't realize that you missed or something, how are you exactly going to fight?

What I meant by he doesn't exactly need to is thst he doesn't need to issue out every single command like telling SP to punch for every punch, but yeah, good point on the latter. But yeah I guess I am agreeing with a few exceptions, so I guess not really case by case then but rather the ones thst don't simply don't. On a side note what about the scene where Echoes 3 freezes Giornos hand or Black Sabbath's arms? It hit both of them there, although it was a surprise attack each time if I recall, if I recall wrong that should suffice on evidence on Part 4's speed. And while typing this out, didn't Aqua Necklace land a hit on Jotaro? Or at the very least touch him, before SP could splatter him some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back