• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ah yeah, this is an alternative self, not a future/past self. Although, Temporal Presence is existing in past, present and future, is possible that do not cover the past, present or future of an alternative dimension. Also, how the alternative dimension works? Is a alternative due and divergence in a point of time or a completely unrelated alternative self (like, one being male while the other swlf is female)?

Bump

I think we reached a conclusion about Funny Valentine, right? Would we need to mention that in the weakness section?

His P&A already put this as a fact of the verse and not a power D4C does and his Notable Attacks/Techniques part mentions the weakness.

Good then. The only thing remaining is the ghost/stand equalization, right? Do you perhaps remember any instance of a ghost being able to affect stands?

All of them have some justification behind it, but, in any case, the opposite is what must be proven.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Well, WoG is that only Stands can interact with Stands. Ghosts aren't stands.
WoG would be Statements Option 5 and it too can be inaccurate as well.

I don't think it was word of god that mentioned the interaction; I think it was a narrative that makes the statement as it I remember the statements was in a manga page of form.

Yes, I agree with it being option 5. Within the context of Jojo, only Stands can touch other Stands. That further supports that a normal Ghost can't touch a stand.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yes, I agree with it being option 5. Within the context of Jojo, only Stands can touch other Stands. That further supports that a normal Ghost can't touch a stand.
Can you prove that?

What do you mean can I prove that? It says Stands can only be effected by another stand. Ghosts are not stands. Kira's dad is not a stand. Reimi and her dog aren't stands.

Is not that a ghost is unable to interact with a Stand, is that ghost can't harm them (about the WoG, only stands can harm other stands). So, ghosts could touch them but they can't damage them, but the Alley Hands, that I suppose are spirits, can affect them.

They may as well be ghosts, not Stands. We just don't know and nothing on this matter proves anything.

Eficiente said:
They may as well be ghosts, not Stands. We just don't know and nothing on this matter proves anything.
I agree that it doesn't resolve anything, yes. But then there's nothing supporting that ghosts can affect stands, as that was the thing brought up by Antonio.

Yeah, I'm just saying that the Alley Hands shouldn't be relevant as we don't know enough about them. We do know that ghosts exist in Jojo and that Stands also exist. So when the manga says that only Stands can effect Stands, then ghosts would not randomly be excluded from this rule without any direct statements about it.

Ghost are a rare thing in JoJo, when the rules where initially brought in Part 3 they weren't any, after that they were occasionally appearing. If they were truly different, there would be a rule saying that Stands can affect ghosts.

I mean, these rules are more about the mechanics of stands. There's no rule that says they can effect humans, but we see them effect humans on screen. Same thing with Ghosts.

There is also Silver Chariot Requiem, whose powers derive from the ability to dominate the souls of living beings, and that just let's him use other's Stands against themselves. This and this come right after showing said power.

And? That simply shows that the rules remained unchanged across the series.
Remember the power to shrink one's Stand? That as well isn't mentioned.

Back