• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

JoJo Profile Revisions/Clean-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed a lot of stuff in JoJo profiles that doesn't make much sense or needs some polishing. A lot of them are just innacuracies or out-of-context things in their profiles that should be re-worded or removed while other stuff is a bit more serious, especially when it comes to scaling. Here's what I found:

[This post ended up being a lot bigger than I expected so I narrowed it down to characters who appeared in Part 1 and 2 (including part 3 Dio and Joseph since their profiles are shared with their earlier versiosns) and might post a follow-up with part 3, 4 etc. characters]

- Pre-Tarkus Jonathan's tier (Building-level) is due to taking hits from Tarkus. The problem with that is that Tarkus spent their fight just playing around with Jonathan. I don't know this site's policy on character's holding back during fights so I'm not too sure if this is a valid one, but I thought I should still mention it. Tarkus spends the most of the fight teasing Jonathan and literally starts playing a game with him half-way through just to humiliate him even though he doesn't have to. In the same fight he hits a little boy (human-level at best) and he survives the attack without too much injury. It's very unlikely Tarkus was hitting people directly at full power. I'm also not sure why Jonathan surviving those attacks = having the same in AP, whearas characters like Jotaro get sepperate AP and Durability stats.

- Jonathan's profiles mentions him crashing through a wall with Dio. However, that page (and the previous pages) tells us they are actually falling through the roof of the mansion which had been weakened by the fire. I don't think falling down an already-weakened roof is a significant feat to include. Otherwise we'd be making profiles for every unfortunate irl construction worker.

- Jonathan's speed stats aren't clear if they're about Pre or Post-Tarkus Jonathan since they don't have keys. It mentions him intercepting Dio's Space Ripper Stingy Eyes but this technique is only showcased and used by Dio against Post-Tarkus Jonathan. It also mentions Straizo's bullet-timing which I guess scales due to him also using the Space Ripper Stingy Eye to do it ("the special ability that Dio killed Jonathan with") but this technique was already calced to be Hypersonic so wouldn't listing it as Supersonic too be unecessary?

- Dio's profile claims his Part 1 body is stronger than his Part 3 body but it offers no scans or further evidence (which is very important as this determines the tiers of the top tiers in Part 1 and 2).

- This one's just a request for a scan in Dio's profile. I think a scan of Star Plantinum and The World's punching-barrages clashing could show their equal AP/Durabilty in the most straight-forward way possible.

- Speedwagon's tier (Wall-level) is never properly backed-up.

- Whilst Part 3 Joseph's speed is explained in his profile (reacting to Silver Chariot), his AP and Durability just seem to be carried over from Part 2. I'm not too sure how I feel about that as Joseph never showcases any impressive physical AP/Durabilty feats in Part 3 (that I can recall) like in Part 2 and his old age and becoming rusty with Hamon could mean he's physically weaker in Part 3.

- I think a seppearate discussion should be started about Hermit Purple. I think it's below human-level AP seems a bit uncalled for. DIO does refer to it as "the weakest stand" but this doesn't seem like automatic below human-level AP considering things like:

1. DIO was saying this as he was breaking Hermit Purple before Joseph could transfer Hamon, implying he was referring to it's weak durability, not AP.

2. DIO was probably referring to it as the weakest in regards to the other Stardust Crusaders and not to stands overall, considering there are villains in part 3 who showcase physically weaker stands than Hermit Purple (the Lovers, Khnum, Tohth etc.).

There's quite a lot to discuss here and this post's huge enough already.

- Lisa Lisa scales to Joseph in AP due to tagging him, having Joseph admit he was better and having higher Hamon. The first is a speed feat, not an AP one, the second is just Joseph overhyping her for defeating Kars right before it's revealed she hadn't actually done it and the third I'm not too sure about either as Hamon does not simply = physical AP. While hamon can be used to raise one's natural physical AP/Durability, we'd still have to know how strong they are naturally to compare them (since it'd be natural AP + Hamon-boosted AP = AP in a fight).

You should ask Arigarmy and TheJ-ManRequiem to evaluate this.

Maybe, it needs to be reworded i guess, its fine but the justification should change. he already fought Brufird and could over power him . But then again, he can withstand his own punches so third law and all that. Checking back, it can stay, Tarkus didn't hold back, he even broke Jonathan's bones. Yeah he hit poco but, he actually wanted to kill poco there, Jonathan, right before he threw the kick pulled on the chain , which caused Tarkus to be pulled back mid kick saving poco .

Jonathan actually broke the hole in the roof on purpose, we clearly see him tackle DIO into it. Although it could be weakened yeah. He also dismembered zombies.

Post Tarkus jonathan should be hypersonic, he reacted to ripper eye and even intercepted debree from an explosio while dying, he also scales to the other hamon warriors like will who has an explosion reaction feat. The latter would scale to pre Tarkus.

He states in part 3 his body hasnt grown accustomed to his head yet and its weaker, Regenerationn on his left side being an explicit downgrade, a scan should be provided, I'll go find one .

I have a good gif for that. picture here portrays it nicely plus these gifs display their comparability.

On a side note some pictures for Jotaro's durability https://imgur.com/a/H2x2y

Was near an explosion calced at small Building, tanked the officer getting throw (which dismembered and killed everyone else, he got just a broken arm).

Nothing stated he got weaker, problem is he wasnt in many fights.

Correct, he manages rip a stake in half , can swing bwtween buildings like a grapple hook at high speed. Probaly gotta calc the latter.

Its stated she has 3x as much, if not more, than post caesar joseph right before fighting kars, I'll grab a scan. His hype isnt unfounded.

I will ask Arigarmy to evaluate this as well.

Even speedwagon is useful
I'll post again, the claim that Speedwagon has no source to back it up is that he already had the image on the wiki, it just wasn't applied to his page. It was the only thing that caught my eye that won't take 5 minutes to take in and type out an argument for.

Alright I'm back.

1. Jonathan's tiering is a weird triangle scale. Tarkus hits Jonathan and gives him an ouchie, Bruford hits Jonathan and also gives him ouchies, and when Jonathan hits Bruford and completely obliterates him, it scaled back. It's completely fine to have doubt in it, but that would make him either 9-B or 9-A, and fodder zombies have a consistent Wall level game outside of just one Small Building feat that I personally don't think is Small Building when it only took down a wall.

2. I don't see how the fire is weakening the roof. And my bad, meant roof.

3. He's weaker in the left side of his body (which is also the side DIO got killed from by Star Platinum. Max asspull or max foreshadowing? :think:)

4. Already mentioned Speedwagon

5. Hamon has nothing to do with physical strength, and hamon does not boost physical strength. Zeppeli stresses this before the fight with Tarkus.

6. The most Hermit Purple could ever do is squeeze something really hard, I'm not sure why you're very focused on its AP.

To be fair it's a huge wall, and extremely thick at that. Even in the anime.

Speedy on did say the fire is opening holes in the roof, but he also didn't see Jonathan tackle dio into the roof, up for debate.

Hamon ca increase durability though. Kinda.

Irrelevant, its ap is not below human, it has feats putting it far above that. Even if just gripping strength.

My take on your response, just thought I'd say.

1. but we cant use the anime?

2. Fire is opening up the floors, read the text.

3. I'm not saying it can't be above that tier. It was going to snap Mariah's neck. That's what I meant by squeeze something really hard.

Not what i meant (and actually we can, as long as the feat is potrayed the same, apparently).

Yeah, i guess.

Regardless its above below human .

Wait, youre probably not talking about the feat of the bypasser Dio tested the mask on fragmenting the wall in hindsight, ya said zombie, that was a vampire.

nah im just really tired dude, i did mean the vampire, but early vampires in the story were pretty weird and glass-cannon like.

Yeah , but that ain't a zombie, even being a fresh, weaker than normal vampire he should be above any zombie, which includes Tarkus.

On a side note. Here is a panel for jonathan, no hamon involved. Would likely be better for justification post tarkus.
Img000005 (1)
(Unrelated but Abdul getting crashed by a car and just dusting himself is hilarious.).

So, have you reached any conclusions about possible revisions?

Im currently trying to calc two speed feats for part 1 which would yield hypersonic results each.

Also gonna need to figure out the tensile strength on hermit purple.

Besides that, dont know , maybe a scan or two added for
Screenshot 20171115-030743
clarifucation like dio stating his body is not adapted , lisa and having 3x hamon power than joseph.
Also maybe add this to high dio? But the latter seems pointless.

Okay.

LoudCloud is not very active in the wiki anymore.

I don't see a point in making a key for it, but what I don't get even more is that it can't be named "High DIO" even though that's the canon name. I tried twice and it got reverted back to "Awakened" DIO.

you lost me which one are you talking about? I think you're swapping the order of the form names I mentioned

Beats me, I just know I changed it twice in the past and on both occassions they got switched back by somebody. I don't know who did it or why, maybe it's because it's describing him as high?

Seeing how we have the 2 biggest Jojo experts here can I ask If any of you have seen Red Hot Chili Pepper's City level feat?

I've seen it, I've read all of jojo.

If I knew what you were talking about though? Can't say. If ya mean draining the city of power? Only 8-C. Not tier 7.

Anime does have some good amount of feats, star platinum has an 8-B, pet shop also . Dio and his tier 7 ripper eye, chilli pepper too now. Josuke breaking all the windows in rohans place.

Arbitrary calced the amount of energy morioh uses in a year, and then used that to find out how much energy he drained. Only 8-C punches.

(Although I'm sure the blue moon one can be redone, it is kinda a lowball).

Anime-only bits can't be used I'm afraid. We'd have tier 7 casual characters for a while now if we could use it. (not unless you really want to go the extra mile for an anime-only separate page, which i don't think could even be made)

I would have made them by now, if it wasnt redundant. Only DIO would have a noticeable change in power outside of most getting put up to tier 8-B .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Arbitrary calced the amount of energy morioh uses in a year, and then used that to find out how much energy he drained. Only 8-C punches.

(Although I'm sure the blue moon one can be redone, it is kinda a lowball).
Thats quite weird, how are you gonna calc. Morioh's energy when there is little to no info. about citizens, can you post the calc in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back