• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Johnny has Telepathy which he uses in character as well, so he'll know where Spinel is at all times.
He would still need to be able to follow It, Isn't like she is Hiding wilhe doing It, she is juste confusing the oponent
So yes, when the 2nd round comes in, Spinel is just going to be seen as the average boxer with very stretchy limbs, as that's mostly her attacks, while Johnny still has more abilities in the bag that Spinel will not see coming.
Her spring jumps should mané her able to go faster than jhonny even with equalized speed

He would still need to be able to follow It, Isn't like she is Hiding wilhe doing It, she is juste confusing the oponent

Her spring jumps should mané her able to go faster than jhonny even with equalized speed
1. True. But it will come in handy when the time is right.

2. Eh. That depends on the distance. Plus TP.

2. Eh. That depends on the distance. Plus TP.
It's comparable to her trow and you are really subestimating spinel skills, If she is deafeated in the first round is only beacuse of jhonny surprise advamtage thanks to It's uncommon moves, her skill advantage would make her more than able to be a extreme dificult foe to fight against expecially after she knows her oponents moves

It's comparable to her trow and you are really subestimating spinel skills, If she is deafeated in the first round is only beacuse of jhonny surprise advamtage thanks to It's uncommon moves, her skill advantage would make her more than able to be a extreme dificult foe to fight against expecially after she knows her oponents moves
You're acting like Johnny wouldn't adapt to Spinel's moves either. Plus, instead of just hitting her with attacks, he can just think of a plan to outsmart her. He's outsmarted geniuses with his quick and clever thinking. He can also think of creative plans to help him, and since he's a lot more versatile in his X form, he can definitely do some creative strategies to beat Spinel again.

You're acting like Johnny wouldn't adapt to Spinel's moves either. Plus, instead of just hitting her with attacks, he can just think of a plan to outsmart her. He's outsmarted geniuses with his quick and clever thinking. He can also think of creative plans to help him, and since he's a lot more versatile in his X form, he can definitely do some creative strategies to beat Spinel again.
First of all, spinel should have a easyer time adapting thanks to how linear jhonny ofensivo moves are, second, if jhonny wins the first round hee wouldn't be expecting a second one, ande just turns out that spinel exell in deafeting oponents that don't expect to fight her

This is like Jhonny vs that Keijo girl, a more versatile fighter vs one with kinda limited moves but of surprising nature

First of all, spinel should have a easyer time adapting thanks to how linear jhonny ofensivo moves are, second, if jhonny wins the first round hee wouldn't be expecting a second one, ande just turns out that spinel exell in deafeting oponents that don't expect to fight her

This is like Jhonny vs that Keijo girl, a more versatile fighter vs one with kinda limited moves but of surprising nature
I just gave a full list abilities Johnny has. Or are you just ignoring that? Spinel is much more limited than Johnny. Spinel is not the more versatile fighter. Unlike the Keijo girl, Johnny doesn't just have one form of moves that can he use in different ways. He has a variety if moves he can use in different ways due to their versatility and Johnny's creative and clever mind in battle. If anything, Spinel is more of the Keijo girl in this situation, as she only has a few variety of moves at her disposal that she can use in surprising ways.

Johnny will be surprised when Spinel comes back for a 2nd fight, but it won't throw him off his game. They both know how they fight very well. It's just that Spinel's fighting style ie far more limited than Johnny's. Plus, Johnny can use Spinel's Elasticity and Body Control against her like the Crystal Gems did.

I just gave a full list abilities Johnny has. Or are you just ignoring that? Spinel is much more limited than Johnny. Spinel is not the more versatile fighter. Unlike the Keijo girl, Johnny doesn't just have one form of moves that can he use in different ways. He has a variety if moves he can use in different ways due to their versatility and Johnny's creative and clever mind in battle. If anything, Spinel is more of the Keijo girl in this situation, as she only has a few variety of moves at her disposal that she can use in surprising ways.

Johnny will be surprised when Spinel comes back for a 2nd fight, but it won't throw him off his game. They both know how they fight very well. It's just that Spinel's fighting style ie far more limited than Johnny's. Plus, Johnny can use Spinel's Elasticity and Body Control against her like the Crystal Gems did.
I still don:t so but fair

"Since when??? The difference is 2.8x, with it being lower due to Johnny greatly scaling above 50.3 KT. You can make an argument for Spinel having the AP advantage, but the gap is fairly negligible. Johnny's Toon Force, Regen (to an extent), and Immense Pain Tolerance should give him the dura edge."

As the others have said, a 2.8x gap is not negligible, its pretty significant

"Hundreds of Meters vs Several Kilometers? How is that matching Johnny?"

Again, Spinel should have kilometers range via the video i posted of her punch extending for literal miles above the cloud layer, which would put her at bare minimum 2 km

"The only fights she's been in is against the Crystal Gems and Steven. Johnny has fought a far more diverse amount of enemies with different powers, while Spinel has only gotten in like a few fights."

None of the opponents Johnny has faced have the thousands of years of combat experience or combat skill that the Crystal Gems have.

"Spinel's regen only applies to her gem. When she's poofed, her gem physiology grants High-Mid regen, unless I'm missing something."

Spinel has low-mid regen without poofing scaling to Garnet regnerating her arms without being poofed.

"Since when??? The difference is 2.8x, with it being lower due to Johnny greatly scaling above 50.3 KT. You can make an argument for Spinel having the AP advantage, but the gap is fairly negligible. Johnny's Toon Force, Regen (to an extent), and Immense Pain Tolerance should give him the dura edge."

As the others have said, a 2.8x gap is not negligible, its pretty significant

"Hundreds of Meters vs Several Kilometers? How is that matching Johnny?"

Again, Spinel should have kilometers range via the video i posted of her punch extending for literal miles above the cloud layer, which would put her at bare minimum 2 km

"The only fights she's been in is against the Crystal Gems and Steven. Johnny has fought a far more diverse amount of enemies with different powers, while Spinel has only gotten in like a few fights."

None of the opponents Johnny has faced have the thousands of years of combat experience or combat skill that the Crystal Gems have.

"Spinel's regen only applies to her gem. When she's poofed, her gem physiology grants High-Mid regen, unless I'm missing something."

Spinel has low-mid regen without poofing scaling to Garnet regnerating her arms without being poofed.
A 2.8x gap doesn't matter much in this fight due Toon Force and Immense Pain Tolerance.

We're going off of what the profile says. Unless you want to make a quick CRT for Spinel, her range will stay at Hundreds of Meters.

If I got into 40 fist fights in my lifetime and you only got into 15, that means I'm more experienced than you in that area. But you could be potentially more skilled than me. Johnny has fought far more enemies and a diverse amount of people than Spinel, but Spinel has fought people far more skilled than any of the enemies Johnny has faced, even though she has gotten into less fights than Johnny. That's the difference between Skill and Experience.

Spinel doesn't have Low-mid listed on her profile, so we can't use it in this battle. Of course, if you want to make a CRT on Spinel, then be my guess.

Bump
OIP.cbcWNPNegNvr3WAGDzFHUgHaFP

A 2.8x gap doesn't matter much in this fight due Toon Force and Immense Pain Tolerance.

We're going off of what the profile says. Unless you want to make a quick CRT for Spinel, her range will stay at Hundreds of Meters.

If I got into 40 fist fights in my lifetime and you only got into 15, that means I'm more experienced than you in that area. But you could be potentially more skilled than me. Johnny has fought far more enemies and a diverse amount of people than Spinel, but Spinel has fought people far more skilled than any of the enemies Johnny has faced, even though she has gotten into less fights than Johnny. That's the difference between Skill and Experience.

Spinel doesn't have Low-mid listed on her profile, so we can't use it in this battle. Of course, if you want to make a CRT on Spinel, then be my guess.
Yes it does, since it allows Spinel to take way more hits due to possessing way higher dura (Also, Spinel upscales from her value too, so the AP gap shouldn’t be that negligible)

True, but the sheer skill gap between Johnny and the Crystal Gems means that Spinel even remotely being able to hold her own is leagues above Johnny’s skill

Her profile lists High-Mid regen, no kidding it doesn’t mention Low-Mid (And the Gem Physiology page mentions gem’s ability to regenerate from lesser injuries without poofing, citing lost limbs as the main example, so it doesn’t even matter)

Voting Spinel FRA

Last edited:
Yes it does, since it allows Spinel to take way more hits due to possessing way higher dura (Also, Spinel upscales from her value too, so the AP gap shouldn’t be that negligible)

True, but the sheer skill gap between Johnny and the Crystal Gems means that Spinel even remotely being able to hold her own is leagues above Johnny’s skill

Her profile lists High-Mid regen, no kidding it doesn’t mention Low-Mid (And the Gem Physiology page mentions gem’s ability to regenerate from lesser injuries without poofing, citing lost limbs as the main example, so it doesn’t even matter)

Voting Spinel FRA
I'll respond when I get home from school.

Voting Spinel FRA
In terms of physical dura, yes, Spinel holds the advantage. But Johnny has better hax that make him survive in this fight (I.E. Toon Force and Immense Pain Tolerance).

I agree on the skill department, but Johnny is far more experienced than Spinel. Say if you had Batman levels of skill, but you got into no fights. You're facing someone who is not nearly as skilled as you, but has gotten in far more fights than you. Your opponent is more experienced than you, but you're the more skilled individual.

Alright. So Spinel has Low-mid regen and has High-Mid regen with her Gem once she's "poofed."

Most of my points still stand, but I'll change my vote to Spinel due to her regen. If I had known this before, I would've been voted for Spinel.

Spinel wins Mid-High diff.

Looking at votes, I believe it's 2 for Johnny and 5 for Spinel.

Since this thread has basically been concluded, I'll contact random people I know to vote here so we can wrap this matchup up.

Great debating, everyone. Thanks for participating in this cursed thread lol.

This was a W matchup though, and I'm glad that Spinel got downgraded to low end High 7-C.
Usually I am used to them being mountain tier but it's alright. Just a heads up however that this has not been added in either's profile. Which reminds me:
(Teleports)
74ce2a2f-2de3-4c07-91d7-c3eb1b5af3ba
Btw, this was not a coincidence whoever recognizes this lad (Aside the awkardly honerable recognition being in Fortnite because that is NOT where he originated). This is a thing.

Back